Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

U know U R a bike shop groupie

To disable ads, please log-in.

... when you drop the bike off for service, and the owner fills out the paperwork and says "what's a good phone number?" and you give him one and then say "and my cell phone..." and you hesitate... and he pulls his phone out of his pocket to look it up

they don't only know YOU by name, but your sister, brother, boyfriend, his brother, etc and all of their hobbies

the phone rings at the LBS, and it's for YOU.

You get so much free help & spare parts from the guys at the bike shop that your male biking friends accuse you of "trading" for bike parts. (I swear I don't trade.)

I got a real kick out of the answers over at bikejournal... lots of groupies there! (When they call you before they bring new inventory in... when they call you if they forget their keys...)

When you get ready to move out of town, the LBS owners come to your going away party. On the day of the drive out of town, you stop by the LBS to say good-bye and start bawling b/c you really love these guys and their bike shop....and you call them from the new town and say the shop here sux!

(this is hypothetical of course...NOT!) I miss those guys!
    Laura

conversation relayed to me by cycling buddy, D:

D stops by shop and chats with manager and says, "I'll bet this is the bike that Elaine is drooling over."

Bike shop manager: "yep!"

The yellow Madone 5.5 pro, and he was right.
    "Being retired from Biking...isn't that kinda like being retired from recess?" Stephen Colbert asked of Lance Armstrong

When the accountant who works in the back comes out and pulls out an accessory and says; "look, this will match your bike" (and you don't have the bike with you)
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

...when you arrange to meet mimi at the bike shop and think you are late and when you ask the assistant he says -'No, mimi's not been in yet'
    If it's not one thing it's another

Yea, there was the time I came in for something and Fritz asked "can I see your helmet?" and returned it with a pig snout and ears, saying "we found this in the warehouse and everybody agreed, you would wear it." Last week I found the staff had been debating which of my bicycles had the most mileage... I went to the spreadsheet and was surprised (the Xtra had >6000, the Trek <3000, the Gazelle 950!!!! ... and then those 22 sweeet miles on the LBS owner's 'old' carbon fiber bike )

Your husband accuses the LBS manager of lubing your bottom bracket too frequently...
    The space and time for what you WANT is being occupied by what you have settled for

"You say bark I say bite / You say shark I say hey man / Jaws was never my scene / And I don't like Star Wars"

BikeDFW - Dallas and Fort Worth Area Cycling Advocacy Organization

SNORK!!! Now that sounds like something they'd say here

When they give you the set of keys to figure out which one unlocks the cabinet that what you are looking for might be in.

Quote Originally Posted by silver View Post
    conversation relayed to me by cycling buddy, D:

D stops by shop and chats with manager and says, "I'll bet this is the bike that Elaine is drooling over."

Bike shop manager: "yep!"

The yellow Madone 5.5 pro, and he was right.
    The yellow 5.5 is all you!

I walk in, drop the kid on the couch, change the channel to cartoons and start talking about gear, rides, the tour or whatever. Having a LBS with a big screen and couple chairs makes it easy to stop by with the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. SR500 View Post
    The yellow 5.5 is all you!

No. NO. NOOO! It's NOT!

When I bought her the Silver Madone while she was in the hospital, I walked in to the LBS - introduced myself - and asked which bike my wife was drooling over? He showed it to me. I said: "are you sure" - he said, "oh yeah, I'm sure".
    Last edited by Mr. Bloom; 02-14-2008 at 02:10 AM.
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers