Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling, triathlon & fitness apparel.

Page 367 of 470 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377417467 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 7050

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

ooo congrats!
    Help me reach my $8,000 goal for the American Lung Association! Riding Seattle to D.C. for clean air! http://larissaridesforcleanair.org
    http://action.lungusa.org/goto/larissapowers

Yeah, I am pretty proud, knowing how he saved and has no debt, got approved for a special MA first time buyer's loan, considering how much freakin' money houses here cost, compared to other parts of the country.
    Sometimes I want to strangle parents who think the only way their kids can be successful is to spend 200K on their college and let them live at home afterwards, so they don't have these experiences.
    2007 Kuota Kebel
    Terry Falcon X

2011 Guru Praemio
    Terry Falcon X

Dear men,

Did it ever occur to you that when you "shake," those droplets don't magically disappear? Would you please, just once, wipe your OWN dried urine off the walls, floors and sides of the commode? Why can't you just use toilet paper like normal human beings?
    Trying to live every day as though it were my first

Dear Ivan the Cat,

I know you hate it when men visit, but must you always poop in the middle of the floor just to make that point?

Sincerely,

Your poop-cleaning slave

BTW, been reading this thread for the past few days. Love it!

Dear esteemed colleagues offering real estate advice at lunch today,
    You have no idea how completely disheartened I am about my "situation". Telling me that I should go for a drive, check out other neighborhoods isn't very helpful. What I would like to hear is an invitation to join you to check our your lovely neighborhood - as I'm not familiar with this city, as you well know.

Living in real estate limbo sux.
    Beth

Now in the PNW
    2005 Specialized Allez Sport (survived Hurricane Katrina in the attic of the flooded LBS)
    2005 Breezer 3-speed comfort bike (H. Katrina evacuation purchase)

Quote Originally Posted by bmccasland View Post
    Dear esteemed colleagues offering real estate advice at lunch today,
    You have no idea how completely disheartened I am about my "situation". Telling me that I should go for a drive, check out other neighborhoods isn't very helpful. What I would like to hear is an invitation to join you to check our your lovely neighborhood - as I'm not familiar with this city, as you well know.

Living in real estate limbo sux.
    I'd go for a bike ride not a drive. Explore the bike and ped accessible areas of your city (there are lots of delightful ones!) I might be up there soon, real soon. A couple weeks. Maybe a TE neighborhood exploration ride is in order
    Last edited by Trek420; 03-13-2012 at 08:21 PM.
    Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on the road ~ Motobecane Mixte
    N+1 new bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Commuter ~ Soma Buena Vista Mixte

http://madeinusareviews.blogspot.com/

Beth, I'd love to plug my neighborhood and take you for a tour of it but I fear it might be too far north for you ...

Might be fun to hang out regardless. Trek's idea is a good one.

I'm currently limited to riding on my trainer but would be open to meeting up with TE-ers for post-ride treats and libations.
    2008 Rodriguez Rainier Mirage / Terry Butterfly Tri Gel
    2007 Dahon Speed Pro TT / Biologic Velvet
    1998? GT Rebound / Serfas Gel

Here we go again, more change in the dept. where I work. This time, I'm wondering if it's going to affect my job because a similar position is being posted.

So I have figure out a path or paths, when I get more info. Or I'll just resign myself for ride without stressing myself...over more change.

I'm getting a bit tired of change, just have had to live through alot of major personal change in past 1.5 yrs.
    A Serious Cycling Blog and Cycle Write Blog
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Bike riding weather has been scarce in our neighborhood lately for all but the toughest of riders. Temps hovering near freezing, wind, snow, sleet, rain... Not easy for a gal from New Orleans for sure.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    Bike riding weather has been scarce in our neighborhood lately for all but the toughest of riders. Temps hovering near freezing, wind, snow, sleet, rain... Not easy for a gal from New Orleans for sure.
    Darn tootin right!
    (even if I do own 1 thermal long sleeved jersey and 1 pr of thermal tights)

And y'all are right, a bike ride through a neighborhood would be much better than a drive. Even a walk is better than a drive. In this "lovely" weather I'd rather walk than ride. Yes, I'm a wimp. I admit it.
    Beth

Now in the PNW
    2005 Specialized Allez Sport (survived Hurricane Katrina in the attic of the flooded LBS)
    2005 Breezer 3-speed comfort bike (H. Katrina evacuation purchase)

Dear self
    Yes it is going to be another near perfect day to be outside and yes, it's spring break but you have ridden 146 miles since Saturday and all the routine house chores have been put off long enough, not to mention any project that takes longer than 20 minutes. Besides, the muscles are requesting a day off no matter how perfect it is outside for a spin up to Saguaro National Park. Get to work and ride tomorrow!

Love, me
    2011 Specialized Ruby Comp/ Specialized - Specialized Oura
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Darn tootin right!
    (even if I do own 1 thermal long sleeved jersey and 1 pr of thermal tights)

And y'all are right, a bike ride through a neighborhood would be much better than a drive. Even a walk is better than a drive. In this "lovely" weather I'd rather walk than ride. Yes, I'm a wimp. I admit it.
    All I can say is that, as a southern woman who now lives in central Indiana - PI Amfib tights + bib shorts + PI Barrier shoe covers + smartwool base layer + smartwool LS jersey + thermal jacket makes a fine combination and keeps me warm in colder temps I hope it gets warmer for you soon.

I won't rub in the 78 degree temps they are calling for today. Not at all

2011 Custom Gunnar

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    All I can say is that, as a southern woman who now lives in central Indiana - PI Amfib tights + bib shorts + PI Barrier shoe covers + smartwool base layer + smartwool LS jersey + thermal jacket makes a fine combination and keeps me warm in colder temps I hope it gets warmer for you soon.

I won't rub in the 78 degree temps they are calling for today. Not at all
    Why is it so warm? And more importantly, why is it so warm around finals so that I can't go out and enjoy it? Grump.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Dear Bike Friday:

What is it that you don't like about Southern Californa? Last time we were here, you destroyed your connections to the nice generator hub I got for you and went through 3 tubes in a week. This time, you've blown a spoke in a rear wheel. I know you don't like TSA, but really? We're adventuring! Good thing we have an understanding bike shop willing to get you rolling again ASAP (and a good friend to transport you)!

Your owner
    There's still so much to be done... -- JB

Of course we're right Think listings near the Burke Gillman, Interurban trail .... close to shopping, walkable. Find a few and do a walk to open houses or just to see the outside.
    Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on the road ~ Motobecane Mixte
    N+1 new bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Commuter ~ Soma Buena Vista Mixte

http://madeinusareviews.blogspot.com/