Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

Bicycle + Dog = Judge Judy

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm not sure if this should be under "cycling related" but I thought this was pretty entertaining.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p12x52UzJsc
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Go Judge Judy!
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

thanks for posting that. OMG, people are sooo stupid. It's the bicyclists fault for riding his bike on a public highway??!!! Get a clue folks!

I saw the clip not long ago. I don't watch those judge shows, but I like her. Jenn

That was quite entertaining. I wish that when Mrs. Jones brought up the scenario where she is backing out of her driveway and is hit by the cyclist, that Judge Judy, instead of getting mad at her for asking a question, would have pointed out that that collision would have been HER fault.

This case is just a prime example of the sad fact that there are a lot of people who view bicycles as toys, not vehicles, and can't seem to comprehend that they follow the same rules and have the same rights as cars.

It is also a prime example of the fact that there are a lot of people who don't respect the rights of others or feel obligated to take responsibility for their actions.

I especially liked the part where the dog owner is trying to prove it is the cyclist's fault for hitting her dog, and she asks, "Well, if I was backing out of my driveway and he hit me (as he's going by on the road) wouldn't that be his fault?"

No, dingleberry, it'd be YOUR fault for backing into traffic!

Sheesh...

Edit: ooh, Froglegs, we had the same thought at the same time!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    Edit: ooh, Froglegs, we had the same thought at the same time!
    Great minds think along the same lines

Saw this bumpersticker "an untrained dog is an unloved dog" think it goes the same for an unleashed dog

I think they also said he was going 35 or so. Nice pace!! If that was a car the dog would be dead and whose fault is that? Not the drivers and so-called beloved pet is dead.

Spay and neuter your dogs folks, there aren't enough good homes yet there are plenty of folks like this.
    Last edited by Trek420; 12-08-2007 at 08:19 AM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

No, they were arguing that he was 35 miles or so from home, and he shouldn't have been so far from home cuz then he wouldn't have hit their dog. He should've been closer to his house or on a bike trail instead, then their dog wouldn't have been victimized by the evil bicyclist.

35 was not his speed.

Nice of their kids to tell the cyclist about all the other bikes the dog chased, eh?
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

that was great! Not to go OT slightly but if anyone sees a Judge Judy regarding a dog, a male and female (two different last names unless they change the names on the show) from WA, let me know? It was taped last week. Am not sure what it was about but am just mildly curious

+10 and high five judge! Let's buy that woman a bike

So, the law should follow that if we hit a REALLY BIG DOG with a really small car and flip the car, we can sue the owners - cool!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flybye View Post
    +10 and high five judge! Let's buy that woman a bike

So, the law should follow that if we hit a REALLY BIG DOG with a really small car and flip the car, we can sue the owners - cool!!!
    Yup! That exact thing happened to one of my neighbors. The dog owners had to pay the driver's expenses.

No, they were arguing that he was 35 miles or so from home, and he shouldn't have been so far from home cuz then he wouldn't have hit their dog. He should've been closer to his house or on a bike trail instead, then their dog wouldn't have been victimized by the evil bicyclist.

35 was not his speed.

Nice of their kids to tell the cyclist about all the other bikes the dog chased, eh?
    Ooops, you're right. I blame my slow-high speed internet connection and old Mac.

Think the kids will be in trouble?

So lesson is bikes should only be used on the bike path and very slowly? I suppose the off lead untrained dogs on the bike trail, that's still our fault.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    So lesson is bikes should only be used on the bike path and very slowly? I suppose the off lead untrained dogs on the bike trail, that's still our fault.
    Actually, I guess we should be walking our bikes on the bike paths and we should only be doing this if the path isn't too far from our house!!!

Yup! That exact thing happened to one of my neighbors. The dog owners had to pay the driver's expenses.
    Hmmm, so who do we sue if we hit a deer in the National Park? Shouldn't they be leashed?? Only kidding!!

A deer is a wild animal...we are responsible for the domestic animals we keep...the same way we are responsible for our children.

I'm not laughing. The cyclist was really hurt and that dog is gonna get killed some day...if he was riding "on a highway" imagine what else can come along and hit the dog....

grrrrrrrrrr. There's moral bankruptcy right there...not MY fault...
    Discipline is remembering what you want.