Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: I'm a newbie

I'm a newbie

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi girls, I'm a newbie here. I'm currently a mountain biker taking up the new world of road biking. Just wanted to stop in and say hi.

April

Welcome!

Welcome Snowy. Excellent choice to switch from heavy, mud-covered mountain bikes with really huge tires to fast, light and very-cool road bikes... Just kidding everyone! How long have you been riding and what got you interested in switching to road bikes?

I love going long distance and its very hard to do that on Mountain bikes. I have been biking for 10 years now. I'm just really excited to mix things up for awhile. For I will still ride my mountain bike but I'm ready to challenge myself phyiscally now.

howdy Snowy - welcome to the board! (rubs hands and thinks new blood!) Just kidding hun....I don't know how to do it (ok...This will be on a flurry of responses!) but theres a "getting to know you" thread in the open section. If you get a chance, read it and fill it out! You'll get to know some of us better and get some laughs at the same time! and welcome to the Wonderful World of Road Bikes
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"