Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 444 of 495 FirstFirst ... 344394434440441442443444445446447448454494 ... LastLast
Results 6,646 to 6,660 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

Dear Doofus Rider in Rush Hour Traffic:

You know, three of us were riding up the right side of the STOPPED line of traffic correctly. Having YOU decide to pass the SAME line of traffic on the LEFT put us all in danger of getting hit. Oh, and the slalom show you put on riding down the street past them irritated them even more. People like you, who are DOOFUS' (doofi?) are the reason that people like ME are the ire of drivers. Stop being a dumb-a$$.

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

SheFly-- I happened to be walking up a hill coming out of one of the main residential and entertainment areas of an urban neighborhood (in Cleveland). I saw two spandex-clad cyclists (probably in the university's club) without helmets weave their way through traffic stopped at a light. Ugh. Rage.

Dear self:
    Go to sleep. Finish reading this presentation, take your meds, then go to bed. You're presenting in the morning. You need sleep!
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Ugh, SheFly. Where was this?
    I've already had a few "you are ruining it for other cyclists' moments in the past 2 weeks.
    Especially when there was a whole group of "doofii" stopped and blocking the intersection of Strawberry Hill and Pope Rd. I mean at least 20, standing with their bikes in the road.

Crankin - coming into Concord Center on rte 62 where it backs up by the cemetery. We barely had enough room on the right, and this doofus was going into the oncoming lane to pass on the left. All it would have taken was one of those cars to move right seeing him in their mirror, and we were done for.

The warmer weather is here, and lots of people are out doing stupid things.

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

Dear Testing People:

Why do you wait until allergy season to test students? It's really disgusting to have to listen to my students snort and snuffle over their tests. At least when I am teaching I don't hear it as much.

Also, why is it you wait until the first really hot week?

Disgruntled in the classroom
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Dear Self,
    You wanted more free time and you got it. Now, you better scramble to get 2 more clients. And why are you getting antsy? About 8 weeks until you can send that license application in. You didn't exactly do well with no job, so why do you want to just quit now?
    I'm fine when I am doing my work. It's just the thought of it.
    I really tired of driving so much and going to people's houses. I now realize how small my world was when I was teaching. Work, errands, and a lot of socializing within a 15 sq. mile area. Sure, I enjoy going into the city, but on a daily basis, I want to be able to ride my bike to work (or drive) no more than 10-15 miles and stay in an office. I've managed to configure my schedule so it meets my needs, but other clinicians don't... my boss said she knows I need this structure, but the nature of the program I work with is that it meets the needs of the clients when they want it. I have my appointments scheduled at the same time every week, except for, of course, when people need to do something else, or an emergency.
    I am choosy about which referrals I take in terms of geographic areas, but I may have to relax this if stuff doesn't change in the next week or 2. Not sure if I will make my productivity goal for April.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Dear So and So

Dear fellow bike commuter. It isn't that I don't appreciate that you are making the effort to cycle to work or that I want to discourage you from doing so. However, when you are cycling at a leisurely pace and someone on a bike passes you on a busy street (or any street really) it is better etiquette to not ride into a not yet changed red light further along thereby passing said cyclist who is waiting at the red light so that they then have to trundle along behind you until they find another safe opportunity to pass you all over again.

Congrats on the new bike! Glad you were able to get dibs on it first!

2013 Specialized Ruby Sport
    2012 Specialized Crossroads Sport
    1998 Trek 800 Sport
    1992 Performance Focus

Dear Drivers:

Please, please be careful. Another sad news story.

Dear People Commenting rudely on the story:

Screw you.

Dear self:

You know better than to read the comments. Now study.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Dear Ten O'clock. Hurry up and get here already! I can't call the bike shop and make a deposit on that very cool cross unless you cooperate. Please? The shop opens at ten, and apparently no one comes in early. I can't concentrate except for the words bike bike bike bike, bike bike bike bike, BIKE BIKE BIKE-IDEE-BIKE BIKE. Want Bike!

If someone else already bought it, I may lose 'it.'

Edit: 10:12 AM. Done!!! Put half down. Almost. So now I owe $550.00. Whoo hoo! A 2012 CAADX with 105 upgrade for $1050.00. Can't wait!! Well, I guess I can wait since I do have the entire amount, but I'm making myself make payments so as not to deplete savings.

I'm a good girl.
    Woohoo! Pictures when it comes home!
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Dear woman I was behind for the first mile of today's 10k/5k,
    Did you know that your black capris were so worn/stretched-out that everyone could see that you were wearing orange underwear?

That's why she was wearing underwear at all ...
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Dear So and So

Dear skhill, I don't know you but I just spent the last five minutes bending over in my capris in front of a mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by skhill View Post
    Dear woman I was behind for the first mile of today's 10k/5k,
    Did you know that your black capris were so worn/stretched-out that everyone could see that you were wearing orange underwear?
    Maybe it made her run faster.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Orange is a fast color, that's why my lucky race-day bra is orange. And I had gotten dressed and then changed my shirt after I realized just how visible it was through the old tee I was wearing!