Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 390 of 495 FirstFirst ... 290340380386387388389390391392393394400440490 ... LastLast
Results 5,836 to 5,850 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    As we were laying in bed feeling absolutely awful, I'd turn to my honey and say "I have an excellent stoke", we'd both smile wanly and go back to sleep.
    Pax, you crack me up. Your sense of humor is right up my alley. My own honey and I have taken to saying "parp" randomly to one another thanks to you!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

o

(((Catrin)))..sure hope good news is on the cards for june

Dear legs,
    Good work today at the 1/2 marathon & thank you for working in the manner I wanted. I wanted 2:20 & ended up 2:21.

Dear Tummy butterflies...wrong time to come to the party...good thing for dense bushes at the exact right time.... We need to figure out a way to get food into you during an event without you going south or making me feel funny.
    I got the best of you though & kept on running

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    Pax, you crack me up. Your sense of humor is right up my alley. My own honey and I have taken to saying "parp" randomly to one another thanks to you!
    I just said PARP! to my honey and she cracked up. We may be sick but we still have our sense of humor.

Electra Townie 7D

Dear friend/colleague who died:

You are probably the only Mormon Stake President friend I will ever have, and I wouldn't be surprised if I am the only communist colleague you ever had.

I liked working with you; I learned a lot from you; I miss you.

Whatever it is that you've got now, I hope it is good for you.
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

I'm sorry for your loss, malkin
    '09 Jamis Satellite Femme | stock Jamis Road Sport -- road
    '08 Trek 7.2FX | Terry Cite -- commuter
    '77 Raleigh Grand Prix mixte | stock Brooks (vinyl) -- just for fun!

Malkin, I am sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    Dear self: Put that SPF lip balm in your saddle bag before you forget...
    Hear you! digging through my bike bag on Saturday only to discover the lip balm didn't make the transfer - Paying for it now - we were riding the oregon trail and my lips matched the pioneers for sure
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Malkin, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Lip sunblock is one of my collection of "small things" that goes into a jersey pocket, along with tiny jars of chamois cream and regular sunblock, and a gel and a Zenergize tablet for longer rides. It all just lives with the rest of my gear so it's ready to go when I am. Things in my seat pack aren't very accessible, so that's reserved for "in case of" stuff like flat, chain and cable repair; space blanket; and Epi-Pen. Anything I actually expect to need or want on a ride goes in a pocket.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Malkin,

I'm so sorry about your friend and coworker.

Dear stray cats: Why do you keep finding your way to our house? Do you have some sixth sense that we'll care for you? Well, it's off the vet you go this week if the stars align. So, please show up Tuesday evening so that we can capture you for surgery on Wednesday. We've named you Petunia since you like to help us with our yard work. You're a very sweet and friendly kitten; I sure hope we can find a forever home for you.

Dr P: Thanks for being such an awesome vet. You have quickly become our favorite vet and that's saying a lot because all the vets at your clinic are great.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Dear Anthropologie,

Thank you for making this strapless dress.

LOVE.
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

I'm sorry for your loss, Malkin.

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post

Lip sunblock is one of my collection of "small things" that goes into a jersey pocket, along with tiny jars of chamois cream and regular sunblock, and a gel and a Zenergize tablet for longer rides. It all just lives with the rest of my gear so it's ready to go when I am. Things in my seat pack aren't very accessible, so that's reserved for "in case of" stuff like flat, chain and cable repair; space blanket; and Epi-Pen. Anything I actually expect to need or want on a ride goes in a pocket.
    I'm putting it in the bag because it's the sort of thing that I'm not terribly used to carrying around and odds are good that it'll end up in the wash!
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I'm putting it in the bag because it's the sort of thing that I'm not terribly used to carrying around and odds are good that it'll end up in the wash!
    As long as it doesn't end up in the dryer, it's all good
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Malkin, I'm so sorry for your loss. Big hugs.

Dear universe, why is it that you keep insisting on sending me guys who dump my a** and then return a few hours later to demand me back and then get peeved to an extreme point when I refuse? Did I somehow fail that test the last time and you felt you needed to retest to see whether I've grown a spine? If you'd like to explain yourself, now would be a real good time. You're making the whole crazy cat lady gig seem so much more...agreeable.
    "My school is the doubt in your eyes." - Tito Mukhopadhyay

The other advantage of having it live with the rest of my cycling gear is that it automatically comes out of the pocket when I'm done with a ride. Take off shoes, helmet, HR strap, sunglasses with mirror, and gloves; empty pockets; all of it goes into the mesh backpack so it's ready for next time.

The only difficulty is when I'm in marathon training and I bring the lip moisturizer and sunblock along on long runs, too. I don't use enough of either to have a third tube (the "first" set of containers lives in my purse) - they'd just go rancid - so I do have to remember to transfer them from my running vest to the cycling pack. But that usually happens roundabout the time I start missing the weight of my Epi-Pen in my purse. Another thing I don't have three of ... one lives in my seat pack, and the one from my purse comes along when I run.

Okay you're right, it is more to remember than I thought. At least the pack guarantees I'll keep track of all the dedicated cycling stuff. And it's only an issue for about six weeks in each marathon training cycle.
    Last edited by OakLeaf; 05-15-2012 at 02:29 AM.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Dear self,
    Be sure to look at the labels on the spice jars. Apricot-mustard scones are not nearly as appealing as apricot-ginger...