Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Commuting Bikes

To disable ads, please log-in.

I commute on my road bike (Specialized Allez) but that's because my commute is 30 miles each way and very hilly.

I drive/train it one day a week to take clothes to work, and carry a mini backpack when I ride.

Depends on the Weather

In the summer I commute on a LeMond Poprad disc with fenders and front/rear lights on it. Nice and tough but also light and speedy enough for longer rides.

In the winter, when I don't want my pretty bike splattered with salt/sand/gunk, I ride a modified Specialized Hardrock with studded tires, fenders, a rack, and of course, my Down Low Glow (plus other front and rear lights). I put drop handlebars on it since I don't like to mtb. It's like a very big, slow road bike now.
    Almost a Bike Blog:
    http://kf.rainydaycommunications.net/

Never give up. Never surrender.

I bought the Jamis Coda Femme bike today; it will arrive in the shop in 3 days. A very easy decision. I got some cool fenders and a rack, too. My husband got the Coda Sport, which has a little better components (his commute is longer). They gave us $50.00 off of the price of both.
    I also will be riding this during the winter, when the streets are full of sand. Well, in the winter when it is above 38-40 degrees. I am a weather wimp.

Congrats on the new Coda! We want pictures!
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Will post the pictures sometime next week; I'm leaving for a x country ski vacation in northern Vermont on Monday and won't pick up the bike until the 28t or 29th.