Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I know I've been pretty much out of this thread but if it's ok, could DH and I attend? It's iffy...I bid for my new shift next monday and it takes effect on the 9th. I THINK I'll still be able to hold full weekends but we will see I haven't ridden since, er, I honestly can't remember. I've been running though and hopefully won't have any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by teigyr View Post
    I know I've been pretty much out of this thread but if it's ok, could DH and I attend? It's iffy...I bid for my new shift next monday and it takes effect on the 9th. I THINK I'll still be able to hold full weekends but we will see I haven't ridden since, er, I honestly can't remember. I've been running though and hopefully won't have any problems.
    Aw, Teigyr, you're a gnarly girl - of course you won't have any problems! And bring DH, f'sure...
    Good luck on the shift bid - hang onto those weekends or maybe pitch a hissy fit?!

Of course you guys are welcome!

And the ride is optional, you know...
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Yep, I was responding about riding, so that you know I wasn't trying to step all over your tootsies, Salsa!

Quote Originally Posted by MM_QFC! View Post
    Yep, I was responding about riding, so that you know I wasn't trying to step all over your tootsies, Salsa!
    Honey, my toes are not nervous types, so not to worry about that at all, okay? Not a problem.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

And all TE folks are welcome---I just assumed that you all knew that, I guess.

Wahine, you'll be missed, girl.

Thanks

Am anxiously awaiting monday. Can I say I have to have full weekends off due to my "lifestyle choices"? Actually it's looking pretty good but we'll see.

Wahine, you will be missed indeed. DH asked if vodka can go into smoothies. I assured him it probably could.

of course he is the person who mixed vodka with cytomax once just to see if it was good. he said it was.

Are your streets road bike w/narrow tires safe? Or do I bring my Surly with the studded tires? If my daughter wants to ride, would anyone have a bike she could use? I hate transporting bikes on the rack in the winter and if we only bring one bike it can go inside the car. She's long legged and would ride around a 54cm? She prefers a straight bar over drops.

This is shaping up to be a great day! bikerHen

DH asked if vodka can go into smoothies. I assured him it probably could.

of course he is the person who mixed vodka with cytomax once just to see if it was good. he said it was.
    We have a new micro distillery here in Spokane. I'll bring a bottle of their Vodka . . . it's really good. bikerHen

Mimi and I would like to get a vague head count. Who thinks they'll be coming?

The streets are road bike safe, BikerHen. Wish I had a 54 to offer, but I'm shorter than that, myself.

Me!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I'll know on monday....

OH how the fingers and toes are crossed. It looks promising. We obsessed for at least an hour today. It's almost like playing poker...who's going to take what and who will change their mind at the last minute, etc. It wasn't quite as bad when I was junior and knew every shift would suck but now it's there just right almost at my reach. Oh the joys of shiftwork!

Bikerhen, if you're coming, this ride will DEFINITELY be accessible for bikes with skinny tires. That's what i have. And if you're worried, it's almost completely FLAT FLAT FLAT and much of it is on a bike trail.
    and it's scenic too.
    TEigyr, you can SO do this ride.

Then again, if this 28 degree garbage continues, I won't be riding.
    brr grr brrr grrrr
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by salsabike View Post
    Mimi and I would like to get a vague head count. Who thinks they'll be coming?
    Not me

I'm inconsolable. Guess I'll just have to drink Drambuie and reminisce on my lonesome ownsome. Try not to let it get in the way of you all having a good time.

It's been raining for two days here. I'm upstairs with my wellies on just in case.
    If it's not one thing it's another

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno28 View Post
    Not me

I'm inconsolable. Guess I'll just have to drink Drambuie and reminisce on my lonesome ownsome. Try not to let it get in the way of you all having a good time.

It's been raining for two days here. I'm upstairs with my wellies on just in case.
    Bruno, you will be missed. I'm glad you've got your wellies. You ought to teach a class on Scottishisms (not to be confused with Schottisches) it would really be fun!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.