Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Wl-chllng #2!!!

Arrow Wl-chllng #2!!!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Well, you all asked for it, so here it is...............

I am challenging anyone on this site to a

7 Week,body fat % weight loss Challenge.

Let's see how we do!

Let's sweeten the pot with a little reward for those who want to participate- a water bottle shower!! Everyone who participates in the reward portion of the challenge agrees to send the winner a water bottle at their cost. If you win, you get the loot!!
    Rules:
    1.You must be honest about your weight and % of weight loss. Weigh at the same time of day in the same "outfit" or sans outfit!
    2. You must have a scale that weighs to the nearest ounce to keep it fair.
    3. You must not miss a weigh in.
    4. Weigh in's will be on Friday this time, since today is Thursday and some of our TE'ers won't read this until after work tonight - no one wants to weigh in at the end of the day!!
    5. You can't guzzle 2 gallons of water like the guy on Biggest Loser to throw the scale and win the water bottles. Sorry.
    6. You must be willing to purchase a water bottle and pay for the shipping to the winner out of your own funds within one week of the final weigh in.
    7. The contest ends - Friday February 22
    8. Biggest loser by % of body fat lost wins!
    9. You must cut and paste your name to the list and declare yourself a reward or no reward participant.

We will do both a reward and non reward challenge.

I will start a cut and paste list - add your name to the list and add whether you want to participate in the reward or no reward challenge!!

Love ya all - Friday is just around the corner - woo hoooooooo!!!!!
    Last edited by Flybye; 01-03-2008 at 07:40 AM. Reason: spelling, misc

Cut And Paste List

1. Flybye - reward challenge.

I want to be in, but I can't guarantee I can weigh in on Fridays. (I use the FedEx scale at work, and if there are a bunch of people in the room, I'm NOT hopping on it!)

So, I guess I'm in the non-reward side.
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

1. Flybye - reward challenge
    2. Pedal Wench - no reward challenge
    3. GLC - reward challenge

I want to participate and I'll agree to send a water bottle to the winner! Can I suggest that we do it like The Biggest Loser and do % of body weight lost instead of just lbs lost? It'll even out the stakes a little...you know?

(I took the liberty of adding Pedal Wench to the challenge as a 'no reward' participant...hope that is ok!)
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    Can I suggest that we do it like The Biggest Loser and do % of body weight lost instead of just lbs lost? It'll even out the stakes a little...you know?

That is a great idea -

Who would win? Pounds or % ? Theoretically, can't someone loose a lot of weight but a lesser % ?
    Last edited by Flybye; 01-03-2008 at 06:36 AM. Reason: additional thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Flybye View Post
    That is a great idea -

Who would win? Pounds or % ? Theoretically, can't someone loose a lot of weight but a lesser % ?
    I LOVE that idea! I really can't lose too much more weight, but as a percentage, I probably can compete. After watching the premier of this season's Biggest Loser, I realized that just pounds is hard to compete against. I really can only lose about another 5 lbs before I start losing muscle, but those folks are knocking off 20 lbs. in a week!
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

Like the % idea but I'll go with either way - I just like participating as a motivation. (The reason the % is more fair is that it's easier to lose weight faster at the beginning. I used to lose 2lbs a week, now I can barely lose 1/2 lb a week). Anyway, make me non-reward - I can't win anyway. We all get to post on the same thread anyway right?

Do we also need to post our start and goal weight?
    Start - 122 lbs this morning. (I won't be here tomorrow)
    Goal - 117 by Feb 28

5lbs loss is only 4% of my current body weight.

4. KG - no reward challenge
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

I would like to participate in the reward challenge. I think I have finally gotten my act together enough to lose some weight.

Julie
    I am never down. I am either up or getting up.

Okay, scratch the idea of weigh loss wins by pounds, I will edit the original post and we will do % loss.

Can someone here take care of the formula for calculating weight loss by % so that those who want to take place in the challenge but don't know how to do this can learn and I will edit my original post??

Thanks!!

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    I'd like to join the no reward challenge.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

% of starting weight would have to determine the winner.

For example:

If someone starts at 200 lbs and loses 12 lbs, that's 6% of their starting body weight. If someone starts at 120 lbs and loses 10 lbs, that's 8.3% of their body weight and much harder to do. The second person would win even though technically, they've lost less lbs than the other person.

The biggest loser does it this way so that a woman who weighs 200 lbs can still compete on the same playing field as a guy who weighs 400 lbs. The actual lbs lost is less, but as a % of starting weight, it can be the same (or better).

To calculate: % = lbs loss/starting weight x 100.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

4. KG (kelownagirl)- no reward challenge
    5. Nonsmoker3 - reward challenge
    6. Tri-girl - no reward challenge

Updated list.

% of starting weight would have to determine the winner.

For example:

If someone starts at 200 lbs and loses 12 lbs, that's 6% of their starting body weight. If someone starts at 120 lbs and loses 10 lbs, that's 8.3% of their body weight and much harder to do. The second person would win even though technically, they've lost less lbs than the other person.

The biggest loser does it this way so that a woman who weighs 200 lbs can still compete on the same playing field as a guy who weighs 400 lbs. The actual lbs lost is less, but as a % of starting weight, it can be the same (or better).

To calculate: % = lbs loss/starting weight x 100.
    Thanks for the formula!!

Add me to the reward list. This just might keep me motivated.

Kerry

I'd like to participate -- and I'm willing to send a water bottle to the winner (probably won't be me!).

Alas, I gained almost all of the weight I lost in October/early November back over final exam period, Christmas & New Years. Time to take that back off and get back on track to my original goal.

I'm in

I'm starting to pile on the weight. Maybe this will help me make better food choices and get motivated to start moving again.

4. KG (kelownagirl)- no reward challenge
    5. Nonsmoker3 - reward challenge
    6. Tri-girl - no reward challenge
    7. Jusdooit - no reward challenge