Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Blackwater's not a park, it's a wildlife refuge. There's a big difference in how the two are set up, amenities-wise.

Public use at Blackwater
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalidurga View Post
    Blackwater's not a park, it's a wildlife refuge. There's a big difference in how the two are set up, amenities-wise.
    Good point, Tam. Thanks for the reminder.

I think I've solved my dilemma of how to secure the kayak to my car overnight. I did find a very thin channel on the edge of the seat that I can string a cable through, or I can buy a "lasso lock" from REI. Whew, I feel better now.

Y'know, Janice, I was thinking about your kayak just the other day, wondering if there would be space to store it in your hotel room. But then you'd have to check out before heading over to the Terry ride, so you'd have to put it back on the car for that and I don't know where all of our cars are going to be during the ride.

I'm glad you figured out a solution, I was working myself into a tizzy, too! That lasso lock is similar to what I have for my 'yak.
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Another project to add to our Home Depot list....long cable to lock the boats.
    Thanks for the reminder!
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Ok, I'm ready for the Goose Chase now. I just rode 38 miles on my newly-fitted road bike, so at least I know I can finish the 40 mile ride. First road bike ride in about 4-5 months, yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by divingbiker View Post
    Ok, I'm ready for the Goose Chase now. I just rode 38 miles on my newly-fitted road bike, so at least I know I can finish the 40 mile ride. First road bike ride in about 4-5 months, yikes!
    Are you still riding the Sequoia?
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Quote Originally Posted by MDHillSlug View Post
    Are you still riding the Sequoia?
    Yes, I haven't added another road bike yet! Hard to believe, I know, since I'm such a collector.

I just had a fitting at Proteus. I had a fitting last year at the place Tam used, but it just wasn't right--bars were too narrow, felt off--so I got new bars (like zen's) and had Jill do another fitting. Much better now!

just checking in

Hi Ladies -

Thought I'd say hi as the ride gets closer. Been a while since I've been on the boards. Spent this month freaking out because I wasn't getting any riding in, decided not to sweat it.

Supposed to be fun right? Trying to get out during the next two weeks to prepare. Originally registered for the metric but may end up with only 40. Ah well.

First of many rides of the season.

Looking forward to seeing you there! Would love to meet and put some faces to the names.

Theresa

Next weekend!

Hello Everyone!

My friend Amy and I will be staying in Ocean City on Saturday night. Send me a PM if anyone else will be in OC and we can meet for dinner.

Any thoughts about a meet-up on ride day?

Quote Originally Posted by ClickIn View Post
    Any thoughts about a meet-up on ride day?
    I'm not sure how we could work out the logistics of meeting before the ride, but I was thinking that I might make a sign that says TE or something on it and we could look for it and meet after the ride. I think there's a fashion show or something afterwards, isn't there? (At least that's when I'm planning on winning my new bike.)

I got a box the other day that is tall and skinny and white, and I could tape it to a tomato stake and it might hold together long enough for us to find each other.

If anyone has a better idea, I'm happy to not bring my tacky sign.

Birding in Blackwater, From a Bike's-Eye View

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...041800943.html

Here is a link to the Washington Post story on kayaking and bird watching at Blackwater. How timely for us? I've included the 1st paragraph but if you click to the full article there are lots of links that may be useful for us.

Birding in Blackwater, From a Bike's-Eye View
    By Christina Talcott

Washington Post Staff Writer
    Sunday, April 20, 2008; Page P08

"I've never been a fan of bird-watching. The idea of standing in a field and squinting into binoculars, trying to see a tiny, faraway bird . . . not enough action for me. But what I learned a few weeks back, over the course of one meteorologically inconsistent weekend, is that bird-watching is a whole different game when you do it on a bike. ..."

(go to the article for the rest).

OK, ladies, here's your sign...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	te sign.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	5804

If it seems like we might be able to find each other with a sign, I'll put it up. It's not terribly tall, but if you're looking for it you might find it.
    Last edited by divingbiker; 04-24-2008 at 08:53 AM. Reason: lost the word "it" somehow...

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Now....are you going to have that on the back of your bike???

Don't forget to bring your release! You should have gotten it in a mailling dated around Valentine's Day...
    (Said out in the open, but directed more as a reminder to my forgetful self!)
    Last edited by 7rider; 04-23-2008 at 04:12 PM.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

All of my paperwork's sitting out on the kitchen counter, along with my to-do list for the next two evenings to prep for the weekend. See you ladies there...

TE sign

Divingbiker, Love the sign! I'll be on the lookout for it before and after the ride!