Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 365 of 495 FirstFirst ... 265315355361362363364365366367368369375415465 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,475 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

Dear Neck,

Please stop complaining because I dared to ride my bike two days in a row. You aren't even complaining very much, which is nice, but please stop all of it. I do thank you for allowing me to finish both rides without pain!

Ok, so it was a little windy yesterday...had to be for me to have a max HR of 173 - on the road I knew I was fighting a pretty stiff breeze across the fields but sheesh! Ok, I guess you had a right to complain, but please stop now!

Regards

Your body

Ugh, I hate knee length skirts and dresses. They make me look dowdy. I'd have to wear 4 inch heels. I want skirts to hit above the knee for work or a little higher for casual wear.
    I bought a new dress Friday for the first time since last summer. A petite xx small should not be too long.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Ugh, I hate knee length skirts and dresses. They make me look dowdy. I'd have to wear 4 inch heels. I want skirts to hit above the knee for work or a little higher for casual wear.
    I bought a new dress Friday for the first time since last summer. A petite xx small should not be too long.
    I don't look dowdy with skirts that hit at my knee if they're a-line. If they're cut a little straighter, the look better right above my knee. What I can't wear are true minis. Unflattering at best (on me) and unprofessional in my legal setting. You and I are different heights and have different frames judging from your weight.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I don't know if it is a carryover from the many years when I was so large, but I seem to like skirts that hit mid-calf. I feel neekid in skirts that hit above the knee This is funny considering I've no problem hitting the streets on my bike in spandex shorts and no-sleeve jerseys :-)

I like that A-line skirt however...it might be time to expand my wardrobe...

Oh, I know, Indy. I just find it so frustrating that everything seems to be getting longer. I think I have an unnatural fear of turning into a "Cambridge lady," i.e. a therapist who wears calf to ankle length skirts, Dansko clogs, lots of scarves, big flowing jackets, and chunky jewelry.
    I wouldn't wear mini skirts to work, either, but I do wear them (or short dresses) instead of shorts in the summer, for non-work time. I hate shorts, except bike shorts, of course.
    I do love pencil skirts.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

At least when it's too long, it can be hemmed or altered.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    I don't know if it is a carryover from the many years when I was so large, but I seem to like skirts that hit mid-calf. I feel neekid in skirts that hit above the knee This is funny considering I've no problem hitting the streets on my bike in spandex shorts and no-sleeve jerseys :-)

I like that A-line skirt however...it might be time to expand my wardrobe...
    You should wear shorter skirts. You have really good legs.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Oh, I know, Indy. I just find it so frustrating that everything seems to be getting longer. I think I have an unnatural fear of turning into a "Cambridge lady," i.e. a therapist who wears calf to ankle length skirts, Dansko clogs, lots of scarves, big flowing jackets, and chunky jewelry.
    I wouldn't wear mini skirts to work, either, but I do wear them (or short dresses) instead of shorts in the summer, for non-work time. I hate shorts, except bike shorts, of course.
    I do love pencil skirts.
    I'm surprised you feel like skirts are getting longer. Nearly every online store I looked at yesterday (the Loft, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, J. Crew) mostly had two offerings: minis or pencil skirts. Only Boden seems to be offering a variety of skirts that hit right at or slightly above the knee. Most of the skirts I've bought in recent years are from Boden, but their fit has gotten kind of wonky of late, which is frustrating. I'm lucky in that I can get away with more business casual attire at work when I don't have court, which means the average pencil skirt is somewhat dressier than I like. I do like that look as a general rule though. You have such a petite frame, so it doesn't surprise me that you find somewhat shorter skirts flattering. I veer towards being a pear, which is why a-lines work better. They flatter a lot of women though, which is why I think it's odd that they're hard to find.

The bottom line is that I hate buying clothes for work. I'm in an in between age (not young, not old) and I think it's become increasingly difficult to find the right niche shop that also offers clothes that actually fit. I'd rather shop for running, cycling, hiking clothes.

But as per usual, my venting in this thread shouldn't be mistaken for a real problem.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

All this skirt talk makes me giggle, I haven't worn a skirt or dress since sometime in the 80's. Sundresses look like fun though.

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    All this skirt talk makes me giggle, I haven't worn a skirt or dress since sometime in the 80's. Sundresses look like fun though.
    LOL. I have a hard time finding pants that fit me, especially since there's a trend toward shorter rises. My butt and thighs are just too out of proportion to the rest of me. Plus, I almost always have to get them hemmed. With skirts, I can get away with not having them altered and they're often more forgiving of my figure flaws. Plus, they look dressier for work without necesssarily being dressy.

My job is kind of funny. Most of the time, I'm hidden away in my office behind locked doors. Few people see me. But I also often have to go to court certain days. I sit behind a bench that's right outside the chambers door to the courtroom, so people barely get a glimpse of what I'm wearing. I always feel bad that I don't dress up more, but it just seems sort of pointless. Still, I was reminded that there is an accepted dress code when my boss got on a male attorney who showed up to court without a suit jacket and tie. My guess is that my boss has held his tongue about my wardrobe for years.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Update on the Real Estate Agent Saga:

When I posted, we had less than 24 hours before we were headed out of town for a week, and we had been told my lots of people that we needed to be on the market by 3/15 (or the weekend after) - so we didn't have long to make a decision and get everything lined up.

We talked to the agent who was the other finalist - and that I think we both felt like we should have gone with from the start. She was able to instantly tell us when she could list (photos, etc) and give us a timeline. We are much happier, and I'm VERY confident in the new person. Crossing our fingers for a quick sale!
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

That would be rough! I wore uniforms for years, then switched to a job with very casual business dress, now the only "dress code" I have is having to wear something on my feet. Seriously, I could wear a swimsuit to work and they couldn't say a word. It cracks me up!

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    Update on the Real Estate Agent Saga:

When I posted, we had less than 24 hours before we were headed out of town for a week, and we had been told my lots of people that we needed to be on the market by 3/15 (or the weekend after) - so we didn't have long to make a decision and get everything lined up.

We talked to the agent who was the other finalist - and that I think we both felt like we should have gone with from the start. She was able to instantly tell us when she could list (photos, etc) and give us a timeline. We are much happier, and I'm VERY confident in the new person. Crossing our fingers for a quick sale!
    Crossin' my fingers, too! I thought buying a home was stressful...until I later had to sell one. The latter is much worse, at least in this market. I hope it goes well for you!

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    Crossin' my fingers, too! I thought buying a home was stressful...until I later had to sell one. The latter is much worse, at least in this market. I hope it goes well for you!
    Ditto! Selling is much more stressful -- have to keep things perfect all the time, be ready to leave for a showing at a moment's notice. Then the stress of the inspection -- what do they want you to fix?

I would MUCH rather be a buyer. So many choices, so many possibilities, so much power. Such fun! Of course, it's been a buyer's market for quite some time. In a seller's market, I might feel different.

Good luck, blueberry, and glad you went with the other agent!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

You should wear shorter skirts. You have really good legs.
    Thanks for the encouragement Indy, I DID buy a shorter dress last year that I've worn an entire one time...and I will make a point to bring it out when the hot weather hits. I would far rather buy bike/fitness clothing. One nice thing about being a much smaller person these days is I've more hope of finding something at Good Will or consignment shops. I never had luck when I was size 20+. Not that they didn't have anything that size, I just didn't like any of it.

Good luck to all trying to buy and sell homes. I've never been a homeowner, and at this stage of it all I am content with that. I've a good landlord that fixes things when they break...I may not have equity, but I don't have to fix things either. It is a balance.