Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 399 of 495 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409449 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,985 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Well, yelling at the rabbits to stayouttamygarden worked. After I put 2' chicken wire behind the electric fence.
    LOL! I sure wish I had my childhood dog. He was a mole hunting Scottish Terrier. Our cats are useless when it comes to moles, although our newest stray brought me a field mouse last week.

Are there any non-toxic deterrrents to moles? We got rid of our chipmunks last year with a few drops of fox urine. They've yet to return!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Good luck Reesha!! Have fun and stay safe!
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Dear Powers-that-Be and St. Joseph,
    Would you please point someone in direction to my house in Louisiana that's for sale, and get them to make me an offer???

Please? We know why I left, and why I really do need to cut ties to the Crescent City. I'd like to go back as a happy tourist, and not as a landlord.

Thank you.
    Beth

Dear county humane society. You really have a lot of nerve. I emailed your executive director and foster coordinator a month ago asking if I could get a courtesy listing on your website--a service I know you offer--for a stray cat we were caring for. I indicated to you that we'd had her spayed and vaccinated. You also know that my husband and I similarly cared for three other strays last year, all on our own dime. You weren't particularly helpful with them, either. But it should be abundantly clear to you by now that we care about animals and have at least some disposable income with which to help them.

You never responded to my email. Yet, you had no problem sending me a letter yesterday asking for money. You won't be getting a contribution from me. I did donate to two other organizations who did offer to help me. Unlike you, they returned my emails within 24 hours and bent over backwards to help.

I've worked on NFP boards before. It's a thankless job, and I fully appreciate that you're likely stretched pretty thin. But here's the thing. When you're the NFP, you cannot afford to alienate those people in your community who are, or can be, partners and donors. You. just. can't. So, while I do care about the animals in our county, I'd prefer my money go elsewhere to help them.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Dear Team E ladies of Seattle,

How you manage these crazy steep hills I will never know. I didn't know people could build on hills these steep, let alone drive a car up and down them, let alone ride a bike up and down them? A lot of people must have mountain bike gearing. This place is crazy. Incredible. Gorgeous. Crazy.
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Interesting Reesha, I guess it's been so long since I've been in Seattle that I had forgotten that it was...hilly. Especially THAT kind of hilly!

Dear Paperwork,

Where are you? We did this legal thing Wed evening after work and I KNOW I brought you home...but where ARE you? Actually I don't really NEED you, the deed is done, but you are making me crazy trying to find you. Ok, perhaps I didn't have so far to go but work with me... where ARE you?

signed,
    Perplexed

I came down some hills today that made me freeze up completely. I had to walk down them. They were ridiculous and I have a paralyzing phobia of traveling down really steep hills (car, foot, ski, bike, you name it!). I almost couldn't walk down them!
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Quote Originally Posted by Reesha View Post
    I came down some hills today that made me freeze up completely. I had to walk down them. They were ridiculous and I have a paralyzing phobia of traveling down really steep hills (car, foot, ski, bike, you name it!). I almost couldn't walk down them!
    I totally get this - which is why I could never even consider DH mtb - even if I did have younger bones. Nothing wrong with paying attention to that pounding heart rate though.

Reesha, I totally empathize with you. I don't like steep downhills, either. I had to ride down one really steep one on our tour last summer, which ended in downtown Ithaca, NY. I was frozen at the top, with DH yelling at me to just get on with it! Yeah, and the hill ended at a stoplight in rush hour traffic. I did it, but I would have preferred walking. Oh, and it was partial cobblestones. Then there was the downhill I did walk in western MA. It was a rutted, rocky dirt road and I was on my road bike. I would have been scared on a mountain bike!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

We lost a cyclist locally a couple weeks ago after she crashed on a descent.
    Stay safe friends.
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

feet

Dear hammies, glutes & core,

Thank for doing what you're supposed to do after all these months of training!

Dear left foot,
    What happened to you & is it really from my elasticky laces? I thought it would be my right foot & achilles..not the left foot

Dear dearie poo,
    Thank you again for being there at the 39km mark yesterday . You appeared right when i needed that mental support when i couldn't see the landmark for the end of the run...

Ahhhh, cool..funky..

I completed my first marathon in 5:15 yesterday(aim was 5hrs) & loved the challenge. Ever since being off my bike n pool to rehab the old upper body injury i aggravated last year, I thought the world had ended. By losing quite a few kg's by changing my diet & learning how to run properly, i've discovered the running bug. I love 10km & 1/2 marathon events .

What to do next...slowly slowly slowly get back into swimming & cycling to see how the upper body reacts. I do however, wanna run more

Weeeehar!

Yayyyyy CrazyCanuck, sounds like you had a great time and incredible job!

Great job, CC.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Good job, CC!

Dear self:
    No, you probably shouldn't look at applying to grad schools in Boston. As much as you liked the city, one of the two schools in the area with your program is high-stress. Also, even on a generous stipend, you'll be living in an envelope next to campus. You can put some money away and go visit instead.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Woot CC! Way to go - congratulations marathoner!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler