Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Baby back in the hospital!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Lorelei (yes that is the right spelling) is back in the hospital. She is running 103.5 temp and the dr's don't want to risk anything so they are back. My sister is handling it so far ok. She says sometimes she feels very strong about it and other's she just wants to cry. I said i believed that was normal. But it sounds like we are all getting a better grip about the whole thing. But I do feel bad that they had to go back.
    My brother has suggested that maybe our older niece come and stay with them until school is out. Unfortunatly she is not getting the attention she needs. No fault of anyone. Just that the baby is the center of all the attention right now. My sister is thinking about it but is worried that thier life should try and hold on to some normal. Anyway waiting to hear from them from the hospital.
    At least she was able to get stuff from home this time. But she had to do it alone cause my brother in law was not off work yet.
    I will stop babaling now.Just pouring it out.
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Brandi, sister and Lorelei}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Sending butterflies to cool her temperature, and to bring peace and calm and good feelings.

How old is the older niece? Does she understand what's going on? If anyone can spend some one on one time with her, I think that would be good. She is probably going through a lot of emotions just like you and your sister are, but she's probably too young to understand or express them.

My thoughts and butterflies are with all of you,
    Hugs,
    ~T~
    The butterflies are within you.

My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/picsiechick/

Buy my photos: http://www.picsiechick.com

Quote Originally Posted by LBTC View Post
    {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Brandi, sister and Lorelei}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Sending butterflies to cool her temperature, and to bring peace and calm and good feelings.

How old is the older niece? Does she understand what's going on? If anyone can spend some one on one time with her, I think that would be good. She is probably going through a lot of emotions just like you and your sister are, but she's probably too young to understand or express them.

My thoughts and butterflies are with all of you,
    Hugs,
    ~T~
    Noel is 10. She kinda understands but it is still hard for her. We are trying to work something out. Either coming and visiting me for a week or going to my brother's. His house is all kid. He has three of he's own. And he is a great dad. And my sister in law is a good mom I think they would be good for Noel right now. Besides she is starting to have some troubles in school. So it might be good for her to get some attention.
    Mom and Baby are resting right now. Baby is on IV antibiotics and fluids. I sent your butterflies to them!

Oh MAN Brandi!
    Something is not right- as if ya'll didn't know that...
    Scary scary thing not being able to figure it out. UGH!
    And inserting my .02 here. I think your neice going to stay w/your bro sounds like a fab idea. Esp. if they are a grounded family who can show her some stability. She prolly needs that right now.
    Ok, back to prayers for the little pumpkin!

Sorry to hear that, Brandi.

If your niece ends up with some chronic condition, there's not going to be any normal again. I understand your sister's desire for that for her other daughter, but the reality is that Noele's sister is sick with some unknown thing. If your sister can't be there for Noele, it would be best if someone else who cares about her can be. What a wonderful thing for your brother to offer.

Karen

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    I'm so sorry your niece is back in the hospital. Maybe the doctor's can determine what's causing her problems.

My thoughts are with your family and Lorelei...

I am not a mom to humans but when my hubby was in the hospital I felt so neglectful to my fur-babies! I would think that if your bros has other kids of his own that would be a good distraction for Noel and a relief to your sister...both could have daily phone chats...but also your sister will hopefully have a little sense of comfort knowing her older daughter is well cared for and busy!
    I am a nobody; nobody is perfect, and therefore I am perfect.

((((((((((Brandi, Lorelei, and Noel)))))))))))

Warm fuzzies to the girls - Lorelei to get well, and a stable family for Noel. Hope her doctors can figure out what's making Lorelei sick. Going to her uncle's sounds like a good plan for Noel, especially if she's having trouble at school. Poor lass may understand on one level, but on another, she's thinking "what about me?"
    Beth

Thanks all for you well wishes. And in case you all didn't know (I did post not but a few days ago) they have figured out more or less what is wrong with her. Can't explain it but it is very rare (one in a million) she will have to have chemo for about 6 months. It is not cancer but sure acts like it. It has something to do with her white blood cells attacking her tissue. Which explains the swelling in her face and the lumpyness on her forhead.
    She is supposed to have two final test on thursday to determine that this is what she has. But becuase of the temp they can't do these final tests. So I think that is why they admitted her to get the temp down in order to get moving n all this. Sigh....... I am glad that we have more of an answer now though.
    If anyone would like to send a cardor anything to her I would be happy to give thier address. Lorelie loves powerpuff girls and curious george. Just pm and I will give the address.

I am so sorry to hear that she is back in the hospital. My thoughts are with with her. Sending positive energy her way.

Oh, Brandi, that's tough. You've all barely had time to start to understand what this rare condition is, and already back in the hospital for the little one. I hope that they're able to get that fever under control soon, and finish up the final tests, so that they're able to come up with the best possible treatment plan for Lorelei.

It does sound like the good news is that your sister has a great extended family, including you, that are offering just the kind of emotional and material support that she'll need as they go through this difficult illness.

Keep us posted, ok? So you can support your sister, and we can support you.

(Hugs)

I'm glad for several things:
    • The problem's not a mystery and they know what they're treating
    • Your sister is starting to accept the situation and is finding some inner strength
    • The entire family seems incredibly supportive and very much in it together

You're doing great Brandi!
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers

aha, autoimmune disorder. How awful to be happening to such a little kid.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

I woke up this morning with a cold sore on my lip. I always get them from stress! I got this from my grandmother when I was little I am sure of it. You know before they knew you could spread these kinds of things. We thought it was genetic. "Oh look just like grandma" must run in the family! Yea!
    I need to ride more! With the weather and all it has been hard. Not complaining I know some of you are stuck on trainers for a while longer cause of your weather. We don't have a trainer. Should get one though.
    Anyway have not heard from my sister since yesterday morning. Not sure what is up.

wow.... I hadn't heard what was going on Brandi... that's a lot for a family to handle. It's gotta be scary for the Noele as well... I like the idea of her having short "getaways" with the family. Kids process trauma differently than adults and some escape time could be good and healthy for her too. Your poor sis... having a sick child is every parents nightmare. I feel for her... glad you have a supportive family to be there for her and her DH too.
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".