Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

SLO wildflower registration at midnight tonight!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi TE gals! Tonight at midnight is the registration opening on Active.com for the Wildflower Century! It will sell out in less than twelve hours! Set your alarm clock - this is an awesome ride in late April, and with our rains this weekend, we might even see wildflowers! Go to the San Luis Obispo cycling club website for info! See you there! Carol

Here's the club website: http://www.slobc.org/Home.html
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I bet that's a gorgeous ride. San Luis Obispo is one of the most beautiful towns I've ever visited.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

The ride isn't in SLO, just put on by the club. The route is actually inland and away from the ocean, but the area can be gorgeous -- or it can be brutally hot with only one poppy for the entire ride (after only 3" of rain for the entire winter). CindySue, Bubba, Homey and I tried that last year. 103 degrees is not my idea of fun.

That said, I'd try the ride again but I think I'd reserve a hotel room immediately and then take my chances just before the ride at buying an entry via the clubs spiffy site which makes it easy to sell registrations. I'd want to know the weather gods weren't ready to abuse me again.
    Last edited by SadieKate; 01-06-2008 at 08:53 PM.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

I think there might be more than one poppy this year, if all that rain we're having right now is any indication.

I'd love to sign up for this one, but I'm doing the Wildflower olympic triathlon the following weekend, so it's probably not such a good idea for me.

If you don't manage to get in before the ride sells out (or, if you plan on deciding at the last minute a la SadieKate ) the SLOBC sets up a website from which you can easily buy and sell Wildflower registrations.

I was able to sell my registration on that site with no hassle at all when it became apparent that I couldn't ride on account of the Head Cold from Hell which turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

I wish other ride organizers could do this, it's so convenient.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Thank you for the reminder.

Signed up right away. Learned my lesson from last year when I bemoaned, "... All the rides are selling out ..."

Decided to do just the 75 mile. Signed up for the night before spagetti dinner.

smilingcat

whew!!! looked and looked for a decent place to stay.

Found a cute place in San Luis Obispo. ONly 30 minutes from the start.
    per night with internet discount was $89.00 (without the tax etc). By far the cheapest with exception of motel 6 (yuck). The place is called AppleFarm
    www.applefarm.com or call 800-374-3705

Well I'm looking forward to this ride. Now need to get a camera so I can take pictures of the california poppies/field of wild flowers in bloom (I hope).

smilingcat