Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

12/24 - Christmas Eve - ride

To disable ads, please log-in.

Did anyone get out to ride today?
    DH and I did our "French Countryside" route...a 26 mile rolling route that seemed so easy and fun and fast in the summer...
    I have 107 miles to go in 2007 to reach my (new) mileage goal. I'm off from work all week, so fingers crossed that the weather holds....
    26 miles of rolling hills STILL beats Coach Troy and an hour of Spinervals on the rollers.
    Now, back to baking cookies for Christmas....
    Have a wonderful holiday.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

DH and I are in Las Vegas NV for a few days just to get some warm weather for a change. We are both suffering/recovering from flu/colds, but the weather was SO pleasant today. We went to Red Rock Canyon and I rode the scenic drive. I brought my mtn (commuter) bike, but I could really tell that I haven't done a 'good' ride in over a month. It was a work out for me, but I so glad that I did it. Now, if I can just quite my coughing....

We did a nice, short ride around here. DH was way under-dressed, and the hills were - well - harder than I remember....

Still a lovely ride We plan to ride again tomorrow - it's always nice to see the deserted stores. It's peaceful somehow.

Happy Holidays to all!
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Does a nice 45 minute spin on the trainer while watching a couple of Arrested Development episodes count? I didn't set my trainer's resistance high enough, so I could really spin the big gears and inflate my numbers! I was bookin' -- ~20mph and barely getting up to 70% of max heart rate!! What a great way to build up base miles.

I got in a very pretty 11 miles on one of my favorite roads, giving me a grand total of 702 miles for the year on my road bike. (My first year back on a bike in about ten years.) My goal was 700, so I'm a happy gal..........

Perfect day here in Central VA----60 degrees, no wind, sunny, Blue Ridge mountains as the backdrop. If the weather remains cooperative, I might try to add another 25 mi before New Year's Day.

P.S. on 12/25.......Santa brought me a helmet headlight, cleats (my first!) and a bunch of chemical warmers---yahoooooo!

Happy Holidays, everyone!
    Last edited by KathiCville; 12-25-2007 at 08:15 AM.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." (Will Rogers)

DH and I got in 27 miles before going to two different set of family gatherings. I am glad we do Christmas exchange early since I got to try my new long sleeve jersey, smart wool socks and knickers. I was layered even more than that and for once I was warm! It was sunny, low wind and upper 40's. What a beautiful day and I finally got to enjoy cooler temps instead of being miserable.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

I went out on the bike wiht the Christmas tree and cranked out 13 miles in the a.m. for a wake-up ride, then another 8 or 10 running errands, and then 30 more doing distance-into-the-wind on the prairie, and then extended the church commute to make it add up to a metric. Fortunately the exertions didn't mess up my singing Hopefully tomorrow I can get my Trek for a stretch from the LBS... and it'll get above freezing today and most of the rest of the week. (Riding is serving as the social equivalent of a football game - I get to retreat from rambunctious children to go pursue my passion... they just don't have to put up with noise with it )

I went for a mountain bike ride in our foothills, there was still a good amount of snow and ice, so I rode very slow. I was out for a couple of hours and really enjoyed, it gave me a chance to see all the beautiful deer and runners!