Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 415 of 495 FirstFirst ... 315365405411412413414415416417418419425465 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,225 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

Dear school,

After reading what people are saying about your instructors in literature and Women studies, I'm feeling really fired up and positively eager to enroll and start the class. It's been a long time since I've felt this way about literature. It's awesome.

(Also, I love online college classes. It's so awesome to finally be able to succeed in school even if people think I'm a bit old to still be piddling around undergrad classes.)
    "My school is the doubt in your eyes." - Tito Mukhopadhyay

Unhappy

Dear friends:

You should reconsider where you've stretched your clothesline at the new house. I am at least the third person to walk into the 2x4 holding an end of the clothesline.

Your friend with the black "third eye".
    Laura

Dear Body,

I am not getting sick so just stop suggesting ...
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

to whom it may concern

i can't post here much but i think about it doing it a lot.

I am adjusting to my new life. I am not riding enough, without you know who badgering me to go for a ride; but I am riding once or twice a week.

I am not going for enough walks either, it is hard to go out the door past my driveway. (I have no trouble going places, it's going for a walk by myself that is hard.)

I am eating well, bathing, and sleeping. I am taking good care of my cats. I have fixed up one room completely, and a second is nearly done. I do not want for activity. I even have been painting; but i am kind of flighty.

I guess if anyone in the Seattle area wants to go for a ride with someone who is pokey, let me know. I will be around for 2 more weeks before I go to Italy.

This is not a plea for hugs and sympathy, I just thought it was fair to let people know what it is looking like here for me 6 weeks after the loss of my husband.
    m
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

You're doing OK Mimi, you can't expect to feel "normal" right now, you're going through a huge adjustment. I'm glad to hear you're taking care of yourself, we like having you around.

How long will you be in Italy?

I will be gone for a little more than 2 weeks. Hope to find some riding buddies; I can't ride with my old friends yet, they are too fast for me at present.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna

Mimi, I'm plenty pokey these days. Check your private messages!
    2014 Bobbin Bramble / Brooks B67
    2008 Rodriguez Rainier Mirage / Terry Butterfly Tri Gel
    2007 Dahon Speed Pro TT / Biologic Velvet
    1998? GT Rebound / Serfas Gel

You get hugs and sympathy whether you want them or not. I'm glad you're being gentle with yourself. Are you seeing family in Italy?
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    I will be gone for a little more than 2 weeks. Hope to find some riding buddies; I can't ride with my old friends yet, they are too fast for me at present.
    As Oak said, you get hugs, warm thoughts and sympathies regardless It is good that you are giving yourself time to process all of this. You know, your old friends might like to go on an easier paced ride with you, why not ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    As Oak said, you get hugs, warm thoughts and sympathies regardless It is good that you are giving yourself time to process all of this. You know, your old friends might like to go on an easier paced ride with you, why not ask?
    +1. I agree with Catrin that your otherwise fast-paced friends are worth asking out for a ride. If I were in there shoes and a friend/riding buddy had lost their partner, I know that I'd be more than eager to oblige if they wanted company on a ride.

Safe travels to Italy, Mimi. I hope it's an enjoyable and restorative trip.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I did talk to my friends. Their idea of easy is to start me on another P12 (100 kilometer rides once a month ) in NOvember. On the back of a tandem!!!
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna

I did talk to my friends. Their idea of easy is to start me on another P12 (100 kilometer rides once a month ) in NOvember. On the back of a tandem!!!
    Yikes! Sorry they misunderstood what "easy" means. I hope you have some additional takers.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

They are SO FIT right now. Donald and I started the P12 thing winter 2010. ANd he had been doing the R12's too and HE sucked them into the R12's. (that's 200k's once a month) So I feel partially responsible.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna

You can always soft pedal.

Mimi I am so impressed by your strength of spirit. And it's okay to be flighty. Geez... I think I'd still be curled up in a little ball, not thinking about doing anything.

Take care of yourself.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Tell 'em that they can pedal on climbs and that you'll pedal on descents.

Love, hugs, and good thoughts to you. Enjoy your trip.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...