Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 477 of 495 FirstFirst ... 377427467473474475476477478479480481487 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,155 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    Wow! Best of luck with your new endeavor.
    It's a tiny little facility, but the displays are top notch, I imagine I'll learn a lot. And it's great getting out of the house and meeting new people.

Electra Townie 7D

That's very cool, Pax. Sounds like an interesting gig!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Sounds like fun Pax! May the current crappy knee relent, but until then I'm glad you've found this nice gig that is both interesting and you get to network!

Yeah, hanging out with the creatures is a big plus, fascinating all.

Electra Townie 7D

How exciting!! It's one of those dream jobs where you get to pet animals that regular people never get to touch. I'm definitely envious.

Quote Originally Posted by smilingcat View Post
    How exciting!! It's one of those dream jobs where you get to pet animals that regular people never get to touch. I'm definitely envious.
    It's just a volunteer slot, but it's really fun any which way!

Electra Townie 7D

Dear seller, thank you for putting this lovely little home up for sale at a really decent price. Thank you to my partner's real estate friend for letting us know the place was being offered because we got to see it before the pictures were even taken or the ad was put online. We fell in love as we walked up to it. There was no doubt it was what we were waiting for all of this time. No compromise, just perfect as is. Thank you to the boring mortgage people who are really damn good at what they do and got this financed earlier than we ever expected. My closing is just over 2 weeks out and I'm already fully okayed for the loan. Thank you to the seller for removing the wood stove insert that was too old to be certified. I was willing to pay the dude to take it but you graciously did it in time for the bank appraiser to sign off. To the underwriter, I have no damn idea what you actually do, but what ever it was, you did good. A one day turn around on that part blew my mind. If I knew what beer you like, I'd drop off a case after we close.

Thank you to my honey for being the most incredible person I've ever met in my life. You are amazing and loving and giving and I don't ever have to worry about anything. You are a hero in many ways to many people. Being a female paramedic firefighter, you see your responsibility to young girls to show them that you can do that traditionally male career as well or better than your male crew. Those guys treasure having you on their team and you are highly respected. You have been so incredible this entire time. Your ethics and integrity shine through in every part of your life and I love that about you. Your two boys are fantastic young men and you are bringing them up to be sensitive and tolerant to all people, not just those who are like them. In a small town, that can be hard to do but you go out of your way to guide them down that better path. Even the dog is cool. I've practically thrown my arm off with that border collie over the past few months. He's getting a special treat for Xmas, a ball launcher. I admit, it's as much for me as it is for him but he doesn't need to know that. He just needs to know that he's a good boy and is loved and he now has a job of fetching a ball instead of herding my 2 cats who, I must say, have been very tolerant. But... I can see the girl is about to take one of his eyes out if he doesn't give her a bit more space more often. LOL. So, life is great and I'm happy. Not stressed about the move, just excited to be living at the coast. The commute may be a long one and many wouldn't understand why I'd drive all of that way, but it's through a rain forest and not during rush hour traffic. I start later in the day so I can take time to hang with you and the kids in the mornings, drop them at school, take the dog to the beach for an hour of fetch and then head to work. And when I get home, after a 90 min drive through the rain forest, after all of the traumas I deal with all day at work, I'm decompressed and ready to crawl into bed next to my girl with a good attitude. I'll be able to hear the ocean out the window, feel the evening breezes, have a tiny but cozy home full of love. That's worth more than any amount of money.
    Oh, that's gonna bruise...
    Only the suppressed word is dangerous. ~Ludwig Börne

Oh HELL yeah!!

Electra Townie 7D

That just made my day even happier, ”cozy home full of love” indeed!!!!!!
    ….and it made me think about designing eyepatches/goggles for border collie’s who have a herding the cats problem

eta...and your response made me laugh pax........
    Last edited by rebeccaC; 12-02-2015 at 04:07 PM.
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

xr, your home, life, and commute sound like a dream. Congrats.
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

Yay XRayted - so, so happy for you!
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Very big smile from reading this, so glad for you!

Great story, happy beginnings!
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccaC View Post
    ….and it made me think about designing eyepatches/goggles for border collie’s who have a herding the cats problem
    Ooh, can you make them puggle sized for small dogs with a Napolean complex?

Dear xrayted, congratulations on your new home (and love life). Wonderful!
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Thank you for sharing, xrayted. I hope you and your family have many happy years in your new home.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles