Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 469 of 495 FirstFirst ... 369419459465466467468469470471472473479 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,035 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

Sigh….. Why do people have to suck so much…. so I went to the garden store today, bought some plants, some compost and a new door mat. When I got back I parked my wagon near my front porch (and my raised beds) and went in to get a pot and some gardening tools to plant what I purchased. By the time I got back out front someone had stolen my door mat - REALLY PEOPLE- you need to steal a door mat? Yeah it was cool, but come on. Keep your sticky fingers off stuff that doesn't belong to you.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Ugh, Eden. That really stinks.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

A doormat?!
    What is wrong with people!?
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

I've seen the change here on campus too, Eden. Seems the rule is now "if you don't lock your stuff up 100% of the time, it's your fault if it's stolen". Whatever happened to DON'T TAKE STUFF THAT ISN'T YOURS!

Electra Townie 7D

We're having a lot of work done on our campus right now and frequently my students have to walk by work trucks. They park adjacent to the playground. I always stop and remind them not to touch the trucks as they walk by. "If it's not yours, you don't touch it." One of the workers heard me yesterday and thanked me. They get so upset if someone messes with their stuff, but have little respect for other people's things. Bugs me!

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Dear Bourbon,

I show you some love and all you offer in return is a stomach ache, that's it, I'm breaking up with you.

Signed,

Sore tummy in IL

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    Dear Bourbon,

I show you some love and all you offer in return is a stomach ache, that's it, I'm breaking up with you.

Signed,

Sore tummy in IL
    Mean old Bourbon, how dare it treat you like that. Kick it to the curb & replace with some good port or rum - but then again, I WOULD suggest that ;-)

Definitely switching back to the grape.

Electra Townie 7D

As I can't post this on facebook, I will post here. To me, if you consider me a "friend" and a former neighbor, than perhaps you would support my business by perhaps at least calling or emailing and asking about the bike you just bought, from someone else, even though you know we carry that brand... Such is life I guess. It will be hard to engage with you at the next social function though.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sky King View Post
    As I can't post this on facebook, I will post here. To me, if you consider me a "friend" and a former neighbor, than perhaps you would support my business by perhaps at least calling or emailing and asking about the bike you just bought, from someone else, even though you know we carry that brand... Such is life I guess. It will be hard to engage with you at the next social function though.
    Ah Sky King - my sympathies. This must be frustrating. As someone who tries really hard to support (several) local shops, I hope this post is never written about me. I'm getting ready to order a bike from a local shop. It's the one I trust with most of my mechanical work, plus they had the bike in my size and I could test ride it - but I'm sure it will hurt feelings at another local shop (who could get the bike, but the mechanicals there aren't as solid). I consider them all friends, and I try to order small things from the other shop too - when I can.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

I know the shop I bought both of my bikes from will be pissed when I buy my next bike, because they only sell "boutique" brands that I am not interested in; hence my next purchase will not be there. We have sent them a lot of business, but they have a terrible reputation for being snobby. Mechanics are good, and we occasionally use them, but DH does most of the wrenching here.
    I am seriously thinking of buying a Madone, after riding one on my tour. The other local shop, even closer, sells them. We have a long standing acquaintance with them, as DS worked there in HS. The owners are getting older and are slightly nuts (I think the woman has some kind of memory issue, based on recent conversations with her), but our friend bought a Project One bike there last year, because there's a new fitter/sales guy who he found to be excellent. I have bought some accessories there over the years, as they cater to a more all around riding population.
    Sky king, I would be pissed, too, if I were you.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I'm struggling with this now, as the shop I race for and sometimes moonlight at doesn't sell the frame I want. I feel guilty about buying the frame and fork elsewhere, but hope to appease my guilt by ordering the build kit from "my" shop.

Thanks Crew, good insights and perhaps these "friends" think of the bike shop where they bought the Surly as the LBS for where they ride their fat bikes. It is in a resort town where they have their second home and that is where they ride said bike. I just have a hard time when it is flaunted in my face - my issue Crankin, We have some great customers who don't own the Surly's - how can that be - hee, hee. Yet they do buy all sorts of other items from us and I appreciate each and every one of them. I have adjusted my attitude, AGAIN all because of you thoughtful fellow bike riders.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I am seriously thinking of buying a Madone, after riding one on my tour. .
    Crankin, I'm still loving mine 2.5 years later. It is a Project One.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Dear Current Employer,

The pay rate you offered me today to switch to a department I love working in is a slap in the face. To make $10/hr less working every full weekend, nights? Are you crazy? And to have taken a $16/hr paycut to move here? I love Colorado, but their treatment of nurses is abominable. Looks like I'll be heading back to the PNW, back to all of my friends and a liveable wage. So tired of moving! At least I have it down to a science now.

Another (CO) nurse bites the dust.
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN