Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 363 of 495 FirstFirst ... 263313353359360361362363364365366367373413463 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,445 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

Dear Gods of Clean:
    Wowee!

Clean clothes!
    Clean sheets!
    Clean hotel room! (except for our stuff strewn everywhere!)

Dear everyone:
    Thanks for the good wishes. We rode our new foldies for about 15 mi around Lake Mead this morning. I'm still getting used to the gearing, and haven't got the fit adjusted quite right yet, but still it feels like heaven!

Also, it's Nevada, so we can load up the car with pleasant forms of ETOH, because maybe the only way to survive our construction/destruction is by drinking!
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

First time I've seen ETOH noted somewhere other than an assessment or treatment plan...
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Okay, I'm lost. What's ETOH?

Malkin, so sorry about your contractor from hell. Hope you can put a notation in on angie's list or something similar so others don't suffer the same fate. Glad you were able to get away for awhile and have fun!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I have seen ETOH in medical charts which means alcohol abuse. And it is the first time for me to see it other then in a medical chart too.

It just stands for ethyl alcohol aka ethanol aka the kind you drink (-OH is an alcohol, the full chemical symbol for ethanol is CH₃CH₂OH) - doesn't necessarily denote abuse. I've used the abbreviation in my own notations to myself - don't have much call to use it now that I'm retired. The abbreviation, not the substance.
    Last edited by OakLeaf; 03-10-2012 at 01:09 PM.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Dear Tulip,
    Wow, you are doing so wonderfully with your finances...you are really getting it! Did you really budget and fund all your bills and expenses THROUGH APRIL already?? Funding and budgeting two months ahead is AWESOME! And saving for all those rainy day categories really makes life easier. Ahhhh...

Congratulations, and enjoy those Arkel panniers--you deserve them (and you saved for them and budgeted for them!). Oh, and that upcoming bike vacation--all saved for and budgeted, too. Have fun and congratulations, again!

-Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by solobiker View Post
    I have seen ETOH in medical charts which means alcohol abuse. And it is the first time for me to see it other then in a medical chart too.
    I use it all the time in my notes...not to drink! Of course, having done my undergrad in chemistry and being in grad school for toxicology (where the favorite example of one of my professors is ethanol toxicity), it gets used fairly often.

It's pretty common to use MeOH (methanol) and EtOH in science because we're lazy. Then we go out for EtOH produced by some very lovely fungi on Fridays!
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

feet n things

Dear body,

Thank you for all your hard work today . I never thought i'd ever enter and finish a 1/2 marathon but today I did

2:46 was my official time & did it by walk/run/walk/run/walk etc...

I had heaps o fun & can't wait for the next one...(soon )

Thank you

back to lurking

Dear Tulip:

Congratulations!!! You rock

Enjoy those panniers, your vacation, and the satisfaction of being in control of your life!
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Dear DH- I am very proud of you for completing a 400k rando ride, and doing it in about 19 hours. (Even though I think this randonneuring stuff is a bit extreme). Way to go.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Dear Real Estate Agent:

We are not happy with you. The "too busy to deal with us on Sunday" when you know we leave town tomorrow act is getting old. It's not like we're not addressing things you told us about yesterday. As is the "add this to your to do list" at 48 hours until listing. Something like painting the front steps is something you could have told us a while ago (you know, when you gave us the long to do list we have busted our butts to accomplish). And the wunderkind painter that you recommended for the porch - yeah - we're still cleaning up his mess. Not going to let you bring him back for more work.

We haven't signed a contract with you (that's part of what you don't have time to deal with on Sunday), and we're already t!cked.

Signed,

The person who thought you would make her life easier and now has no confidence in you
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Blueberry, sending you a PM about recommended RE agent there.

Congratulations CC! Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    Dear body,

Thank you for all your hard work today . I never thought i'd ever enter and finish a 1/2 marathon but today I did

2:46 was my official time & did it by walk/run/walk/run/walk etc...

I had heaps o fun & can't wait for the next one...(soon )

Thank you

back to lurking

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    Dear body,

Way cool.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Blueberry -- good thing you found out about that RE agent before you signed. RUN far away! There are plenty of excellent agents in the Triangle area, no need to settle for someone annoying, snooty, or who otherwise acts like helping you get your house ready to list is a waste of his/her time.

STRONG recommendation for Melanie Girard, now at Allen Tate (Chapel Hill, but off 15-501 on the way to Durham, and I suspect she does listings for both cities; she worked in Carrboro when we hired her). She was a dream to work with (almost everything could be done via email, which we appreciated), and got our house sold in 60 days in spring of 2010, when the market was at its worst:

http://local.yahoo.com/info-55680671...rd-chapel-hill

Good luck!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow