Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    Isn't it funny how pictures of snow and mountains can trigger an existential crisis?
    No...I am extremely familiar with this syndrome. In fact last year, I posted here on TE to get ideas of where to move. I love high, dry country with really seasonal climates and mountains.

Then, don't you know, a work opportunity came up that was just too good to pass up, so here I am again for awhile now. A move someday is still not out of the question, and I am constantly aware of the tension between loving my current work situation enough to stay here, and yet desperately wanting to move to where my heart lives.
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

I can't remember another year when we had snow this early in the season where it stayed around! A couple of shots from a mid-day walk today...

--- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

Lovely pics, Denise! Especially the one that (to me) looks like a "shouting head" arguing with a dragon.
    Can't seem to find my own at the moment, except old ones from Xmas '05 or last Easter. I'll check again when I'm more awake. G'night all.
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.

Nebraska snow pics

Can't tell if I got it attached or not...

http://tinyurl.com/ysybnd

From last Saturday.
    Last edited by carpaltunnel; 12-19-2007 at 09:22 PM.

Carpeltunnel,
    the link worked! Beautiful pictures. I could almost hear the crunch of the snow. and the quiet. Hear the quiet - does that make sense?
    Beth

It's our little bit of heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by bmccasland View Post
    Carpeltunnel,
    the link worked! Beautiful pictures. I could almost hear the crunch of the snow. and the quiet. Hear the quiet - does that make sense?
    Thanks, we love it! Birds & wind in the trees are all you can hear there, unless you make some noise yourself. Very peaceful after a week in the city.

I find it amazing that we had another snowstorm this week. Yikes!

I had one more vacation day that I had to use before the end of the year or lose it. That was a perfect excuse for me to walk along the New Hampshire coast yesterday. A couple of shots from my wanderings...

If you're interested, there are more in my gallery Snow, sand, and the roar of the ocean.

--- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.

Beautiful pictures, Denise! That must have been a lovely walk. And the statue shot on your gallery is really pretty.

This is our looking at our neighbor's house. We've gotten about 8 inches and it's blowing about 45 mph.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snow 122207 006.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	5044

Thanks Deborajen.

That statue is beautiful, isn't it? A woman gazing over the sea... I've seen it many times, and I had to find the story behind it. It's "a memorial at Hampton Beach to all New Hampshire sons and daughters lost or buried at sea during World War II", story at http://www.hampton.lib.nh.us/hampton...al/thelady.htm.

No snow here today, and I'm hoping that your Kansas snow doesn't decide to come visit us too! Too much snow this year already...

Where are you in Kansas? I rolled across your state (from Pittsburg to Tribune, to give you a general idea of where I was) on my cross-country ride back in 2002. I remember some very hot days, and some very nice people.

--- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

Very beautiful statue, Denise, and quite a story behind it. I would have assumed there were more such memorials.

We're in Wichita. You probably passed not too far from us, but most people usually bike around Wichita - like most cities, I assume. Our weather usually does leave an impression. Between the heat, wind and storms in the summer, it can be quite memorable. The people are great, though, especially in the small towns.

If the storm gets to your neck of the woods, at least it's a fast mover. We were dry this morning and the sun was peeking through again an hour ago.

Deb

View from my condo with sunshine a few days after a snow storm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Winter 07 condo 031.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	127.9 KB 
ID:	5051   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Winter 07 condo 029.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	113.0 KB 
ID:	5052   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Winter 07 condo 033.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	5053   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Winter 07 condo 034.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	5054  

Kathi - is that Lake Dillon? And in the middle picture, Swan Mtn. Road going up from Farmer's Korner?
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

Yes, it's Lake Dillon. The highway in the middle picture is US 6 (Loveland Pass Rd) going towards Keystone. Not sure if its visible in the picture but we can see Dillon Dam road.
    I believe it's in the first picture, you see a cut in the valley. That's I-70 coming down from Eisenhower Tunnel. Our condo is in Wildernest, above the outlet malls at Silverthorne.

Did you know the Lowrey section of the Swan Mtn. path is now open? You miss 2.2 miles of Swan Mtn road.
    Last edited by Kathi; 12-23-2007 at 09:07 PM.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    If I could show you (since we haven't downloaded our digital photos yet) now where we are at this hour.

In a mountainous ski resort area where by our lodge, the skiers and snowboarding were whipping by, less than 10 ft. by our windown. We just went snowshoeing this afternoon and it was snowing gently the whole time. There's over 3 ft. of snow at least and more. It's white, deep and lush snow.

We are in the interior of British Columbia. Probably less than 150 kms. northwest of where kelownagirl lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi View Post
    Yes, it's Lake Dillon. The highway in the middle picture is US 6 (Loveland Pass Rd) going towards Keystone. Not sure if its visible in the picture but we can see Dillon Dam road.
    I believe it's in the first picture, you see a cut in the valley. That's I-70 coming down from Eisenhower Tunnel. Our condo is in Wildernest, above the outlet malls at Silverthorne.

Did you know the Lowrey section of the Swan Mtn. path is now open? You miss 2.2 miles of Swan Mtn road.

Ahhhh! Now I know what I am looking at. I did not know the path was open on Swan Mtn. Road - yay! I HATE that road - way too much traffic. Where does the path dump back onto the road?

I try to avoid the outlets when I am out there -except for PI and Coldwater Creek

Thanks for the pictures - wish I was there!!
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett