Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Breathless Agony Registration is open!

To disable ads, please log-in.

This sold out in less than a week last year and they're expecting the 450 spots to go more quickly this time. GREAT event!!!!

http://www.cyclingpros.com/onyx.htm

Are you CRAZY??????? This sounds like the "Death Ride"- a real meanie!
    Nancy

Yes. I am crazy! I did this last year and I love this route. What's even crazier is that instead of doing the other two stages of the KOM series as centuries like I did last year, I'm doing the doubles. Yikes.

http://www.planetultra.com/mulholland/

This epic 202 miler traverses over 16,500 of vertical gain from Agoura Hills through
    Malibu to Camarillo and back via world famous Mulholland Highway and much more.
    This route is for the adventurous road biker who loves to climb and to see a lot of
    diverse terrain in the process. 19 hour time limit! A ride to remember!
    The third toughest double century event in California

http://www.planetultra.com/heartbreak/index.html

The Heartbreak Double Century has about 15,500' of elevation gain. This spectacular course showcases some of the most quiet, beautiful, dramatic, and unknown regions of California. There is essentially no traffic and the route explores an area that most of the participants will never otherwise visit. There is less than one "junk mile" on the entire course. Veteran riders can attest to all of this, while rookies will take away that sentiment after completing this challenging and rewarding cycling adventure.

ughh breathless in Agony. must you tempt me with that ride. I'm no where near ready for the climb to the pass on hwy 38. Besides the ride near the summit is cold. Its cold coming down from Glen Oak or is it Oak Glen... Can I skip the climb and istead of turning right at the ranger station, can I just turn left and go back to the park for the bar-b-que??

its a fun ride. and if you ride to the summit, you have more or less 20 or so miles of straight down hill. There are places where you can hit 60MPH (100km/hr)

smilingcat
    Last edited by smilingcat; 01-15-2008 at 12:19 PM.

I have said it before on this forum, and I will probably say it again, but I am in constant awe of you women who are dedicated enough to not only train for these distances, but also brave and confident enough to enter the events and complete the rides.

I am always impressed.

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

Sounds like something for the "to do" list. Not this year, though. Even if I hadn't broken the shoulder, I really try to avoid events that require a lot of travel, anyway. Death Ride is different, as the whole family does it in one way or another.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRaven View Post
    I have said it before on this forum, and I will probably say it again, but I am in constant awe of you women who are dedicated enough to not only train for these distances, but also brave and confident enough to enter the events and complete the rides.

I am always impressed.
    RR...you're so sweet! I love the ultradistance and climbing events. I'm not fast enough to be a road racer, so this is my cup of tea!

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois View Post
    Sounds like something for the "to do" list. Not this year, though. Even if I hadn't broken the shoulder, I really try to avoid events that require a lot of travel, anyway. Death Ride is different, as the whole family does it in one way or another.
    It's a great event, you should definitely come down for it next year. The whole KOM series is great, all of the events are so different.

By the way...I just got an email from Chuck Bramwell and Breathless is over 90% sold out in just one day!

Brandy- Are any of the doubles you are planning to do on the list of the Triple Crown? Now that's a neat award.

Oh, to be young again.....
    Nancy

I'm pretty sure she got the Triple Crown last year.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Quote Originally Posted by Bike Goddess View Post
    Brandy- Are any of the doubles you are planning to do on the list of the Triple Crown? Now that's a neat award.

Oh, to be young again.....
    Yes, all of my doubles are Triple Crown doubles! MP is right, I did get my CTC last year and this year my plan is five (Butterfield, Hemet, Mulholland, Heartbreak and Grand Tour TRIPLE) so I can get my 1000 mile club.

I just wore my CTC jersey on Monday for the first time and it felt so nice! I'm a sucker for jerseys that have to be earned!