Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 494 of 495 FirstFirst ... 394444484490491492493494495 LastLast
Results 7,396 to 7,410 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

The neeve of people. I saw this on FB, your reply was perfect.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Sorry for the typo. I was at work, on my phone.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I did give out some zeros and did a lot of lecturing. I know this year (and my district is a "year round school" so we're actually already in session - I will not do trade and grade on multiple choice tests. It's pretty sad!
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

And Muireann, the cheating was actually so widespread- way more than 3 people had the answers. I only caught 3 for sure.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Dear so and so,

I'm planning to retire in about 164 days but who's counting? It's been a good ride, I am grateful for this surprisingly good job all told. Awesome bennies. And I'm not one to complain. But as I prepare to wind down and perhaps go to an encore career I'd like to speak frankly to my audience, you, the customers. Yes, I've worked all manner of customer service for a really beeeeg telco. And you need to know that ...

When you call or chat in or Tweet or however I'm going to need some kinda verification. Your first name is not enough. Have your number, the passcode if there is one and there almost always is and if you don't have that, an immediate plan to get it. Yelling at me, for 15-20 minutes "This is my account, I pay the bill, you sure want your money every month and I pay you hundreds every month .... don't you see that????? I demand to speak to your manager. I know the president of the company!!! I'll have you fired!!" is not enough.

I'm protecting your account. How would you feel if someone called, gave your name and number, we didn't verify anything and they ordered a few iPhone 7's and iPads, had them shipped to another address and you got the bill as is happening with Sprint? Not too good.

You have passcode and passwords. There are apps to save those or even a little book. Use those. Stop yelling at me.

Trek I can help you with that 420
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I can't say anything, except people are azzholes.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    Trek I can help you with that 420

and enjoy your retirement adventures wherever they lead!!!!!
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Trek,

I couldn't agree more! I never, ever mind giving all that info when I call (most recently to DISH, to change our local stations address since we moved from NC to FL), because I know why they need it. I would much, much rather they ask than not. Gotta be so careful these days with all the online fraud.

Congratulations on your impending retirement!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Dear nephew,

I am duly impressed and very proud of you to have bought your first house. And you are not even 30 yet.

Trek420,

I'm one of the azzholes of very different kind. I know too much of how somethings work and when I tell you that the company supplied FiOS modem is piece of garbage, I can tell you why and I just need to talk to a tech to say that the company supplied equipment fried during an electrical storm. Yes it did. Don't give me a runaround, send a tech out to replace the wall mounted unit and replace the unit by my desk. And don't tell me that my router blew out your equipment. I couldn't even ping the company equipment. Magic packet went nowhere. And dear field tech, don't BS me.

Yes I think you deserve a much needed retirement and not have to deal with unreasonable and irate customers. I could never do it. And counting days to your retirement. Congratulation!!

Quote Originally Posted by smilingcat View Post
    Trek420,

I'm one of the azzholes of very different kind. I know too much of how somethings work and when I tell you that the company supplied FiOS modem is piece of garbage, I can tell you why .....

Yes I think you deserve a much needed retirement and not have to deal with unreasonable and irate customers. I could never do it. And counting days to your retirement. Congratulation!!
    165 days!

Smilingcat, I love talking to customers like you! Sometimes I learn stuff. I'm not dealing with uverse anymore other than the mobile end. Yes, sometimes the modem is for instance the reason wifi calling won't work inside the home. It can be a challenge to finagle a new modem for my customer from the land line side but if the modem is effecting service, it's what we do.

Dear customer,

My job is dizzyingly complex, a lot more than just a answering the phone. As I used to mutter under my breath and/or put the phone on mute when I was on the land line side, earning almost twice as much as I do today and probably more than most of my callers earn (yes, took a pay cut to transfer) "If you were capable of doing my job you'd be doing it"

Still, this is a tough job and a good one. And it always makes my job so much easier and helps me to solve your problem faster when you jump up and down, yell, scream, hurl insults and epithets at me. This does not happen often but ... be nice. We'll get through this together faster.

Regards,

Trek counting the days 420

PS; was talking to a steward yesterday who said a recently retired coworker had a novel way of counting down. He stacked paper plates at his desk, each had a number on it. Each lunch he took the top plate. From what I heard when he got down to about 50 he took vacation and scedadled.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    PS; was talking to a steward yesterday who said a recently retired coworker had a novel way of counting down. He stacked paper plates at his desk, each had a number on it. Each lunch he took the top plate. From what I heard when he got down to about 50 he took vacation and scedadled.
    That is awesome!

Electra Townie 7D

I hope these last days at work go well, Trek.

Lately I end up starting the conversation with a customer service rep by apologizing for sounding angry -- because of how hard it is to get past the stupid machine that answers the phone. Whoever designs the automated systems must really hate people. I'm not thrilled when the rep is required to try to sell me something instead of being allowed to just help with my problem, either. Some companies handle it well, but others don't really seem to want to help you, and makes it hard for the people on both sides of the conversation.

Any thoughts on what the encore career might be?

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Enjoy your retirement soon, Trek.

Time passes along....starting last 2 wks., I became a.....great-aunt. Oldest nephew @31 and wife had their first baby (son).
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Congrats, Sjooting Star.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura