Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling, triathlon & fitness apparel.

Page 388 of 471 FirstFirst ... 288338378384385386387388389390391392398438 ... LastLast
Results 5,806 to 5,820 of 7059

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Catrin, are you doing OK?
    I've never heard you say you're depressed before...
    Yes I am, just dealing with the consequences of some choices I made that have come to a head. I used to have major problems with depression but not for a long time - and I know myself well enough to know this is "just" situational. Bike endorphins and sunshine will help. The details don't matter, but it helps to have a place where I can acknowledge it and keep moving forward as I do what I need to do. Amazing what a difference that makes.
    Last edited by Catrin; 05-09-2012 at 04:49 AM.

2011 Custom Gunnar

((((((Catrin)))))) Hang in there, hope you get some good bike time soon.
    Trying to live every day as though it were my first

Catrin, I feel for ya. Bike time will definitely help. And thanks for the suggestions!

I started using simplynoise.com yesterday after I posted that... and man, as dubious as I was, it really helps. I also moved my monitor to a different part of my desk so now I am facing the cube wall where cubemate is on the other side. I put a mirror above my monitor so that I can see people enter my cube. I hope it works. It seems to be working a little so far.

She swears a lot too. Loudly. That, I still hear.

But I feel kind of badly because I think she really does have Tourette's.

I wish she would get a bike. It would probably help her.
    I can do five more miles.

(((((Catrin))))) Feel better soon. Depressed is a sucky place to be in.

Indigoiis, that burping? Sounds like my parents on a bad day. They both have GERD and a bad day goes like "Urp. Excuse me. Urp. Urp. URRRRP. Urp. Urp" with the occasional dry heaving thrown in. Oh and the hiccups too. It happens so much I've gotten used to it. But yes, definitely noise-cancelling earphones help. I believe somewhere out there exists these ear plugs with white noise, those might be helpful too. And discreet.
    "My school is the doubt in your eyes." - Tito Mukhopadhyay

(((Catrin)))
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    Dear 61% of the voters in my state:
    You suck. You really suck. I've never been this ashamed of where I live. Blergh.
    Ridiculous, isn't it? Still, I was very proud to see that Orange County voted NO by 79% to 21%. And the entire Triangle (Wake, Durham, Orange, and Chatham) voted NO. Since I'll be returning to that area before too long (I hope), I'm proud to inhabit a tiny bastion of sensibility in a sea of ignorance and fear.

Hope your family issues are behind you soon. You have really had more than your share to bear in that department!

Where are you moving, if you are willing to say? PM me if you like!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flo
    2006 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Bontrager Select FIT CRZ+
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flo

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    Dear 61% of the voters in my state:

You suck. You really suck. I've never been this ashamed of where I live. Blergh.
    Dear Blue - I'm very glad to know you're part of the 39% who understood the widespread ramifications. Hang in there with the BIL.

~SK
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Dear Coworker;

Do you really think you have been "given" a "bad" group of kids for the last four years? Seriously, I am tired of hearing that I have all "the kids who care", "all the supportive parents", "all the kids who can think". And that it's been this way for four years now.

Maybe it's not the kids. Whenever I tell you about something cool going on in my class, you say, "Oh, my kids couldn't do that." Have you tried? Yeah, we talked about Pythogorean Theorem in class the other day. Most of the kids didn't get the formula, but they loved seeing it work when they drew out right angles with sides of 3 and 4 and 6 and 8. So what if it's a 7th grade standard. It's your job to teach them to think. That means pushing them out of their comfort zone.

When we meet to divide out classes for next year, you better voice your concerns. You're the one who thinks things have been done unfairly in the past. Although I took two of your "bad" kids from last year and have turned them around and you have repeatedly said some of my students would drive you batty!

Veronica
    Last edited by Veronica; 05-10-2012 at 07:28 AM.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Oy.
    I hear my own voice from year's past.
    2007 Kuota Kebel
    Terry Falcon X

2011 Guru Praemio
    Terry Falcon X

Dear in-laws, when you call and no one answers, please just leave a message and your son when call back at his earliest convenience. Do not keep calling back at half hour intervals. The fact that you leave a message that merely states you will be calling back in a half hour is annoying. It's even more annoying that you leave a message stating the same thing with each call. I know you may find this difficult to hear, but he/we sometimes have other things to do than chat on the phone with you. You two need a hobby.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    Dear in-laws, when you call and no one answers, please just leave a message and your son when call back at his earliest convenience. Do not keep calling back at half hour intervals. The fact that you leave a message that merely states you will be calling back in a half hour is annoying. It's even more annoying that you leave a message stating the same thing with each call. I know you may find this difficult to hear, but he/we sometimes have other things to do than chat on the phone with you. You two need a hobby.
    That is annoying . . . along the same lines:

Dear Inlaws,
    Do you really have to call every day the second DH walks through the door? You guys work together all day long, can't the work take a break for 60 minutes so DH can have a chance to see his kids for a few minutes before they go to bed? I know its difficult to believe, but "the business" will not fall apart if you wait an hour to call. Sheesh.

Dear DH,
    Is it that hard to tell your dad you'll call him back after the kids are in bed? That's all I'm asking. The kids are only conscious for a handful of minutes by the time you get home (if you even get home before their bedtime). Can't you spend that precious time with them? It's really not that much to ask and it means the world to them.

~Limewave
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

Quote Originally Posted by limewave View Post
    Dear DH,
    Is it that hard to tell your dad you'll call him back after the kids are in bed? That's all I'm asking.
    Oh, that sounds familiar... My always-helpful, always-polite dh is forever coming home late even if we've arranged a set time "because he met x in the door" or "got a phone call as he was leaving". I have never understood why it is so hard to just say "Sorry! I was just leaving. Can it wait until tomorrow?"

*sigh*

But then, I'm the cranky one who won't even pick up the phone if I don't feel like talking. Send me a message, that's why mobile phones were invented.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/SI SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Jett

Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    But then, I'm the cranky one who won't even pick up the phone if I don't feel like talking. Send me a message, that's why mobile phones were invented.
    In the last couple of years, I've gotten really hostile when it comes to talking on the phone. I used to sort of enjoy it on some level when I was single, but now I just see it as intrusive. I rarely call anybody and I rarely get calls myself. So, when the phone rings, I know it's likely my inlaws. Not that I begrudge them talking to their son, but they're just so dogged about it.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

It IS intrusive! When the phone rings, for some reason you're expected to drop anything else you might be doing, stop talking to whoever you're already talking to - who might even have taken the trouble to actually come over and visit in person, turn off any music you might be listening to or movie you might be watching, hop to it and take the phone, to talk to whoever fancied chatting with you right now, because they're bored in a car or something.

Heh, no wonder no-one ever calls me.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/SI SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Jett

That's the beauty of cell phones - ringtones specific to the caller. Even if you have a landline, you can forward all calls to your cell and get that functionality.

My phone lets me route numbers straight to voicemail. DH's phone doesn't, but this (.wav file) is the ringtone he's assigned to numbers from known spammers.
    Trying to live every day as though it were my first