Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 424 of 495 FirstFirst ... 324374414420421422423424425426427428434474 ... LastLast
Results 6,346 to 6,360 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

Dear life,

Can you explain why I keep feeling like I've fallen off the loop somewhere and don't know how to get back on? I feel isolated and blank. It's not that I don't know how to enjoy my own company like everyone keeps telling me to. But I feel utterly absolutely isolated and as a result, spending time by myself is no fun. Actually, nothing is fun. I know it's a tiny problem compared to everything else that happens in the world but this is not how I want to keep feeling for the rest of my life.
    "My school is the doubt in your eyes." - Tito Mukhopadhyay

((((Alexis)))). If you aren't already, have you ever considered talking to a therapist of some sort? I struggled with similar feelings for a long time, and it was definitely one of the bigger issues that my long-time therapist and I eventually tackled. Part of it is that I had to work long and hard at changing certain of my internal dialogues. I also had to work to find the types of people and activities that would fulfill me. For far too long, I beat myself up and felt estranged because most of my then-friends' social lives revolved around hitting the town and, to some extent, drinking. Those were things that made me feel exceedingly uncomfortable. It wasn't until I changed my social circles to include ygoa, cycling, and other physical pursuits that I found a social life more in keeping with my goals and interests. Anyway, I'd encourage you to talk to a professional if you're open to that.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Good advice, Indy.
    yes, life is way way better than what you are seeing Alexis.

to whom it may concern. ahem? the sun? I Thought we had until FRIDAY...?
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Alexis, Indy gave you very good advice. I'll restate it, from the "professional" point of view.
    Please see a therapist. Changing those internal dialogues is not an easy thing to do on your own.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Alexis, Indy gave you very good advice. I'll restate it, from the "professional" point of view.
    Please see a therapist. Changing those internal dialogues is not an easy thing to do on your own.
    As someone who has had to do a LOT of work changing those internal dialogues (and will likely always have to work at it), I concur with Crankin and Indy. Get someone to help you with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    ... Ohwell. sorry to be rambling here.

Ramble on!
    Your posts are wonderful.
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

To whom it may concern
    On Sidi's ITALIAN website I see that there will once again be RED women's MTB shoes. But will they ever sell them in the US of A??
    I'd sure like to know. My wonderful red SIDIs are getting worn out.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna

There's always another trip to Italy for shoe shopping.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Mimi thank you for Don's wonderful thoughts. He was a very thoughtful man. You were and are lucky that he was in your life.

As far as red Sidi shoes, shockingly about three weeks ago, I went for a mountain bike ride; pulled out all my old gear of course and I had almost forgotten that I had bought a wonderful pair of red sidis! They are almost new since I quit riding shortly after buying them. what a nice surprise! They really are pretty. Oh, an shockingly, I am still a decent climber - what's up with that?

Is there any police patrolling in Portland Oregon! The DD has now lived there for 4 1/2 years and last night her car was broken into for the 4th time! All in different neighborhoods and not necessarily sketchy. This time they smashed out the passenger window but someone must have scared them off as they only got a cell phone, whew and two bikes and two computers were also in the car. The DH told her she should consider stripping everything out - like the radio and just leave it unlocked from now on...
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky King View Post
    Is there any police patrolling in Portland Oregon! The DD has now lived there for 4 1/2 years and last night her car was broken into for the 4th time! All in different neighborhoods and not necessarily sketchy. This time they smashed out the passenger window but someone must have scared them off as they only got a cell phone, whew and two bikes and two computers were also in the car. The DH told her she should consider stripping everything out - like the radio and just leave it unlocked from now on...
    Please tell your DD to not leave anything in the car. That's just inviting trouble, seriously. Car break-ins happen no matter what the neighborhood is like when there are valuables inside.

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Dear Life, Universe, Whatever You Are,
    Wow, you sure do come in bursts, don't you? Pretty incredibly positive stuff going on. I know the pendulum swings, but right now, it's swinging my way. And no, I won't give in to superstitions and downplay the good in my life in hopes that will repel the bad. Doesn't work that way. Live life, whatever it brings.

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    To whom it may concern
    On Sidi's ITALIAN website I see that there will once again be RED women's MTB shoes. But will they ever sell them in the US of A??
    I'd sure like to know. My wonderful red SIDIs are getting worn out.
    And mine are .5 sizes too small. Ok for short rides, but not good for long rides. I *really* want a new pair. I have blue, but sapphire slippers just aren't the same as ruby slippers!

ETA: Lest I get anyone's hopes up, I can't part with them until they make them again. I'm too attached
    Last edited by Blueberry; 10-10-2012 at 03:20 PM.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by Sky King View Post
    In large cities it is considered careless to leave valuables in your car. She should not leave her phone! computers! and the like in her car.

hmm, Spokewrench, I was kinda thinking you were going to offer me your shoes. I see they have road bike shoes in red, but I need something I can safely walk in. MTB shoes are the ticket!
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna

Dear Post Office,

Please deliver the warranty part for my cleats SOON! I am in withdrawal from the lack of riding, and I am NOT going on the trainer this early in the year! Thank you and I hope to find a package from you today.

Catherine