Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 395 of 495 FirstFirst ... 295345385391392393394395396397398399405445 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,925 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

Dear DS,
    I can't believe you were stupid enough to be riding your bike home in the dark, with only your "to be seen light." You don't live in the middle of the city anymore. Yea, and riding down a hill at high speed, in the dark, and hitting a pot hole= crash.
    I'm sorry you have lots of road rash and are sore, but I am pissed at you. And dad just made that classic Serotta look very nice. He will not be re-doing the silver bar tape you like so much.
    I will call you tomorrow, when I have calmed down. This is worse than when I caught you riding down Scribner Hill without your helmet when you were 12. You are almost 30.
    Love,
    Mom
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Oh no! Is he otherwise okay?
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Dear Legs: GET USED TO IT!

Dear National Bike Challenge. I'm going to hit gold tomorrow. Please draw my name for a new Trek or other bike. My seven speed hybrid isn't going to be enough for ever. TYVM!
    2013: Riding a Dolce sport compact for fun and a vintage Jetter with cargo rack for commuting

www.bike-sby.org: A network of concerned cyclists working to make our city more bicycle friendly.

Dear powers that be,

you suck. An hour after I send my kids off for the summer holidays telling them I will see them again next term, you come to me and tell me that with effect from next term, I will be teaching another class? COME ON. It's the middle of the year, do you not care about the fact that teachers take a lot of effort and work to bond with their classes to make progress at all? Jeez.

Dear justice system,

you ALSO suck. What justice? 4 WEEKS in jail for a guy who KILLED one person and severely injured another while driving drunk? And then running away and failing to render assistance DESPITE the fact that he is a DOCTOR. A DOCTOR. I don't care what you think about his advanced age and contributions to society. He deprived another person of the opportunities to ever contribute to society and you dare cheapen the life of the person he killed like that. Disgusting.
    Last edited by alexis_the_tiny; 05-25-2012 at 12:22 AM.
    "My school is the doubt in your eyes." - Tito Mukhopadhyay

Dear Team E Ladies!

Please help me choose a cycling cap:
    #1 I used to live in Belgium:

#2 Rainbows are fun! Also I will be a champion when I'm done with my big ride:

More hats here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/RotheraCycling?ref=seller_info

What do you think?
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

They are both great, I do like the rainbow a little better than the first cap. I looked at the link you provided and I think you chose the best two on the page. Ordinarily I wouldn't go for a white cap but I like the contrast!

Belgium gets my vote!

Yea, my son is OK, but that is second hand through DH. He got up and rode home, all bloody and let his wife clean him up. But, he is sufficiently sore enough and with enough road rash that he had to take yesterday and today off of work.
    I will call and check today that he checked his helmet and gets a new one. I think the bike is fine, just cosmetic damage. The bike has been in our family since 2001, and DS #2 raced on it as a junior. DH spent all winter giving it an overhaul and actually ended up buying new wheels and a cassette, as well as a nice tune up, since DS just seems to be very hard on his bikes (he's been riding it for 2 years).
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Crankin' - glad to hear that DS isn't too badly hurt. Sounds like a pretty nasty fall. Good reminder for those of us who push the limits of daylight sometimes ...

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

Crankin, I so hear you. Glad he is okay and hopefully a bit wiser from the fall. Our DS managed to get both of his bikes stolen within 3 months of each other. Bikes we had given him and it has been really hard not to be resentful. Of course he has zero money (student) and we aren't about to replace them for him. Once a mom, always a mom
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Crankin' Glad he is okay!
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Crankin, I am so glad your DS is ok!

I just spoke with him. He was in CVS, looking for gauze to cover his arm. He sounded slightly annoyed I was concerned, but it's my job. He did say the bike is perfectly fine and he did not fall anywhere near his head, the helmet is fine.
    We'll see how quickly he gets back on the bike.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Oh boy. Glad he's OK. (although ... gauze on road rash? )
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Oh boy. Glad he's OK. (although ... gauze on road rash? )
    So long as it's the non-stick kind. Sometimes there isn't anything else I've been able to find to cover it (DH's crashes - and one of my own).
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...