Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Little Red 2008

Little Red 2008

To disable ads, please log-in.

It is only 5 months away! Who is coming this year?

I am hoping to do the century. I have never done one.

Here is some info. I pulled from bbtc.net

Little Red Riding Hood

Saturday Jun 7 08:00 AM

101 miles / O OPEN Pace / 4-5 Flat - Mild Hills / a Logan Cache Valley area

Fully supported century ride for women only. Registration and entry fee required. Distances: 102, 67, and 35 miles.

Meet at: Bowery Park, 50 South Center St., in Wellsville (Utah). Drive North on I-15 to exit 362 (US 91). Drive East on US 91 and US 89 towards Logan. Before reaching Logan, turn left onto SR 23 (Center St.). Drive North on Center St. into Wellsville. Bowery Park is on the right.

Timothy Shea

shea_16000@msn.com 801-598-0294
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. -Gordon B. Hinckley

I'm in -- can't wait! I'm going for the century too, it'll only be my 2nd ever (and 1st full Li'l Red century -- my longest Li'l Red was 77 miles last year).

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    I'll most likely be there. The coworker (and friend) who bought Pipit really wants to do the ride, but is not sure which distance she'd like to try. We're going to start training post-snow-and-salt time and see how it goes. She's pretty fit and strong, so I wouldn't be surprised if she wants to do the 100.

I'm In!

I am looking forward to LRRH 2008. I plan to do the full distance again. LRRH 2007 was my first century and I am looking to do it faster in '08. I would love to get together and train with fellow TE'ers once the weather improves. In the meantime, I've been on the trainer and have developed quite the love/hate relationship with Coach Troy. DH and I were out snowshoeing today and we had great fun tormenting one another with Troy-isms. ("Push it push it push it" and "Anyone can suffer for 5 minutes!" are my two favorites.)

Alex

I plan to ride it again this year and hoping for the 100. I sure wish this snow would melt....

Quote Originally Posted by Lifesgreat View Post
    It is only 5 months away! Who is coming this year?

I am hoping to do the century. I have never done one.

Here is some info. I pulled from bbtc.net

Little Red Riding Hood

Saturday Jun 7 08:00 AM

101 miles / O OPEN Pace / 4-5 Flat - Mild Hills / a Logan Cache Valley area

Fully supported century ride for women only. Registration and entry fee required. Distances: 102, 67, and 35 miles.

Meet at: Bowery Park, 50 South Center St., in Wellsville (Utah). Drive North on I-15 to exit 362 (US 91). Drive East on US 91 and US 89 towards Logan. Before reaching Logan, turn left onto SR 23 (Center St.). Drive North on Center St. into Wellsville. Bowery Park is on the right.

Timothy Shea

shea_16000@msn.com 801-598-0294
    is the date confirmed (June 7, 2008?), as I still see the '07 information on the club site...not sure if it's always the 1st Sat in June or the Sat following Memorial Day, which would be 5/31/08; do you know if the cycling club will update the LRRH ride info for 2008 soon?
    Thanks,
    Mary

Mary,

I pulled the info. from the actual club calendar. It has been on the first Saturday in June for the three years I have done the ride.

I recommend you email the guy whose email address is in my post. I cannot tell you if the date is confirmed.

Hope to see you there!
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. -Gordon B. Hinckley

Oh, I sooo want to do Little Red!
    Why did they have to move my favorite race up a weekend and conflict it with my favorite century?
    Decisions, decisions...
    If you can read this, take a pull.

I am in!!! I missed last year but rode the year before. I am getting the bike on the trainer tonight and going to start spinning. I can't wait!
    Anita "Shiraz"

Quote Originally Posted by Lifesgreat View Post
    Mary,

I pulled the info. from the actual club calendar. It has been on the first Saturday in June for the three years I have done the ride.

I recommend you email the guy whose email address is in my post. I cannot tell you if the date is confirmed.

Hope to see you there!
    Thanks and I had already sent an email to Tim, asking for confirmation. He replied and confirmed today...so I'm looking forward to incorporating it into my schedule. Will actually use it for a training ride, in advance of the Empire State AIDS ride across NY this summer...

Newbie!

I saw this ride posted in WomensHealth Magazine this month. I am new to road biking and look forward to doing the 35 mike stretch or maybe more!

2008 Route Map?

If you go to this link and click on Map under LRRH, you will get what appears to be the course map for this year's ride.

http://www.bbtc.net/Calendar/month/i...=06&a=1&y=2008

It's different than the 2007 route and will take us into Preston, Idaho.

Alex

Welcome to TE, Page Up!
    This is a great place to meet other ladies to ride with. I'm excited for you starting your new adventure of road biking! Before too long, all this snow will melt off and we'll be able to ride again!
    (We got about 8 inches of snow at my house in Orem this morning! )
    How much snow did ya'all get in SLC?
    If you can read this, take a pull.

New information is up!

I will paste the link so you can see where it is:

http://www.bbtc.net/

See you there!

Thanks, Lifesgreat; I'm looking forward to riding the century loop - just waiting for the registration to open up.
    Mary