Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 367 of 495 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377417467 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

Dear esteemed colleagues offering real estate advice at lunch today,
    You have no idea how completely disheartened I am about my "situation". Telling me that I should go for a drive, check out other neighborhoods isn't very helpful. What I would like to hear is an invitation to join you to check our your lovely neighborhood - as I'm not familiar with this city, as you well know.

Living in real estate limbo sux.
    Beth

Quote Originally Posted by bmccasland View Post
    Dear esteemed colleagues offering real estate advice at lunch today,
    You have no idea how completely disheartened I am about my "situation". Telling me that I should go for a drive, check out other neighborhoods isn't very helpful. What I would like to hear is an invitation to join you to check our your lovely neighborhood - as I'm not familiar with this city, as you well know.

Living in real estate limbo sux.
    I'd go for a bike ride not a drive. Explore the bike and ped accessible areas of your city (there are lots of delightful ones!) I might be up there soon, real soon. A couple weeks. Maybe a TE neighborhood exploration ride is in order
    Last edited by Trek420; 03-13-2012 at 08:21 PM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Beth, I'd love to plug my neighborhood and take you for a tour of it but I fear it might be too far north for you ...

Might be fun to hang out regardless. Trek's idea is a good one.

I'm currently limited to riding on my trainer but would be open to meeting up with TE-ers for post-ride treats and libations.
    2014 Bobbin Bramble / Brooks B67
    2008 Rodriguez Rainier Mirage / Terry Butterfly Tri Gel
    2007 Dahon Speed Pro TT / Biologic Velvet
    1998? GT Rebound / Serfas Gel

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Here we go again, more change in the dept. where I work. This time, I'm wondering if it's going to affect my job because a similar position is being posted.

So I have figure out a path or paths, when I get more info. Or I'll just resign myself for ride without stressing myself...over more change.

I'm getting a bit tired of change, just have had to live through alot of major personal change in past 1.5 yrs.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Bike riding weather has been scarce in our neighborhood lately for all but the toughest of riders. Temps hovering near freezing, wind, snow, sleet, rain... Not easy for a gal from New Orleans for sure.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    Bike riding weather has been scarce in our neighborhood lately for all but the toughest of riders. Temps hovering near freezing, wind, snow, sleet, rain... Not easy for a gal from New Orleans for sure.
    Darn tootin right!
    (even if I do own 1 thermal long sleeved jersey and 1 pr of thermal tights)

And y'all are right, a bike ride through a neighborhood would be much better than a drive. Even a walk is better than a drive. In this "lovely" weather I'd rather walk than ride. Yes, I'm a wimp. I admit it.
    Beth

Dear self
    Yes it is going to be another near perfect day to be outside and yes, it's spring break but you have ridden 146 miles since Saturday and all the routine house chores have been put off long enough, not to mention any project that takes longer than 20 minutes. Besides, the muscles are requesting a day off no matter how perfect it is outside for a spin up to Saguaro National Park. Get to work and ride tomorrow!

Love, me
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Darn tootin right!
    (even if I do own 1 thermal long sleeved jersey and 1 pr of thermal tights)

And y'all are right, a bike ride through a neighborhood would be much better than a drive. Even a walk is better than a drive. In this "lovely" weather I'd rather walk than ride. Yes, I'm a wimp. I admit it.
    All I can say is that, as a southern woman who now lives in central Indiana - PI Amfib tights + bib shorts + PI Barrier shoe covers + smartwool base layer + smartwool LS jersey + thermal jacket makes a fine combination and keeps me warm in colder temps I hope it gets warmer for you soon.

I won't rub in the 78 degree temps they are calling for today. Not at all

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    All I can say is that, as a southern woman who now lives in central Indiana - PI Amfib tights + bib shorts + PI Barrier shoe covers + smartwool base layer + smartwool LS jersey + thermal jacket makes a fine combination and keeps me warm in colder temps I hope it gets warmer for you soon.

I won't rub in the 78 degree temps they are calling for today. Not at all
    Why is it so warm? And more importantly, why is it so warm around finals so that I can't go out and enjoy it? Grump.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Dear Bike Friday:

What is it that you don't like about Southern Californa? Last time we were here, you destroyed your connections to the nice generator hub I got for you and went through 3 tubes in a week. This time, you've blown a spoke in a rear wheel. I know you don't like TSA, but really? We're adventuring! Good thing we have an understanding bike shop willing to get you rolling again ASAP (and a good friend to transport you)!

Your owner
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Of course we're right Think listings near the Burke Gillman, Interurban trail .... close to shopping, walkable. Find a few and do a walk to open houses or just to see the outside.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Dear So Cal Weather:

At home, it is 80 and sunny. Must the forecast really be mid 50's and raining when we get to the part of this trip that is actually vacation for DH and for me?

Please resume your normal, sunny Southern Cal weather!
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Dear Neighbors,

Please take your dog on a walk. He's too big to keep tied up on a 6 ft chain all day long He's s such a friendly and happy dog. He deserves better.

I love your Graykitty (that's what my kids named her). She is so affectionate. She runs up to my kids whenever they are outside and immediately starts purring and cuddling with them. As much as we love seeing her everyday, you need to start caring for her! If we didn't already have 3 cats in our home, I would open our doors and welcome her in. You have for all purposes abandoned her.

It positively breaks my heart

~Limewave
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Dear Seattle weather,

I know you thrive on being as miserable as possible when the rest of the country gets to experience beautiful weather. I'm glad a lot of the people who live here love your constant gray and rain, but I am not one of them. Could we please have just one day of sun next week when I'm off? It would improve my mood immensely.

Signed,
    Missing the beautiful weather in Denver
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

VBC, I don't know how you do it, that much overcast would make me cry.

Electra Townie 7D