Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 377 of 495 FirstFirst ... 277327367373374375376377378379380381387427477 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,655 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yay Reesha!

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Congrats, Reesha. I can't even imagine raising that much. In fact, I can't imagine raising any money, which is why I don't do charity rides.
    The mortgage stuff... we just finished a refi on Tuesday. It was all done on line. In the process, we got asked about a million times to send documents that had been sent the minute they had been originally requested. They kept asking us about where to send the check to pay off our second. Duh, we paid that off ourselves before closing and the refi had nothing to do with that. Let's just say DH had plenty to say to the customer service rep.
    Our credit is just about perfect and we had no trouble getting the loan. They just treated us like stupid sh*ts once we were in the process.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin
    In fact, I can't imagine raising any money, which is why I don't do charity rides.
    LOL! Yeah, I used to feel that way too, especially at the start. I thought I would never get to $6,000, let alone $8,000. There were times I've been so disappointed I cried... but honestly, people have surprised me. Asking for money is really hard, and kind of annoying, even if it's for a good cause. I've gotten better at it in the last 7 months, but still... I hate bugging people, especially during times of economic hardship.

Congrats on the refinance! When I bought my house my parents gave me important advice (this was in person financing)... if you act deliberate, skeptical, and ask tough questions, they will treat you better. I figure with online processing there's not as much opportunity for people to see that you're not going to get bowled over by them.
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Dear self,

This week in cycling practice has been awful. What is up? Is it allergies? You are barely hanging on with the high school kids where before spring break you could kick all their skinny little butts. Maybe it's because you haven't been weight lifting 1x per week like your PT says you should for the last four or five weeks. Argh.
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Congrats Reesha!!!
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Dear flash drive,
    Where did you go? I really hope you're chilling at home, or in the back of A's car. While there's nothing on there that's really important (that's not backed up on my computer's hard drive and/or my external), it's really annoying. Also, I don't want to have to buy another one.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Reesha View Post
    Dear Big Ride Supporters,

Thank you!!! I have reached my fundraising minimum of $6,000 as of today! I am going on the BIG RIDE!!!

Onward to $8,000
    Reaching your minimum is such a great feeling. You'll make that $8000. I know it.
    Health is the thing that makes you feel like now is the best time of the year--Franklin Pierce Adams

Dear BIL,
    Really another vehicle, don't you ever feel embarrassed. I realize you are a "doctor" but good grief, share some of your wealth with the less fortunate. I don't enjoy visiting my sister anymore as the over indulging lifestyle you two have adopted just makes me sad. OH and yes, we do have a website, I know, it is shocking to think your "poor" relatives know how to write and may have something to offer to the rest of the world.
    Dear Little bro,
    Thank you for having such a wonderful family, helps to offset the pain of visiting the family note above
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Dear various hammerheads on trail:
    For your information, the ox-like sounds of your breathing do not qualify as giving an audible signal when passing, especially not on a windy day.

Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    Dear various hammerheads on trail:
    For your information, the ox-like sounds of your breathing do not qualify as giving an audible signal when passing, especially not on a windy day.
    Loved the "ox-like sounds" part.

Dear online continuing education, thank you for existing. With your help, I finally scored the first 'A' grade in about...a decade and get a second shot at school again. That feeling of finally achieving something you watched your peers so effortlessly achieve but somehow you've never managed to? Fantabulous. Just frickin' fantabulous. Never mind that it's about 5 years later.
    "My school is the doubt in your eyes." - Tito Mukhopadhyay

Dear PRN therapist..I respect you for your clinical skill but please please tone it down a bit. You are quite loud and are a close talker. Please get the hint when I sit on my desk and lean way back away from you as you continue to lean in towards me. Also please don't belittle me in front of my patients and or the nurses. You only work in this building on the occasional weekend and weekdays. Putting me down or blaming me for our missunderstandings makes for a tough work environment. Please grow up...you are 63.

Dear Co-Worker,

This is none of my business but I want to say something so badly that I can almost taste it. You are a young man with children and a happy marriage - you and your family rock. Do you have the slightest idea what it does to your body to eat no less than 3 hot dogs + buns (3) for lunch every single day? When you don't have 3 hot dogs lined up, you have three big sausages lined up. The microwave is outside of my door so I don't have to look to see what you are eating, the nose tells all. You have done this for well over a year now.

You look like you are in good shape, and you do active things with your family - but this can't be good for your heart health in the long term. However, it is indeed your body, and your choice what you put in it. At least you don't have to wonder what you will have for lunch...there, now I have it out of my system.

Your nosy co-worker

Dear university tutoring service:
    Okay, how do I not meet your needs? I suspect it has something to do with the fact that I'm not eligible for work-study.
    Continuing the job search with a due sense of resignation,
    Me.

Dear universe:
    If you could somehow point me in the direction of (legal!) part time work that would take into account my school schedule and let me finish my thesis, that would be pretty awesome. The university either wants ALL OF MY TIME, undergrads, or work-study students.

Dear Self,

Take a chill pill and relax. Yes, last week was hard and you've been more than whiny but this week relax and enjoy. So far so good.

Dear Mukluk,

Dang. I had no idea what a workout you'd give me. It's not surprising, just more work than I thought. However; it's been great riding on gravel.

Dear Fargo,

What's up with your cassette? It's always the same two cogs that the chain keeps trying to get up/down on. You've had 3 shops look at it and they can't find anything wrong but you always do this out on the roads.

Dear Foot,

It's been almost 4 months since surgery!! 4 months! That seems like a LONG time. My broken pelvis healed and felt better in less time.......... so why do you still ache and swell up when I try and do a little 5K run??? Grr! So frustrating. I guess I'll back off again, and go back to run-walk-run-walk.... so not fun. :-(

At least I can ride pain-free - Yay! That makes it bearable.

SR