Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 471 of 495 FirstFirst ... 371421461467468469470471472473474475481 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,065 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

Dear seed companies,

I KNOW what the mature plant is supposed to look like, that's why I planted your seeds! How about decorating your seed packets with pictures of the cotyledons and first leaves so I know which ones aren't weeds???
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Dear seed companies,

I KNOW what the mature plant is supposed to look like, that's why I planted your seeds! How about decorating your seed packets with pictures of the cotyledons and first leaves so I know which ones aren't weeds???
    Can't think of any weeds (around here, at least) that you can see the cotyledons on when they sprout.

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2009 Specialized Tricross
    2012 Trek Mamba

Here, it's pretty much everything except the grasses and dandelions. Not that there isn't plenty of those, but there are all kinds of other weeds too that do sprout with their cotyledons first. At least I can recognize hairy galinsoga by now, gah, awful stuff!

I'm a novice gardener, trying to learn from my accomplished neighbors. Last fall I planted and transplanted a bunch of stuff. Now I'm looking at all this new growth and wondering what's what. So no weeding for me until I know. My neighbors are understanding, and admit to the same problems. I have one neighbor who knows her wild plants and grasses, and has pointed out all the edible things growing in my lawn (I have everything but grass, it seems). I can invite everyone over for a pick-your-own salad bar!
    Last edited by IBrakeforPastry; 06-17-2015 at 12:34 PM.

Really there are just a couple of things that I haven't planted before. Row crops are easy since they'll be the only thing growing in a straight line. But I planted a few flowers for the first time and just scattered seed irregularly in the bed, and those are the ones that are desperately in need of weeding but I'm not sure what's what!

Dear previous camper owner,

Don't you think perhaps it would have been more fair if you had mentioned you kept four dogs in the camper, before we flew all the way to Texas to pick it up? It's our bad for agreeing to buy it anyway and feeling like we were kind of out of choices, but you could have done the right thing and at least cleaned it.

We ended up having to stay in hotels the entire way home due to off the chart allergies, so more money than we expected on top of the mess.

Signed,

Very disappointed new owners

Electra Townie 7D

Sorry Pax you had to go throug this.

This is one thing I've learned over the years since I am allergic to cigarette smoke is to ask if x place we are going to is smoke-free. I prefer not to go to a guest house when invited if I don't want to end up in the hospital.

Although I have pets, and they travel with us in our motorhome, it is something I would not hide for future buyers knowing some maybe allergic. Yes we keep our motorhome sparkling, we have towels/sheets anywhere a cat or dog could put his butt on or nail in but we can't prevent hair from flying. Thus the importance of mentioning to others who would come visit us.
    Helene
    Riding a 2014 Specialized Amira LS4 Expert - aka The Zebra!
    2015 Specialized Crux e5 - aka Bora Bora bike

Helene, my folks had RVs my entire life and they also always had dogs, but they were kept so clean. This was an older woman and she just seems to no longer see dog hair. She invited us into her home for dinner while we were there, I was wearing navy blue slacks that looked beige by the time I left. Just don't understand not cleaning, or if you're not capable having someone else do it. I still limp horribly from my surgery and don't get around really well, but I'm going to have to clean this thing now or pay someone to do it, so not fair.

Electra Townie 7D

That sux, Pax. So sorry! It's definitely something to ask when purchasing anything. Since we're thinking of a motorhome, I hope we can find a smoke- and pet-free unit if/when the time comes to buy. Yes, we have a dog, but I don't want to have to clean up someone else's dog hair who may not have been so diligent. I am mildly allergic to other people's dogs and very allergic to cats, so I feel your pain!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Thanks, Emily. We've been home a couple of days and Marys allergies are still off the charts. Very frustrating transaction.

Honestly, if I were you I'd buy from a reputable dealer. It costs a bit more but a reputable dealer will warranty the systems for a short time so you won't roll down the road and find out you have no functioning generator.

Electra Townie 7D

Ugh Pax. That stinks - literally and figuratively! Hope you can get it cleaned without too much expense and/or pain.

The closest Roadtrek dealer is going to detail it inside and out for $400. Well worth the money not to have asthma attacks during the process.

Electra Townie 7D

That is great, Pax. Asthma attacks should not be part of the package.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I've had dogs in the past, I hate to think I was ever that immune to floating clouds of dogs hair and funk. We'll be really glad to get it back from the detailer and start making it ours!

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    The closest Roadtrek dealer is going to detail it inside and out for $400. Well worth the money not to have asthma attacks during the process.
    Excellent! And I totally agree about buying from a dealership vs. an individual. We are looking at Phoenix Cruisers (online), very well-made B+ units. We saw and even drove one in Tucson last year, but it was one size smaller than what we want. Still, we got to see the finishes and liked it very much. But who knows, we've been talking about and researching RVs for years now and can never seem to pull the trigger. It may not be meant to be for us, or the timing may have never been quite right. We shall see.

Hope you can enjoy your new baby once the allergens are GONE!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow