Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 373 of 495 FirstFirst ... 273323363369370371372373374375376377383423473 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,595 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

Oh Pax. I am so sorry. I really feel your anger there. I always feel that this stuff hits harder in the cycling/motorcycling community because of how aware we are that people are driving completely distracted all the time. I do my best to educate my 8th graders on the matter. Ugh.
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    Oh dear.... I don't think I could waste it on the birdies.... I rendered it myself from local organic leaf lard.... too much work just to feed the birdies.
    YUMMMMMMMMM. I always save my bacon fat for browning meat and sauteeing greens.
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Dear Self,
    Please don't be mad at the 13 year old boy who will only talk to you when you are hiking in the woods. As in, the woods which were full of tics last week. First, I came home on Monday, stripped in my entry way and inspected myself. DH thought I had gone nuts.
    I thought I found one attached to me the next morning, but no sign of any problems. When I was going to bed Thursday night, DH says, "What is that big black thing on your back?" Ahhh, a nice tic, firmly embedded .Got it out.
    I went to the doc yesterday at lunch time. She said there's no sign of the "bulls eye," but I am taking 2-3 days of the horrible antibiotic to make sure. If nothing appears, I can stop. If I start getting symptoms, I have to take them for 3 weeks. Sure, I don't want Lyme Disease, but my stomach already feels puky after one dose.
    I think the errant tic was in my running shoes which I wore on the hike, and wore Thursday morning to the gym.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    Oh dear.... I don't think I could waste it on the birdies.... I rendered it myself from local organic leaf lard.... too much work just to feed the birdies.
    Oh, I see! Didn't realize it had been so much work. Can it be frozen?
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

(((((Pax))))) So sorry for the loss of your friend. Love and prayers to his family.
    Beth

I am so very sorry Pax.

Oh Pax, that is so sad. I'm so sorry.

Crankin, wow, I didn't realize Lyme was so prevalent there that they'd treat without symptoms. Hope it turns out fine.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

((Pax))
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

:(

(((Pax))) I'm sorry to hear you lost your friend . I hope his family is being cared for & are surrounded by the ones they love.

Ian's father passed away yesterday & understand how you feel at the moment.

Dear People,
    Can you get your $*(*%&%& together & stop been stupid hoons!!!
    A friend's cyclist son was killed last week by a drag racing drunk $*$*$**$...

poo..

Pax and CC, sorry for your losses.
    Oak, Lyme is extremely prevalent here. And with the warm winter, the doc told me that they have been treating cases all winter. We have 2 neighbors who had significant neurological damage from Lyme disease from the era when people didn't often get treated until it was too late. I think I'm fine, no symptoms, so today will be my last day of the meds.

Dear people who came to the AMC Bike Workshop,
    Get a better night's sleep. So many of you were nodding off and we were not boring!
    I've done this for 5 years and this was a very unusual group; I hope you don't fall asleep if you come to the New Member's Ride .
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Dear Self,
    Please remember to take your asthma meds PRIOR to mowing the lawn. Your airway and lungs would appreciate it.

At least they'll get a rest before you have to do that again. Or get some sheep. Or a lawn guy.
    Beth

I vote for lawn guy. After years of suffering through yard work and being so messed up I couldn't go outside for days afterward... hired a guy to mow and now I get to spend time enjoying myself outside!

Electra Townie 7D

Pax -- so sorry about the loss of your friend. Sensless and tragic.

Dear upstairs neighbors,

Are you running a day care up there? I honestly thought that since your kids were grown, we wouldn't have herds of little elephants running across the floor above us and screaming quite so often. It's great that you've made so many new friends while you spend your winter holidays here, but how I yearn for some peace and quiet! Glad we're getting away for five days tomorrow. I need it badly before I say something I live to regret.

Dear self,

Never again buy or rent any place underneath anyone else!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I wear an N95 mask to do yard work (and ride my moto) when pollen is high. The drugstore "pollen masks" are useless - the OSHA masks are well worth the extra couple of bucks.

I'm going to need some sheep for sure. Maybe we should have a collective TE flock to travel with the seasons. Most people up home have already mowed two or three times, and we won't even be home for another three weeks or so ... just hoping all the mower needs is fresh gas and a battery charge ...
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

((Pax and CC))