Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bad Purchase

Mrowllll =^..^=

To disable ads, please log-in.

She doesn't have internet access, only e-mail. Yep, that makes a whole lot of sense. Methinks the damsel in distress inhaled too many fumes whilst locked in the trunk.

Saddle up gals, we must rescue her. Road trip
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

hmm

Giddyup! Hi Ho Ranger..(insert lone ranger music)

TE gals always get thier man..oh hang on..wrong series..Te Gals always get thier stuff..

Sending air slaps to the evil person..

C

Not to give another excuse, or but in where my .02 doesn;t belong, but I know with a lot of work computers it is only intranet. that means only email so that the employees don't goof off to much.

My Nov/Dec SS was in NM...I hope it's not her! I wouldn't wanted to have spent all that money on someone who scammed another lady on here!

road trip?

I can't believe someone did that. The stories are so funny too! Even if certain internet things are restricted, there are internet cafes, right? And she DID post here at TE.

How long is the gravel road? I used to live on a dirt road that I could ride on (on my mtn bike) or walk my road bike. I used to carry my bike when there was snow. Our road as about a mile but it wasn't too bad.

I like NM.

Hey, wait. Is she anywhere near ROSWELL?? Maybe there are explanations beyond our comprehension though I want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by madscot13 View Post
    Not to give another excuse, or but in where my .02 doesn;t belong, but I know with a lot of work computers it is only intranet. that means only email so that the employees don't goof off to much.
    Hey, I'm at work and goofing off right now

Most companies give you time access for simple things like e-mail, booking a flight. I can't go online while I'm actualy working but can log on at lunch or a break. I.M. is a big no no, and many sites are blocked like I can't surf e-bay but can get on Craigs. Go figure.

But if she knew this order was going on one would think she's make arrangements....unless she was locked in a trunk

Life happens and sometimes things get crazed but one would expect an explanation of the delay.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton

Hey... I live in NM, you can all stay with me! ...or I could get it myself (although I am small, I pack a lot of energy). So how many visitors should I count on?

Quote Originally Posted by madscot13 View Post
    She said she was using a friend's computer and he told her she could only check her email, not visit any websites, but she was going to see if he would take her to the PO sometime during the week. That's where Sandra got the kidnapped idea. Maybe we could form a TE rescue misson!
    Claudia

2009 Trek 7.6fx
    2013 Jamis Satellite
    2014 Terry Burlington

wow. I thought the person that we are all talking about posted HER SIDE to the story? or is this yet another transaction gone south?
    (sorry for the aspersion, Sandra)

correction; this IS another transaction. what a bummer! I wanna know too!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

(there are enough clues in this thread to figure it out...)

Yup.
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    correction; this IS another transaction. what a bummer! I wanna know too!
    The same person bought from the same person again? I'm clueless as usual.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton

No. Uforgot bought from a newish TE'er and did not receive her article. Cannot contact the person to get her money back either, despite many attempts and many excuses...
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

The first one was solved very amicably. It was due to miscommunication--my assumption of no return, which I should have clearlystated in my FS post. Lesson learned

This is one an entirely different situation. Poor Claudia. Circumstances aside, why would anyone post anything FS if they didn't have the ability to follow through?

there are lots of people that can't get it together long enough to take a walk to the post office. I'm only saying that on the premise that we're assuming the person meant well originally.

I met a curious person here on TE myself. She posted a few times from Holland and wanted someone to buy her a buff. I could never figure out why she couldn't pay herself, but what the heck...So I volunteered. She sent me enough euros to cover it, and I bought it for her and mailed it. then she wanted another buff, so we did the same thing.
    I didn't mind getting the euros, i use them on my trips to Italy. she sent them 1 envelope with one 20 euro bill in it at a time. She wrote me some nice emails, it all seemed pretty reasonable.
    Then after all the bills and packages went through the mail okay, she wrote me again. It seems she wanted to rebuild a bike and wanted to buy american parts.
    She wanted bank account numbers!!!!!! I said, sorry, you can't have that.
    and i never heard from "her" again.
    It was so odd.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.