Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 366 of 495 FirstFirst ... 266316356362363364365366367368369370376416466 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

Until I had this job, I almost never wore pants to work.
    Indy, I'm a bit of a pear, too, but it's so much less than before, I'm ok with it.
    I spend way more on sports clothes, but I still love dressing up.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

For classy clothes I always look at Garnet Hill and I keep my eye on Isda and Co. Isda has super comfy clothes-- pricey, but really good looking stuff.
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    Ditto! Selling is much more stressful -- have to keep things perfect all the time, be ready to leave for a showing at a moment's notice. Then the stress of the inspection -- what do they want you to fix?

I would MUCH rather be a buyer. So many choices, so many possibilities, so much power. Such fun! Of course, it's been a buyer's market for quite some time. In a seller's market, I might feel different.

Good luck, blueberry, and glad you went with the other agent!
    I'm in the same, selling, boat with Indy. Have a realtor I'm happy with, but getting a buyer is another issue. We're entering month #3. Yes the stress is getting to me, had a 2-day migraine (yesterday & sunday). Doesn't help that I torture myself looking at properties to buy, when I can't do anything until the house sells. ARRRGGGH
    Beth

Quote Originally Posted by bmccasland View Post
    I'm in the same, selling, boat with Indy. Have a realtor I'm happy with, but getting a buyer is another issue. We're entering month #3. Yes the stress is getting to me, had a 2-day migraine (yesterday & sunday). Doesn't help that I torture myself looking at properties to buy, when I can't do anything until the house sells. ARRRGGGH
    Oh Beth-

I so feel for you, and I'm really, really hoping we aren't there in a few months. The good news is we don't have to move until it sells - the bad news is we have to live with the issues of being "on the market" - showings, etc. With pets.

I feel really fortunate - our house is in a good neighborhood that seems to be bucking most of the market difficulties. The house behind us (very similar) went on the market a few weeks ago and had 4 offers the first day. I REALLY want that to be us.

Our plan is to rent for a while. Let someone else deal with the repair issues, etc. We will own again - but not anytime soon, I think.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    ... Our plan is to rent for a while. Let someone else deal with the repair issues, etc. We will own again - but not anytime soon, I think.
    That is our plan once we sell as well. The house will go on the market in about two years (I can take my early retirement pittance in 2.5 years). If the house sells quickly we'll look for a short term rental locally, if not we'll just keep living there until it sells... then head to warmer climes and rent there. We're both burned out on maintenance and upkeep so renting sounds like a nice choice for a while.

Electra Townie 7D

Just to clarify that I'm not currently buying or selling. I sold my house in downtown Indy in early 2010....but the experience is still fresh in my mind. I was lucky at least that the house was vacant while I was trying to sell it, so I didn't have to worry about my pets or keeping it tidy. Of course, not living in a house you're trying to sell can also be challenging. It seemed like we got a heavy snow every time I had a showing scheduled.

In any event, I became obsessive about comps to make sure I was priced right. That was hard because downtown properties are unique in a lot of ways and their values can vary widely based on what block it's on.

So, that's my advice for anybody selling. As hard as it is to swallow the decrease in property values, try to be realistic about what your house is worth. Also be prepared to be lowballed. Every buyer out there is convinced they're going to get a smokin' deal right now, even if your house is otherwise priced well. Make sure your realtor really understands the comps and can persuasively argue for or against a certain price. Having worked with a handful of realtors over the years, I've included that some are better than others at the actual negotiation part of buying/selling.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    The house behind us (very similar) went on the market a few weeks ago and had 4 offers the first day. I REALLY want that to be us.

Our plan is to rent for a while. Let someone else deal with the repair issues, etc. We will own again - but not anytime soon, I think.
    Well, that's encouraging. Here's hoping.

I fantasize about renting again. Homeownership can be such a drag.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

With the agent change, I am very confident we have a great negotiator (with my career, that's a hard thing for me to delegate - but I realize necessary in this case).

We are priced at the high end of the range that agents have given us - but within the range. We also have an urban house that is very unique. It's hard to know, but we're definitely being realistic on the price with the advice we're getting. Our agent is very comfortable with it (important to me!).

Now - off for my first bike ride in LA
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Wow. My son is trying to buy his first home and here we have bidding wars and people offering way over asking price. He was so happy he got pre approved for first time buyer's financing and now is so discouraged.
    We had a great agent who died . We aren't planning on selling for 5-7 yrs. but not sure what we will do without her.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I rue the day we have to sell our current home. It's in a smallish town where home values have decreased a fair amount since we bought in 2009. Because the volume of sales is low, even at the best of times, it will take a very long time before the market can rebound given how stingy appraisers have become. It will be very difficult to support even a modest increase in price with sold comps.

All the while, we have to put money into the house to keep it liveable for us. It's a losing proposition. At least our mortgage is relatively small.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

My son and his wife had their offer accepted!
    Much more exciting than having a grandchild.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

ooo congrats!
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Yeah, I am pretty proud, knowing how he saved and has no debt, got approved for a special MA first time buyer's loan, considering how much freakin' money houses here cost, compared to other parts of the country.
    Sometimes I want to strangle parents who think the only way their kids can be successful is to spend 200K on their college and let them live at home afterwards, so they don't have these experiences.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Dear men,

Did it ever occur to you that when you "shake," those droplets don't magically disappear? Would you please, just once, wipe your OWN dried urine off the walls, floors and sides of the commode? Why can't you just use toilet paper like normal human beings?
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Dear Ivan the Cat,

I know you hate it when men visit, but must you always poop in the middle of the floor just to make that point?

Sincerely,

Your poop-cleaning slave

BTW, been reading this thread for the past few days. Love it!