Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 442 of 495 FirstFirst ... 342392432438439440441442443444445446452492 ... LastLast
Results 6,616 to 6,630 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    Just checking back in - you ladies have figured out the offending company. Last I looked, I was shocked to see that there weren't any negative comments (and some of the comments were from women).

Manvoice - wow. Wonder what the major bike retailers would have to say about that (since they tend to have discount restrictions)? Never mind the possibility of doing a charge back with a credit card. There are SO many things wrong with that.
    I have no idea how many of these they've actually done and I don't shop there (for so many reasons). But they did mention it on a public forum, which makes me think they're serious. I don't think the manufacturers would care, as long as the actual price paid was in line with their dealer agreements. Never thought about the credit card thing though!

Who knows...guys like that could have wives who fudge receipts for clothing or jewelry.
    It's not a system that would work for me.
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

I read that stuff to my DH and his comment was, "Wow, those people must have really good marriages."
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Dear Specialized,

What on earth is going on with your women's saddles?
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Dear guy with his ear buds in,

Fat chick cycling and momentum kills!!!

Thank you.

Dear University Scheduling Department,

The next time we have community activities and you cancel it could you let us know so we don't show up at some random school looking like a bunch of suspicious wierdos carrying big cases full of stuff. Dip$hits.

Dear Professor so and so,

Is it REALLY necessary to wear so much cologne that I can know which entrance you used based on the 'trail' you leave behind. Please stop using the revolving door I am going to choke to death!!!!

OK I'm done. Well. At least for now

Dear Headache
    you know, your timing SUCKS

that is all.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Just checking back in - you ladies have figured out the offending company. Last I looked, I was shocked to see that there weren't any negative comments (and some of the comments were from women).
    A Lynskey-owning woman friend and I have made our displeasure known on the Lynskey fb page.

FWIW, this isn't the first time Lynskey has lowered themselves to this kind of bs on their fb page ... a year & a half ago they posted as their Pic of the Day -- twice! -- a pic of a pouty well-endowed woman (supposedly a customers wife) in a skimpy bikini in a suggestive pose "modelling" a Lynskey. Lynskey used that as their profile pic, and in the smaller thumbnail image all you could see were the woman's ample knockers. The uproar, egged on by the husband and by whoever maintained the Lynskey fb page, was predictably juvenile & obnoxious.

I wrote directly to Lynskey:
    "Is that the image you want your company to portray? Did you think this would attract more guys to your site?
    That was incredibly disrespectful to your female customers. My stomach turned when I saw that. I thought the Lynskey company was above that. I was so disappointed to see that was not the case. "

I received an email reply from a sales manager, who claimed he thought long and hard (oh yeah, I'll bet ) before posting the picture, but, gee whiz the customer insisted!!, and he said no-one else complained -- which was not true, the friend I mentioned above posted her objection but she was met with a chorus of "lighten up!"s -- but nevertheless the sales manager apologized profusely in the reply email to me (not publicly on the fb site), and ever-so-magnanimously took down the buxom babe postings and replaced the boob avatar with something more, oh, bike related.

I stopped following the Lynskey fb page when all that happened, so I don't know if they've posted anything else so disrespectful to women in the last year & a half. This could be the first since then.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Jobob-

I'm really glad you let them know. I probably should too. I haven't been following them that long, and should probably stop - but I sort of like to know what company I represent when I ride a bike with their decals.

But - honestly - it very likely means that N+1 won't come from them (and we all know there will be n+1). We got a hint of that attitude when we were purchasing (no concept of women's fit issues from our sales guy) - but I brushed it off. Ugh.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Dear Bike Company whose bike I own:
    Blueberry, you could always send that message directly to Lynskey via their Contact Us form:

http://www.lynskeyperformance.com/store/contacts

At least when someone else writes back and says "gee, no-one else complained", you'll know they're lying.

Jobob-

I'm really glad you let them know. I probably should too.
    If you're willing to get catcalls and "lighten up"s. That's why I wrote to Lynskey directly the last time. This time around, I really don't give a rat's azz what the boys say.

Quote Originally Posted by jobob View Post
    Blueberry, you could always send that message directly to Lynskey via their Contact Us form:

http://www.lynskeyperformance.com/store/contacts

At least when someone else writes back and says "gee, no-one else complained", you'll know they're lying.
    I haven't (and probably won't) jump in on the comment thread. But - I did send them some very pointed feedback directly. We'll see what, if anything, they say. I PM'd you a copy just for fun

Update: I don't see the offending status anymore. They have, however, posted a very tasteful photo of a female customer actually riding one of their bikes. Hmmm....

And another update:

I filled out the contact info with my email address. They responded to my DH (despite having my email address from the contact form - they pulled his from the system - we double checked). Awesome. They didn't even manage to actually contact me - just my DH. Oh, the irony
    Last edited by Blueberry; 04-13-2013 at 07:28 PM.

Classy.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...