Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

{{{Yellow}}}{{{Caddis}}} I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Katrina, Toby, Kallie will greet your Sweet Pea to Rainbow Bridge with loving licks and purrs...

Yellow - so sorry for your loss - It is so hard to lose a kitty and especially at the holiday times. We lost our Little Kitty 3 years ago on the eve of December 23rd. It was a very sad thing. I'm sure Little Kitty is at the Rainbow Bridge ready to pounce on your sweet Kitty. Hopefully, they will get along!

spoke

I'm so sorry yellow. I call my best kitties "Sweet P" too. Your Sweat Pea enjoyed a long and happy life. Take care.

Crikey, Sue. This is a difficult time of year for you anyway, particularly this year. I'm holding my Sweet Pea and dripping some tears on him for you. I so want to offer solace but know there isn't much at such times, but a shoulder to lean on.

I am very grateful for you both that you were there to hold her. Those last moments of snuggling are so precious.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

You have my total sympathy, Yellow. I'm glad Sweet Pea lived a well-loved life.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

The title of this post immediately brought to mind the hardest thing I've ever had to do, and that was let go of my beloved Tango a year an a half ago (she was my canine companion of 11 years). I'm sorry that you had to go through it this season, Yellow. I really feel for you.

And as hard as it is, you did the right thing. Your dear Caddis left this life surrounded by love and is now at peace. If only we all could be guaranteed such an end.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

((((((((Yellow)))))))))

((((((((((Yellow)))))))))) I hope the warm and happy memories you have of Sweet Pea will comfort you.

I read this thread an hour ago. I was crying so hard I could not begin to post. It even made my SO (soon to be DH) cry. Yellow, we are so sorry for your loss and the terrible-but-right decision you had to make. I have not had to do something like that for many years, but I know the time will come. We have four loving, wonderful, rescued cats; all indoors and all loved to the end of the earth. Someday we, too, will have to make the most difficult decisions ever.

Please know Michael and I, along with our four feline fur babies, send you and Sweet Pea our greatest love and sympathy. Caddis is no longer in pain. She is happily playing at the Bridge with many, many friends - waiting for the day when you can join her once again. May that be a very long time...{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

((((yellow))))

I am so sorry. My healing heart hurts for you. We had to put down a beloved guinea pig a month ago. The vet said nothing more could be done to help her after trying to help her for a year. Although it was my daughter's pet, I was the one who spent dozens of hours syringe feeding her, etc. I cried and cried for that poor piggie. I didn't realize I could get so attached to a pet. Fortunately, DH took her to the vet for the last time. I couldn't handle it.

Sorry to do a mini-hijack, but your post brought back memories of last month. Here are some more hugs: ((((yellow))))
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. -Gordon B. Hinckley

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    Thanks to everyone for your thoughts. Yesterday was really hard but today was better as I kept myself pretty busy. I think about her a lot at night when I'm laying in bed since she's not on my pillow.

LG, have I ever told you about the guinea pig farming venture DH and I ran while we were in college? I think we had about 30 at the peak. We love guinea pigs. They are fun pets, and get along well with cats, we found. Man, that was a long time ago...

Oh Sue, I'm so sorry. That is a tough decision and just a crummy thing to have to do. That it's the right thing doesn't make it any easier at all.

Take care of yourself. Big hug.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

((((((Yellow))))))

Take care.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

I thought of you and got a lump in my throat as Cassie crawled up by my pillow early this morning. I've never had a cat that slept on my pillow. Put that little body right next to your ear and man that purr is loud!

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com