Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Trek Travel to Italy

To disable ads, please log-in.

Anyone traveled with Trek Travel before? We are booked on a trip with them in September 2008 to Italy. Any comments? We chose them because they offered really good bikes to use and we didn't want to have to send our nice bikes overseas and deal with all of that. Of course, I will miss my baby(bike) when I am over there but...

That looks like a wonderful trip, Mr.!! Does Trek travel allow you to just rent the bikes and do a self-supported trip? We did 10 days in Provence this summer and would like to do Italy next year.
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

Nice. Thanks for sharing. I am so excited! We are doing the Tuscany-Explorer trip in early September. Been waiting a few years to do this. My husband and I are avid cyclists which makes it so fun to do together!!!

Kelowna, If Trek doesn't you might want to look at ExperiencePlus!'s bike rental for solo travel. I believe their rental is based in the Tuscany region. They rent (or at least they did) Cannondales. The other option I know of is Cycle Italia. They're based outside of Milan and will rent you a Torelli with Campy components which (begin hrrmmph) is so much closer to travelling native than riding American bikes on Italian roads (end hrrrmpph )

We've done 2 Trek Travel trips. One was just a weekend in VT., the other the Czech Republic and Austria. Both were great, especially the guides and the food. It's just luck regarding the other participants on your trip, though.
    We rode mostly alone on both these trips, but it was nice to have everything else planned.

Yeah, I hear what you are saying about the other folks on the trip. I am a little worried about that since we are used to traveling alone so it could get interesting. It is great to hear thought that Trek travel does a good job. There were so many companies to choose from but they loan you a really nice bike so we went with them! Thanks for your comments.

We sort of knew the other people, as the bike shop that hosted the trip had a couple "get to know you" pre-trip get-togethers. We were also unsure about traveling with a large group, but by the end we really looked forward to hear about were everyone else had explored, having dinner with everyone, and just having a great time with a super group of people. The guides were also wonderful. Our last couple days in Italy on our own, we sort of missed the group and often wondered what everyone else was doing, etc... We flew back with one of the couples and had fun talking about the trip and our grand adventure.