Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 392 of 495 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396402442492 ... LastLast
Results 5,866 to 5,880 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

Open primaries, that would be wonderful. Can't help wondering how much it's costing the state to put on this election. There are some contested races btw, just not here, or in my party...

Good news, there are no political ads running!

Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    Dear Mom,

you really suck, you know that?

Yeah, I'll go back and delete this soon. Not yet.
    OMG; I was just typing out a not-so-kind letter for this thread about my own mother. Hugs to you, lph. As you know, I understand all too well.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Thanks indysteel, I appreciate it. Hugs right back at you.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Dear self, get a grip. This is a difficult time but there is no need to smoke, drink, keep late nights and then attempt to squeeze training into it somehow. It doesn't work. Plus, might I remind you, you've been warned about becoming asthmatic. Smoking does that no favors. School starts next week, get your act together. Now.
    "My school is the doubt in your eyes." - Tito Mukhopadhyay

(((((((alexis))))))) Sorry you're having it so rough. Hang in there.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    God help me, but I live in a county where nearly every single elected official is from one political party. And it's not my party. I won't reiterate the myriad of reasons that I hate where I live, but this is near the top of the list.
    I live in a STATE where this is the case.
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

Let me take a wild guess what your district boundaries look like... (about like ours I'm sure, probably no different anywhere)
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Let me take a wild guess what your district boundaries look like... (about like ours I'm sure, probably no different anywhere)
    Salt Lake City got gerimandered to pieces, like the center of a pinwheel.
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

Quote Originally Posted by malkin View Post
    I live in a STATE where this is the case.
    Yeah, the state isn't radically different as a whole, but there are pockets where there are other viable choices. Until three years ago, I had always lived in one of those pockets. Not anymore.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Smoking does that no favors. School starts next week, get your act together. Now.
    Alexis, let us know how cutting smoking goes for you. Sooner to banish, the better. It gets harder 10, 20, 30 years later in life.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whatís in a personís heart.

Shootingstar, it's actually not too bad, I'm mostly a social/situational smoker, so I only smoke when things get highly stressful. I've been able to quit cold turkey with no problems. This time, though, my body is giving me the extra kick to quit by becoming extremely irritated with cigarette smoke.
    "My school is the doubt in your eyes." - Tito Mukhopadhyay

Dearest Uncle!

You must be excited to see me racing after all those years we watched you climb through the categories. The fact that you decided to gift me your Louis Garneau Gennix R1 frame to build up is evidence enough. This saves me... welp... let's just say the price of the frame alone exceeds what I expected to spend on a complete bike. I shall enjoy giving it life again
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Quote Originally Posted by Reesha View Post
    Dearest Uncle!

You must be excited to see me racing after all those years we watched you climb through the categories. The fact that you decided to gift me your Louis Garneau Gennix R1 frame to build up is evidence enough. This saves me... welp... let's just say the price of the frame alone exceeds what I expected to spend on a complete bike. I shall enjoy giving it life again
    WOW!

Dear body:
    Core work. Got it.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Dear apartment managers,

Raising the rent by $250/mo? Really?! And not including parking? Much as I hate to move, I think you'll have a vacant apartment soon.
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

Quote Originally Posted by VeganBikeChick View Post
    Dear apartment managers,

Raising the rent by $250/mo? Really?! And not including parking? Much as I hate to move, I think you'll have a vacant apartment soon.
    Holy cow, that is a huge increase!!

Electra Townie 7D