Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

To disable ads, please log-in.

Stop, stop, stop!!!!

All this talk of dogs is killing me!

I've wanted a dog for EVER and but as yet am still dogless. I grew up with dogs but at the moment both of us work all day so it wouldn't be very fair on the poor pooch. However, I'm hoping to get a job closer to home soon so I could pop back at lunchtime.

BF & I have already been making doggy plans, which included a trailer so we could take puppy up to the local beauty spot about 5 miles away for a good run around.

Aaaaaahhhh..... one day soon....

( Hey, Administrator - any chance of a little smiley to represent Day Dream face?? )

........*insert cackle here*

and your little dog too! Not a clue why I keep seeing the Wicked Witch from the West when you talk about a little dog in a basket on your bike!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Phone Home

Quote Originally Posted by CorsairMac
    and your little dog too!
    ROLF

Or how about ET jammed into the basket on the front of Elliot's bike. Now if anyone needed a trailer it was Elliot

ahhh MM - we just think too much alike!!
    May the Force be with us!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Wow... you all carry so much
    But I'm not an MBC, so maybe that's the difference

All I have is the seat bag (keys, puncture repair kit, cell phone) and my pockets on my top (food - a banana or a couple of muesli bars, perhaps a windbreaker). And the bottle cage for 1 litre of water.

Thats me and my stuff

(LOL, def no room for a dog on my bike!)

How about this MomOnBike...

I use something similar for my roomies Shih Tzu (on hikes). He loves it.

Found this one at: http://trixieandpeanut.com/travel-tr...fabdogcarriers

spazz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	petpouch.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	97  
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

Somewhere here (Dog On Bike?) I posted pics of Monty in the basket on DH's bike. Monty's noisy - lots of excited yips and whines - and active - he just can't get the bike to steer where he wants to go.

This makes for an exciting ride for poor DH. We take him to a nearby park for picnics, but that's about as much as is really practical.

So we won't take Monty on our cross-country epic tour, but in a limited way, this experiment has been a success.

And as for the front carrier, um, no. It's far too much like being pregnant. I've been there, done that, and have the hips to prove it. I was one of the mean and nasty pregnant women. We'll stick with the basket.
    Give big space to the festive dog that make sport in the roadway. Avoid entanglement with your wheel spoke.
    (Sign in Japan)

1978 Raleigh Gran Prix
    2003 EZ Sport AX

Bobs are great. I used to use mine for commuting to work, towing groceries home, even transmission parts when mine blew up-and cars seemed to give me the slightest bit extra berth, especially when I'd use the stupid flag. My husband uses bob to carry the chainsaw and/or tools around for trail maintenance.

One thing is sure-bob is a heck of a lot easier to haul behind you than a kid trailer!! I'll be so happy to swap back to the bob-or even better-RIDE NAKED!
    You know, without anything attached to my bike besides myself...

My pack is pretty boring-tube, flat kit, tire levers, co2 cartridges and thingy, chapstick, multi-tool, chain tool, some money.
    I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.