Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tierra Bella April 9th in Gilroy?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Is anyone here planning on doing this ride? I was hoping to do the Cinderella, but with my illness and knee problems, I've lost 2 whole weeks of training and don't think I'm going to be able to do 65 miles by April 2. The Tierra Bella has s 35 mile option that I'm thinking of training for instead. Anyone else thinking about this one? There's also a 100K, 100 mile and 200K.

It's a very pretty ride, although I haven't ridden it in a few years. I'm usually working it, since it's my club's big ride. It's hillier than Cinderella, all the routes except the 35 mile option go up to Gilroy Hot Springs (one of jobob's favorite rides.....) Although I hear there may be some route changes this year, so no guarantees!

Cinderella is relatively flat, you may be able to do it. Heck, I just started training for it last week - a whole 20 miles on Saturday.

Hey Snapdragen! Are you going to do the Cinderella Training ride on Saturday that ACTC is hosting? I'd like to do it and see how it goes. I basically have not been on my bike for 2 1/2 weeks, and I have to give back the trainer I've been borrowing from my friend. Have to see if we can afford to get one for us.

I am - if you're there I'm riding a blue Terry.

Very cool! I ride a silver Specialized Roubaix and I'll probably be wearing a red jersey with yellow trim.

Hey Snapdragen... did you do the ride this morning? How was it? Where did you go? My husband and I did a short ride this morning as we had time constraints (we rode out a little past New Almaden and back home) and if I didn't know it before, I now know that I really gotta work on my climbing. I'm in really bad shape and I think there's a few good hills on that 60K course for the Tierra Bella. Have you ridden the 60K course before?

Hi - I'm not snapdragen but I've ridden out that way a few times (including today!). The 60k route ( map here ) has some rolling grades but it's not too bad. It's a really nice route!

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by jobob
    jobob the mountain goat says: The 60k route has some rolling grades but it's not too bad. It's a really nice route!
    It is a gorgeous route - but you do need a little bit of hill climbing under your belt to enjoy the trek to Gilroy Hot Springs, don't you think? Of course, my only experience is the first turn up to the hot springs, falling over, and landing hard on my knee .

Slinke-the ride today was fun, we still stayed on the Coyote Creek path, rode about 25 miles. I and a couple other women took off and flew quite a bit of it. I'm amazed at how good it feels - I've not ridden since last fall, my legs are feeling great. The rides are great confidence builders.

jobob - used different shorts today -- no owies this time around. Still starting to think about a new Brooks tho.....
    Last edited by snapdragen; 02-05-2005 at 07:08 PM.

Hi snapdragen, we're talking about the 60k here, which is basically the loop around the Chesbro Reservior (Uvas, Oak Glen) - no Gilroy Hot Springs in the 60K route.

The climb up to Gilroy Hot Springs (which is in the 100K), yep, that takes some training (huff puff!).

And then there's the added joy of the Metcalf hill for the 100 mi & 200K - I have yet to tackle that, but my Krebs map shows entirely too many triple Chevrons on that climb

- Jo.

(say, that's good news on the lack-of-owie front).

Oops! Duh for me Must be bedtime......

Did you volunteer to work at TB?

Quote Originally Posted by jobob
    Hi snapdragen, we're talking about the 60k here, which is basically the loop around the Chesbro Reservior (Uvas, Oak Glen) - no Gilroy Hot Springs in the 60K route.

Thanks for the info, ladies! Yes, no Hot Springs on the 60k... thank God for small favors!! My husband is going to do the ride with me, so he can push me up whatever I can't make if it gets bad. I need lots of time in the saddle, and I think I need some new shorts. My PI ones are not kind to what my three year old calls her "winkie."

I'm looking forward to the ride. Hopefully I'll get to meet you somewhere along the way!! Are you working the ride, too, Jobob? Good luck on Hamilton today. I'd never, ever make it up that thing. Sheesh. You guys are masochists. My husband loves to ride that thing just so he can race cars on the way down. He's crazy.

One more question for Snapdragen

Was the ride yesterday pretty much flat, and do you know the gal who is leading it is planning on using the same route every week? I really need to get in a group ride soon. I've never done one with more than two other people.

Yesterday was flat, I believe Anita is increasing the mileage by 5 miles each week. We will be doing some hills in the future, probably up to the reservoirs (Calero, Uvas). Come and join us, Anita and her husband Duncan take good care of you.

I just thought of something else, have you considered taking ACTC's academy? It's a great way to learn group riding skills--right jobob?

you betcha!

Sounds like a great idea! I have to check and see if I can swing the schedule. My 13 year old has a dance competition next Saturday and the Saturday after that, so those days will be shot. I'll go on ACTC's site and see what it's all about!!