Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

indy, I feel the same way about running. But the fact is, it's a great thing to do when I can't get out andbike, if it's too cold/icy, or if I'm travelling.

also, are you from indianapolis? The Boy and I are doing the 500 Mini-Marathon in May out there!

-

Went for a run my self this afternoon at work. Was gonna just do treadmill since I only brought a pair of shorts and tank top, but all the other ladies were chattering about how nice it was and how they were gonna go outside, so I took a step outside and realized it was GORGEOUS, mid-60s and sunny. Did about 3 miles and felt good and actually managed to take the time to cool down unlike I usually do when I run at work. So no cold sweats rigth now at my desk, yay!

K.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmyt View Post
    indy, I feel the same way about running. But the fact is, it's a great thing to do when I can't get out andbike, if it's too cold/icy, or if I'm travelling.

also, are you from indianapolis? The Boy and I are doing the 500 Mini-Marathon in May out there!
    I am from Indianapolis. That's great that you're doing the Mini. It's turned into a hard race to get into. Where are you traveling from? If you need any advice or help with your visit, please let me know.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by Grog View Post
    Great job Indysteel! Congrat on getting out there.

Yeah, I said that too......... You never know where your feet will take you.

Enjoy!
    So true. I didn't have any grand ambitions when I first started riding either. If I recall, my first bike ride in June of 2006 was 6 miles. My longest ride in 2007 was 160 miles! I could surprise myself again I suppose.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I live in PA, but The Boy's sister runs the race every year (she lives somewher in IN and his parents live close to Indianapolis) so we will be staying with his folks and hanging out with the fam. She runs alot faster than me though, she always finishes near the top of her AG, I think she has the pride of holding the record as the fastest woman in Bedford, IN!