Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: No riding Here!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yup, rain,wind and COLD here. I thought winter was over. I can deal with sprinkles, but not with wind and cold, that just makes for miserable riding.
    Anyway, Happy Mothers day to all you moms out there.

It wasn't too bad up in Groton today - a few sprinkles, but nothing too wet. Very windy though.

I rode 14+ miles on the Nashua River Rail Trail which is soooooo flat. For the maiden voyage of the Allez, it was pretty sweet. Now I just need to master some hills.

Ditched the cycling for a hike today. We were waffling for about an hour, but my heart wasn't in it. I find when I feel that way, sometimes it's better not to go and to do some other activity. It was sprinking and when we finished it started raining harder. The wind is what stopped me, though.
    Happy Mother's Day to all...this is my second childless Mother's Day. One is in the Marines and one is studying for finals/last semester at UMass.

I really hate to say this, but Long Island did not get the rain they were saying we were going to get right through Friday night. Needless to say because I didn't expect anything but rain on Saturday I planned the day which did not incorporate riding, but Sunday, although very windy the sun broke out in the early afternoon and I went for a good 25 mile ride by myself because my we own a retail store and the only day we get to ride together is when I take a vacation day from work on Thursdays his day off.

Needless to say, I am taking this Thursday off as we are heading to Westcheser to ride our favorite trail. They keep extending it so I don't know how far it will go since the last time we rode it. hmmmm wonder what our chances are of actually getting a full week of sun. That will truely be amazing.

I am sorry the rest of the NE didn't get to ride over the weekend.

~JoAnn

Tuesday May 24 - i'm drowning!!!

Due to the near biblical amount of rain that has fallen and continues to fall (forcasted to go on thru Sat), I've started a new project.

I'm building an Ark in my back room... all New England TE'ers welcome to join in. Bring your pets.

Sailing soon...

spazz - shaking the water out of her fur.
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

Quote Originally Posted by spazzdog
    I'm building an Ark in my back room... all New England TE'ers welcome to join in. Bring your pets.

Sailing soon...

spazz - shaking the water out of her fur.
    Hey - I'm with you! I can't believe I was actually trying to figure out how far I'd have to drive (with my bike in my car, of course) to find dry weather for the weekend. Not going there, but the thought did cross my mind!

--- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

Spazz...

I'll bring my bichon frise Eliza...can I also bring Molly and Conor, the kiddies? They are young and very strong...we may need them for rowing!!

karen

okay I'll stay in the Berkshires..

well, there goes my weekend biking on the Cape and/or the sports car racing in Connecticut. Spazz-I've got some left over wood from the winter heating season that I'll send your way. How about building a nice track on the top deck for possible bike riding?
    Barb in the Berkshires

I love the ark Idea, and I'm bringing my son Noah and his brothers and dad.

This rain is really annoying, but it LOOKS like the weekend will be OK. At leastnot raining, but cloudy. I am going to spin tonight for the first time in 5 weeks. Yesterday I hiked up a hill in the conservation land.

Guess there will be no real riding this week.
    Last edited by Crankin; 05-24-2005 at 11:35 AM. Reason: spelling

Bring the children and the men... we'll need slaves . They can clean cook and keep our bikes all shiney and nice.

And asphaltgril wantsa track.... hmmm, an ARK Velodrome.

Working on the plans now. That'll need hydraulic stabilizers for rough seas, a guard rail so nobody goes swimming involuntarily... OK. I think I got it.

spazz-o-engineer
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

Spazz...

you just kill me!!

karen

ps-can we take Bruce Springsteen for entertainment??

no Bruce... however you can all bring your favorite music (CD's, MP3's) because we must have music. The Ark Velodrome will be wired for sound

spazz-o-air-guitar
    no regrets!

Spazzdog Ink Gallery

Hubby works at Bose, what kind of speakers do you want for the ark. How about surround sound throughout?

Bose would be devine!

We'll need aesthetically pleasing ones in the "below deck living area" and weather proof up on the Velo-deck.

spazz

Meanwhile, the rain keeps falling. My building supplies are soaked.
    no regrets!

Spazzdog Ink Gallery