Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi, ClickIn.
    Welcome to TE and welcome to the Mid-Atlantic area forum!

I cross-country ski - mainly "classic" style in track stuff...no skating or back-country, really. I don't do much of it since I've moved to MD....only when they don't plow my streets after a (very rare) big snow. But now we have a Montogomery County Police officer in the neighborhood, and we seem to get the plows a lot more quickly than we used to! I'm not too available mid-week, tho. Perhaps we can get you to join us on a local ride some day.

P.S. RE: the kayak in my above post....my DH may be joining us after all.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Yes I'd love to join up with other TE folks in the area for a ride!

Hi there Clickin

I'm not "exactly" local - I'm in NJ but am determined to get out and ride with others more this year.

It's my NYE resolution - try riding with others!

Looking forward to meeting you in April.

So now i do have a job but with the hotels, food, and pet lodging it would still be too spendy for me. I was hoping they had a campground
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    It's the same weekend as the TarWheel Century in Elizabeth City, NC. Otherwise, I'd like to do the TWGC ride.

late to the party

I missed this thread when it originally started, but I'm signed up for the ride too! I will be going to IFJane's wedding, then my SO and I will be traveling to MD. From the looks of things, we may have a little difficulty finding a place to stay!
    Velobambina, did you get in?
    "The bicycle was the first machine to redefine successfully the notion of what is feminine. The bicycle came to symbolize something very precious to women - their independence."—Sally Fox

Wild Goose Chase Waitlist Worked!

I had been waitlisted for this ride and learned yesterday that I can now attend! They opened the ride up to more riders, who, like me, will get a smaller goody bag, but: I GET TO GO!

As an Eastern Shore dweller, this ride was made for me. I haven't ridden this region yet & I look forward to it. And, best of all: it's flat.

Hope to see some of you on the ride.

Thats great, glad you made it in! I too hope to meet other Mid-Atlantic TE forum members. Maybe as the date gets closer we can get organized and all meet up!

I'm getting in here all late. On the website it looks like the ride is full. Does anyone know if they are still taking anymore? I'd consider.
    "She who succeeds in gaining the master of the bicycle will gain the mastery of life." -Frances E. Willard
    My Cycling Blog | Requisite Bike Pics | Join the Team Estrogen group at Velog.com

overbooked

The ride is overbooked by about 100 according to Georgena Terry. Plan for next year...
    "The bicycle was the first machine to redefine successfully the notion of what is feminine. The bicycle came to symbolize something very precious to women - their independence."—Sally Fox

Whoo hoo!! got my wild goose chase jersey today.

maybe this will inspire me to get back on the bike. I think I've put on 5lbs in the last 6 weeks~!

I got my jersey today as well... and it is waaayyy too small!! I ordered a medium, and it fits like an x-small!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeannierides View Post
    I got my jersey today as well... and it is waaayyy too small!! I ordered a medium, and it fits like an x-small!!
    Somehow I anticipated this. Most of my jerseys are medium and I ordered this one in a large. Even DH said "Wow that looks small!" when I held it up. I tried it on and it's good.

I love that it is full zip. I also love that it is bright yellow

I won't wear it til the ride - but am looking forward to having it in my collection afterwards.

Will you exchange yours for a larger one?

Quote Originally Posted by LadyinWhite View Post
    Somehow I anticipated this. Most of my jerseys are medium and I ordered this one in a large. Even DH said "Wow that looks small!" when I held it up. I tried it on and it's good.

I love that it is full zip. I also love that it is bright yellow

I won't wear it til the ride - but am looking forward to having it in my collection afterwards.

Will you exchange yours for a larger one?

I have emailed Terry, and hopefully I'll be able to exchange it. I thought I had anticipated the size difference too, but evidently not... At least we got them early enough, that exchanging may be possible!

Good thing I am not going this year! If Jeannierides can't wear a medium, then I would have to order a XXXL! I may be a bit shorter than she is, but I make up for it in.....uh.....width.

Then again, I never order anything smaller than a large from Terry - their jerseys seem to run small on me.
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett