Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by F8th637 View Post
    I just came back from an attempt at a bike fit only to learn that my hybrid is way too small for me.
    What kind is it and what size? I'm considering a hybrid for canal rides.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Quote Originally Posted by zencentury View Post
    What kind is it and what size? I'm considering a hybrid for canal rides.
    It is a GT Nomad LTD and the size is XS. I'm not sure what that translates to in inches. I could measure for you, if you like. I'm 5'6" and was told I could probably fit better on a medium. Would an XS work for you?
    "She who succeeds in gaining the master of the bicycle will gain the mastery of life." -Frances E. Willard
    My Cycling Blog | Requisite Bike Pics | Join the Team Estrogen group at Velog.com

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Quote Originally Posted by F8th637 View Post
    It is a GT Nomad LTD and the size is XS. I'm not sure what that translates to in inches. I could measure for you, if you like. I'm 5'6" and was told I could probably fit better on a medium. Would an XS work for you?
    Who sold you that bike!?!? It's so frustrating with bike shops do that just to sell what's on the floor. F8th, I recommend Proteus Bikes in College Park, Maryland. Jill will never sell you a bike that doesn't fit your body or your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Who sold you that bike!?!? It's so frustrating with bike shops do that just to sell what's on the floor. F8th, I recommend Proteus Bikes in College Park, Maryland. Jill will never sell you a bike that doesn't fit your body or your needs.
    LOL That's who I went to see yesterday. She was great! She kept saying it wasn't my fault but honestly I do feel guilty because I didn't go to a reputable bike shop and instead went to a chainy store. So among other things I'm dealing with that emotional turmoil right now.
    "She who succeeds in gaining the master of the bicycle will gain the mastery of life." -Frances E. Willard
    My Cycling Blog | Requisite Bike Pics | Join the Team Estrogen group at Velog.com

Quote Originally Posted by Velobambina View Post
    No wonder I love my Lunas! Margo had her dogs there with her when she made my bikes. No better souls than those of dogs!
    (((((((((velobambina)))))))))))))
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

Can anyone tell me anything about the fit of the Bianchi Volpe? I am thinking about getting a cross bike, not for cyclocross but for taking my daughter on rides in the trailer. We live really close to both a paved trail and a gravel trail, and the gravel trail connects to a better part of the paved trail, so it would be really handy to have a bike that could handle both surfaces without weighing a ton like my mountain bike. I have a friend with a baby the same age who plans to use her cross bike for pulling her trailer, so it seems like a good fit for my purposes and for riding together.

I don't want to spend a fortune on this bike and the Volpe seems like a good price point, but it might be a big pain to test ride one so I want to know something about the fit before I go hunt one down to test out.

Quote Originally Posted by xeney View Post
    Can anyone tell me anything about the fit of the Bianchi Volpe?.
    My husband has ridden a Volpe for the last 5 years for both road & trail. He has been extremely satisfied with bike. I ride rail trail some and a mountain bike is overkill IMHO plus I like the drop handlebars so I can vary my hand position. Therefore, I also purchased a Volpe this Christmas just for rail trail and longer tours where I cart extra gear with me. I had a 44 ordered and it fits me quite nicely. My Trek is a 47 for comparison. My LBS worked with me to get the fit to approximate my road bike as closely as possible. Can't wait to take her out if the snow ever ends ...
    Susan

Try not. Do or do not... there is no try.
    Yoda

2004 Airborne WASP (road)/Selle An-Atomica
    2010 Bike Friday New World Tourist (commuter)/Selle An-Atomica
    2010 Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro/Selle An-Atomica

That's an interesting size comparison! Could you tell me whether it was more of an issue of the reach or an issue of standover/height that made you need to downsize?

For what it's worth...

I test rode a Bianchi Axis last summer. I'm 5'4" and the 44cm was too small (scrunched up), yet the 49cm's reach was a bit too long.

It was both reach & standover. I have attached the geometry of my two bikes for comparison. 28.5 inches is about the maximum I can take in standover- short legs and long torso.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	volpe-pilot.gif 
Views:	354 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	5585  
    Susan

Try not. Do or do not... there is no try.
    Yoda

2004 Airborne WASP (road)/Selle An-Atomica
    2010 Bike Friday New World Tourist (commuter)/Selle An-Atomica
    2010 Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro/Selle An-Atomica

Thank you, very helpful!

New cross bike

I just bought a Ridley Crossbow. I believe it's a slightly taller bike, but I absolutely love it. Ridley is another brand with great cross bikes at different price ranges. Good luck!