Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by mizztissa View Post
    Great pics!

I have friends on the island that live in Black Creek (that's between Courtenay and Campbell River)
    There was an island, I think it was called Quadra or Texada, that makes for a beautiful day of cycling.
    Hope you get to see it someday. No cars!
    My brain is trying to remember which island I went as a tourist (when I was still living in Ontario) across from Campbell River where I stayed by myself for a few days. I think it was Quadra. I didn't do much for a few hrs. because I didn't rent a bike that day. Just wandered abit, much of the island is undeveloped with very few roads, and any, are short... if dim memory serves me right.

I don't mind cars...provided the road is wide enough. But on West Pender Island (another Gulf island) this summer, just on the Saturday was not the greatest thing. still the traffic volume doesn't compare to....Toronto.

My theory is ...to best appreciate the province's beautiful outdoor offerings...is to lst live in another part of Canada for a few years lst.

Are you a British Columbian?
    Last edited by shootingstar; 01-22-2008 at 08:41 PM.