Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: oh I am so sad!

oh I am so sad!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I just got a call from a dear friend that told us another dear friend just passed away today from complications due to hiv. He just came out when he started to get sick. We told him we already knew and loved him anyway. But he's partner of 6 years had it and didn't tell him. He started getting very sick this year and realized things were not right. I just saw him not two weeks ago. I guess i should see it as a blessing that we at least got to see him since it had been a year since the last time we saw him. He was young and talented. I am so going to miss him and he's wonderful energy he had. I just feel empty right now. I haven't lost many young friends in my life and it makes me mad that someone was selfish enough to take he's life. I mean that is what happend when he's partner didn't tell him. They broke up a year and half ago I believe.
    Sigh....i just don't know what to do with myself. My dh and just sat here stunned and crying! Sorry I had to tell someone. Thanks!
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and his family

Thank you so much! just reading that made me cry again.

Brandi, I am so sorry. It makes me angry, I don't understand how someone could do that to another person. My thoughts are with you and your DH during this time.

Oh, Brandi! How sad and pointless! Sending you lots of hugs and butterflies that will guide you through your grief and towards healing and forgiveness. I'll send a few butterflies over to the ex, too, so that he can learn what his actions did and be sure to not do it again. *sigh*

Big hugs,
    ~T~
    The butterflies are within you.

My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/picsiechick/

Buy my photos: http://www.picsiechick.com

That truly is heartbreaking, Brandi. My thoughts are with you, and all of his friends and family.

{{{{{Brandi}}}}} Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. I am glad you were presented with the opportunity to see him. That probably meant a lot to him as it did to you...

(((((((Brandi+Dh)))))))
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

~sg
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

2007 Rodriguez Adventure/B72
    2009 Masi Soulville Mixte/B18
    1997 Trek 820 Step-thru Xtracycle/B17

((((((((((Brandi))))))))))))

If this was 20 years ago, an HIV diagnosis would have been a death sentence, but much of it is treatable now. Such a shame that the partner kept the secret for so long. I still remember working in a hospital when HIV was new and scary. That and sadly seeing patients rapidly decline over a period of time.
    Beth

Thank you all (((((0)))))).It really mean's alot to me to be able to share this with all of you and have you be so understanding. The tears just seem to come when I don't expect them too. And i have a cold right now so I am weak as it is.
    He was a great dancer so I keep seeing him in my head just breaking out and dancing whenever we went any place with him. I think of the way he used to giggle and kinda cover up he's mouth when he did. Or all the funny stories he would tell us about he's little Korean mom. He was a neat person!

Brandi, I am so sorry for your loss. I've lost nine friends and many acquaintances to that sh!tty disease over the years.

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by Queen View Post
    Brandi, I am so sorry for your loss. I've lost nine friends and many acquaintances to that sh!tty disease over the years.
    Oh I am more sorry for you then me at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
    Oh I am more sorry for you then me at this moment.
    Don't be, my losses are long ago and I've had time to heal. Remember all the best things about your friend and when you get together with people who knew him, share all the good memories...it helps a lot.

Electra Townie 7D

((((((Brandi))))))

we lost a friend 3 years ago to AIDS. We'd known him for 10 years and he sort of acted like he was our son. It was very hard to accept the fact that he died so young. It's an old feeling, a feeling old feeling that is terrible.
    On the other hand, he accomplished much after starting from so little. Even though he's dead now, he's still an inspiration to me. I hope that you have some solace about your friend, and I'm sorry that you lost him. I hope that you can forgive his friend for what he did. He probably loved him in his own way but was too weak to do the right thing.
    {{{{Brandi}}}}
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.