Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 486 of 495 FirstFirst ... 386436476482483484485486487488489490 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,290 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

Dear DH ( the spouse)

I love you but you're really an idiot! When you tripped on your run, only you would decide to take the bus all the way home and wait to borrow the son's car and go to urgent care three hours later. Really, you couldn't have called someone to pick you up? Or gotten off the bus at urgent care on the way home? And I can only imagine what the bus riders thought when you got on looking you had been in a bar fight or something. Sheesh! Glad I didn't see you until all the blood was cleaned up and you were stitched and bandaged.

And could you look where you're going next time?
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

You sound about like I would sound, if my DH did this.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I'm glad he wasn't hurt more seriously! I can understand taking a while to decide that a doctor is necessary, especially if there's no mirror nearby to show how bad you look. But I would not have wanted a bleeding person near me on the bus -- I probably would have asked if he needed any help.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Actually, it happened (of all places) right in front of a bike shop... and although it was before their opening hours, their door was open and he went in and used their restroom to clean up, and got some first aid stuff they gave him to start with. So he would have seen how he looked. Oh, and I forgot to mention the black eye.

azfiddle - Ouch! that must have been some fall.

Yesterday was my day to work at my other job. The Bike Hermit is on a bike tour this week so I had to leave the shop closed. Put a note on the door, etc. Got home (we live above the shop) and there were 4 shipping boxes sitting INSIDE the bike shop - I know all the doors were locked. Emailed our property mgr and he said none of his people unlocked our door. Sent an email to my neighbor - hoping at some point I told her where our extra key is and she put them in the shop - Did not sleep well last night !
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Quote Originally Posted by azfiddle View Post
    Dear DH ( the spouse)

I love you but you're really an idiot! When you tripped on your run, only you would decide to take the bus all the way home and wait to borrow the son's car and go to urgent care three hours later. Really, you couldn't have called someone to pick you up? Or gotten off the bus at urgent care on the way home? And I can only imagine what the bus riders thought when you got on looking you had been in a bar fight or something. Sheesh! Glad I didn't see you until all the blood was cleaned up and you were stitched and bandaged.

And could you look where you're going next time?
    I’m sure he has more good qualities than faults….love and forgiveness ftw

Hoping he heals quickly from the nuances of gravity…….
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

I read these two posts to him and we had a good laugh. Sure he has lots of good qualities, and he does some amazing things (like running his age every year) but sometimes he is very eccentric/idiosyncratic.

To think that even with good qualities, you might never get annoyed, or even upset with your partner is just unrealistic. If you are like AZ, you can laugh about it in the end, but this is just part of life.
    I get annoyed with my DH, for what I perceive to be "stupid" things. We do things differently, despite our many similarities, so I mostly don't say anything, but occasionally, I am like AZ and say, "And what were you thinking???"After almost 38 years, so what? Guess I am not perfect, just truthful.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by azfiddle View Post
    I read these two posts to him and we had a good laugh.
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to

Yikes! Glad he is ok! I also totally understand why he waited - it's like my fall last year at work that I attempted to ignore...hoping he heals quickly from his fall!

Dear Prince
    From my preteen years with my cousin Precilia and your Emancipation album to your ‘Rally 4 Peace’ concert in Baltimore last year you’ve been in my life a long time. From irritating my grandmother to the Baltimore rally with its symbolic message of our shared humanity as a catalyst for pause and reflection following Freddie Gray’s death…..I’ve enjoyed many moments with your musical spirit. I hope you get to meet Precilia……

au revoir mon amour

rebecca

Baltimore
    Last edited by rebeccaC; 04-21-2016 at 11:19 PM.

Lovely, thanks Rebecca.

I feel in love with When Doves Cry playing in the background, bittersweet memories.

Electra Townie 7D

Dear universe,

Whatever you've been doing taking seminal artists away from us recently, put it on hold for a while, okay? Please?

(Dear Az - glad your DH is going to be okay. Understand that he was probably a little shock-y and not in a position to make completely rational decisions. Hope he doesn't have any joint strains/displacements.)
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Thanks Oakleaf- it was mostly cuts and scrapes... the hand was kind of ugly- glad I didn't have to see it before he went to the doc. He still has bad wrist from his last running incident, in which he fell on both wrists on the sidewalk just by our house.... one has never healed completely and that was 3 years ago.

Dear person who damaged the electrical cable causing the neighborhood-wide power outage at work: Maybe the thousands of other people who had to leave their jobs early today are happy about it, but you royally screwed up my afternoon.

Dear person who drives really slowly in the left lane of the highway: There's a special level of hell just for you.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles