Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

bleahhhhh. Got my jersey and it's way too small. I laid it out on top of other jerseys and it's at least 4" smaller. Sheesh.

If it's not refundable, I'll offer it for sale here.

Yeah, mine's too small, too. In the catalog I got yesterday, they said to size up. I don't recall that warning when I bought mine, so I hope they'll take returns. I wonder if they used a new vendor, or if this is the way all Terry jerseys are sized.

Quote Originally Posted by IFjane View Post
    Good thing I am not going this year! If Jeannierides can't wear a medium, then I would have to order a XXXL! I may be a bit shorter than she is, but I make up for it in.....uh.....width.

Then again, I never order anything smaller than a large from Terry - their jerseys seem to run small on me.
    Well, I *thought* I had sized up! I guess with the pounds creeping up these last few weeks and months (let's blame it on Lyrica) I didn't account for the sizing! This is way beyond just needing a size up... this is like two sizes too small! I've never ordered any clothing from Terry, so I wasn't sure what to expect.
    Anyway, I'm planning to call Terry on Monday (maybe Tuesday since Monday is a holiday) to see what's up with the sizing, and try to exchange.
    "The bicycle was the first machine to redefine successfully the notion of what is feminine. The bicycle came to symbolize something very precious to women - their independence."—Sally Fox

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    DH told me my jersey came in....but I can't try it on until Monday evening. I'm in CT now and the jersey's in MD!
    What brand is the jersey? Is it a Terry? I ordered a L, the L in Terry's jersey's usually fits me.
    Fingers are crossed......
    p.s. If it's tight...well, I can always call it "race fit". Yeah....that's it. Race fit!
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

I'm sure I saw those jerseys for sale on the Terry site.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Quote Originally Posted by zencentury View Post
    I'm sure I saw those jerseys for sale on the Terry site.
    You're right, Zen, I saw them as well. According to their size charts, I should be able to wear a medium, but since the medium is more than just a "race fit" for me, I'll get them to send me a large, and hope that fits!
    "The bicycle was the first machine to redefine successfully the notion of what is feminine. The bicycle came to symbolize something very precious to women - their independence."—Sally Fox

I just tried it on (I'm home...cruise control at 70 + light traffic = record time for me: CT to MD in 5', 15" !)...definitely "race fit." It says on their website that "size is accurate" and if you want a looser fit, order up. For me - a stout size 12 - the L fits closely...about like a Descente jersey in L fits. I'll save it for my "skinny days" and hope I'm feeling a skinny day the day of the ride!

I talked with someone in customer service at Terry yesterday morning, and she said they were already back ordered for the jerseys. If you need to make an exchange, I suggest you make a call right away to Terry to see if you can get on the list for back orders. She told me that lots of people were telling them the jerseys were cut very small.
    On a much happier note, I got my *welcome to the ride* letter yesterday!

OK, so I just read through this whole thread, and I think the following TE'ers will be there:

7Rider/Regina (+ SO for kayaking?)
    Kalidurga
    withm
    velobambina
    amithereyet
    jeannierides + SO
    clickIn + friend
    LadyinWhite + 2 friends

Some of us will be kayaking on Saturday, but it would be nice if we could figure out how to meet up with everyone (after the ride on Sunday maybe?) so we can put names and faces together.

Just a month to go!

I'm sure it'll be chaos, but I was wondering if there was any chance of meeting before the ride. Do we know yet what time it begins? Would breakfast be a possibility?

Those of us 'yakking on Saturday also need to figure out a time/place to meet. I would assume the Blackwater visitor's center, but how early?
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

A month to go....
    I still plan to do the metric.
    PLAN is the operative word here. Haven't ridden much in the past month. I figure, if I can do the Civil War Century after not riding at all for 2 weeks, this should be a piece of cake..... (right?? right??)
    So, who's doing what ride? I figure we gotta definitely hook up at the end so we can cheer on DivingBiker when she wins her new bike.

At the rate things are going, I may be doing the 25. I've only been on the bike once since our Thanksgiving Rosaryville ride, and I can't ride this weekend because I have bronchitis. My poor bike doesn't even recognize me anymore when I walk by and pat it on the saddle
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

Wild Goose

My friend Annette and I will be arriving Friday evening with bikes and kayaks at the Days Inn. If anyone is interested we could possibly meet up somewhere for a late dinner. Most likely we'll be in 2 cars since I come from lower slower DE, and Annette will be coming in from Wilmington.

For Saturday, I'd suggest the kayakers all meet for breakfast, and then proceed on to kayaking. There are kayak trails at Blackwater so I think it makes sense to do that, unless someone has a better idea. We can't actually launch at the park though; we have to launch at the 335 Bridge, or Shorter's Wharf. I'll try to get more info on that. The Green Trail is 8 miles RT. The purple trail is 9 miles one way, needs a shuttle, and has large open water passages and is prone to wind - might be early in the season to to that without local knowledge. Don't forget the water will still be pretty chilly in April. Dress for the water, not for the gorgeous sunny day that we will be enjoying.

There are several good restaurants, and a winery in St. Michaels that we might want to consider if we are done kayaking early enough. Also the maritime museum there is nice.

Sunday I think we need to be at the High School for the ride start around 8. The 10 mile riders check in at the HS, but then drive over to the Visitor's Center to start their ride over there. The rest of us start from the HS.

I'll probably wear my Amici Veloci colors.

Martha

I added my friend Annette

7Rider/Regina (+ SO for kayaking?)
    Kalidurga
    withm + friend (kayak and bike)
    velobambina
    amithereyet
    jeannierides + SO
    clickIn + friend
    LadyinWhite + 2 friends