Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 391 of 495 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395401441491 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by skhill View Post
    Dear self,
    Be sure to look at the labels on the spice jars. Apricot-mustard scones are not nearly as appealing as apricot-ginger...
    oh no . . . .
    I made oatmeal yesterday morning with raisins and Cumin (should have been cinnamon). Yuck.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Being a crappy non-cook has it's advantages... my only spices are salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cinnamon, all in their store packages (except the salt) so they look really different.

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by skhill View Post
    Dear self,
    Be sure to look at the labels on the spice jars. Apricot-mustard scones are not nearly as appealing as apricot-ginger...
    Yuck! I once put cayenne pepper on a waffle instead of cinnamon. It was....interesting.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    Malkin,

Dear stray cats: Why do you keep finding your way to our house? Do you have some sixth sense that we'll care for you? Well, it's off the vet you go this week if the stars align. So, please show up Tuesday evening so that we can capture you for surgery on Wednesday. We've named you Petunia since you like to help us with our yard work. You're a very sweet and friendly kitten; I sure hope we can find a forever home for you.
    I get this completely! I took in a stray black cat last year - he is very sweet. I almost came home with another cat from the downtown tennis courts this weekend. I was the captain and host for a league match on our downtown tennis courts and I was done with my matches early and was watching the rest of my team, and all of a sudden a beautiful long haired siamese looking cat with the bluest eyes just ran right up to me in the grass and plopped at my feet with a big meow! I, of course, started petting it. It had a collar and two tags, but the tags had no address. I was busy for a while and the cat took off, but now I feel like I need to go over and check on the cat to make sure it lives across the street in the houses across the street and was not a stray.

Dear Lenovo & IBM Support Contracting for Lenovo:

I'm glad to have discovered your complete lack of professionalism and customer service of late. You sold a defective laptop to my DH for his work. It spontaneously rebooted constantly after 6 weeks of use. It's been back to you four (yes four) times for repair. You have wasted his time, been rude to him, and otherwise been a PITA (and he's been without his computer longer than he was actually with it, thanks to your incompetence). You suggested a remedy that would have made him happy (a refund) only to now decide that you can't do that and he'll have to settle for a replacement.

I'm really glad that I know this now - when I replace my current computer in the near future, it will not be with one of your products. I'm also glad his co-workers know this before they make a final selection for their next large order.

Signed,

Caveat Emptor
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Dear cordless power tool/outdoor equipment company,

Women actually use your products. My hands are small-ish but not SUPER small. It shouldn't be such a freakin' hassle to reach both sides of the battery at once to disengage the latches from the tool. I'm hoping these batteries last a long time, it p*sses me off when batteries don't last (yes, I'm talking about you, robotic vacuum company), but I surely hope that your next generation of batteries is designed to better accommodate smaller hands.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Dear Marissa at Serfas,

I can't believe how awesome you are. First you entertained my ridiculous request to see if you guys have a long defunct pair of Force 5 sunglasses in clear blue with rose lenses. Then when you didn't find it in the computer, you literally went into the warehouse and dug through boxes of sunglasses until you found a pair. And then you called me back and offered them to me for a 50% discount.

I broke my pair of clear blue Force 5's in a car accident in 2006 and my second pair didn't have the rose lenses but I broke those in 2008 somehow. I guess I just didn't love them as much without the rose lenses. My day is MADE. You are the best. Now I can ride across the USA in some rocking brilliant blue sunglasses, and see properly on cloudy days! THANK YOU. I will send a letter to the company to tell them how awesome you are.
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Dear New Landlord:

You rock! And you are an amazing, awesome person (and who I want to be when I grow up). Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity!!
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    Dear New Landlord:

You rock! And you are an amazing, awesome person (and who I want to be when I grow up). Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity!!
    YAY! You really deserved something really positive in your life. Sounds like you got it.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    YAY! You really deserved something really positive in your life. Sounds like you got it.
    +100. I'm really glad your faith has been restored, Blueberry!!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Dear (((TE friends)))

Thanks.
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

Dear fellow local citizens,

I'm disappointed in all of us. The sample ballot for next week's primary was in the paper today, and, thanks to our closed primaries, there's no reason to show up. Only 2 things will appear on my ballot: I can choose between Pres. Obama and "uncommitted," and between my beloved state senator and a candidate who has withdrawn from the race (and so votes for him will not be counted). That's it. Everyone else, down to city council, is running unapposed. We can do better than this.

I think the sec. of state's prediction of 10% statewide turnout is optimistic... What a way to run a democracy.

skhill, that is just sad isn't it? Although I can see why no one wants to run, I was asked to run for city council about ten years ago, I told them no way in hell. I wasn't about to have my entire life made public in the local press.

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    skhill, that is just sad isn't it? Although I can see why no one wants to run, I was asked to run for city council about ten years ago, I told them no way in hell. I wasn't about to have my entire life made public in the local press.
    God help me, but I live in a county where nearly every single elected official is from one political party. And it's not my party. I won't reiterate the myriad of reasons that I hate where I live, but this is near the top of the list.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I can't wait for the day that we have open primaries in my state.