Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 230 of 495 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 7422

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    Indy, can't you move? sounds like living downtown would be ideal!
    It would be...for me. DH not so much. DH's job is about 25 miles south of our house; mine's about 25 miles north. When we decided to marry, we picked a town that's roughly halfway between our two jobs. I got the short end of the commuting stick because I have traffic and he doesn't. From a job standpoint, both of us are where we want/need to be. He works as a process engineer for one of the biggest engine manufacturers in the world. I have one of the least stressful jobs a decently paid attorney can have. I may be forced to find a new job when my boss retires in three yeas, so until then, I'm commuting.

If we moved farther north, we'd be in suburban hell in the town where I actually grew up. It would be worse there in a lot of ways than where we currently live because it's one gigantic strip mall (with the congestion that suggests). At least we can ride from our house and be in the country in five minutes or drive to the best park in the state for mountain biking in roughly 45minutes. Most days, I'm able to tolerate it, but today was just a bad day.

We have a vacation coming up (a weeklong tour of the Katy Trail). It will do us good. DH had been working a lot lately because his plant is rolling a new engine into production. They're down a couple of engineers, so they're all pretty stressed out. I think his stress is spilling over to me at home in that I've had to pick up the slack on some things that he ordinarily helps with.

Trust me; most days these issues are kept well into perspective. Today, not so much. I'm still not convinced that my thyroid isn't wonky, too. I have my first endocrinologist appointment tomorrow morning; hopefully, I'll learn more soon.

Sorry for the pity party folks. I just needed to vent. Thank goodness for this thread.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I feel for you Indy, I have no idea where public works planners get their ideas. I'm fighting with the city right now, they are rerouting traffic from a major through-way right down our little tiny residential street. There's barely room for two cars to pass and now we have buses and semi's winding their way down the street.

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    I feel for you Indy, I have no idea where public works planners get their ideas. I'm fighting with the city right now, they are rerouting traffic from a major through-way right down our little tiny residential street. There's barely room for two cars to pass and now we have buses and semi's winding their way down the street.
    Oh, that's bad.

There's talk of a high speed rail network that would link my community to downtown (and beyond). I'm not superconfident--especially with state, city and county budgets as they are--that it'll happen anytime soon, or at all, but the thought of it sends me into book-reading bliss. I can't imagine how different life would be with that as an option. I'd be more than happy to fork over tax dollars for it.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    Dear Mudmucker
    My goodness hearing from you gives me an entirely new perspective on this cancer thing.
    My perspective changed the first time I went to the cancer institute...you've probably noted this too. Even though I'm used to it - I'm continually shaking my head - every time I go to the oncological medical facility, the waiting room is packed. So many patients, during one appt interval, on one day, in one facility, in one city....

So I see RD starts chemo/rad on Monday. So then, no surgery?

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    If you ever want to ride, let me know, although you will probably drop me like a hot potato.
    Ha. I don't think I'm dropping anyone, at this time, this year. Other than this current nonsense, I unfortunately had several "other" physical setbacks that has kept me off the bike for most of the summer. I hope to start up again by next week but right at the time when I'm usually peaking (as is everyone else), I'll just be starting up. I'll be at the same fitness level as I would be coming out of winter, maybe less. I doubt I could ride 20 miles without getting fatigued or winded. Usually my body responds rapidly once I get into it - I hope so this time too.

At any rate, winter will be approaching before we know it. We can always get folks together for some skiing.

Dear Mudmucker
    oh yes, Surgery after he heals from the chemo/radiation. Maybe in November.. late october, not sure. Today he got tattoos! (what fun! oh boy!)
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Mudmucker, I *know* you will drop me in the skiing!
    Seriously, PM me, if you want to ride.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Dear Calypso,
    There is a nice litter box in the bathroom, I'd appreciate it if you used that instead of pooping in the hall.
    Beth

Dear Calf,

Thank you for finally healing from the dog bite It took you 4 MONTHS to heal completely - while I understand it was a bad bite need it have taken quite so long? Regardless, thank you for finally getting with the program and healing!

A thankful Catrin

Dear DH,

If I want to tape my Garmin to my mntn bike, that's my dealio. No, I do not want the bike mount. I like taping it to my bike, then I don't have to worry about it falling off when I crash. Why it is any concern of yours? I know it may not look "cool" but it's functional, cheap, and works for me. I'm happy.

I will also continue to tape other things to my bike including Gu packets. So easy! So convenient! They are right where I need them and in one swift move I've removed it from my handle bars and it's opened and ready to consume! No fumbling around in a jersey pocket or trying to open a bag.

Be embarrassed. Make fun. We both know that I am closing the gap on you (heh-heh-heh!) and you just can't stand it! BTW: your bike shorts have a HUGE HOLE IN THE A**.

You loving wife.
    2005 Giant TCR2
    2012 Trek Superfly Elite AL
    2nd Sport, Pando Fall Challenge 2011 and 3rd Expert Peak2Peak 2011
    2001 Trek 8000 SLR
    Iceman 2010-6th Place AG State Games, 2010-1st Sport, Cry Baby Classic 2010-7th Expert, Blackhawk XTerra Tri 2007-3rd AG

Occasionally Updated Blog

(((Limewave))) that's really cute.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Dear Irene:

Please go out to sea. Right now, you are headed squarely for my mom's house. Think east - I hear it's nice out in the middle of the Atlantic.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    Dear Irene:

Please go out to sea. Right now, you are headed squarely for my mom's house. Think east - I hear it's nice out in the middle of the Atlantic.
    Irene is headed straight to my house. Not sure if my bigger threat is a tree (lots of them) falling on my house, or flooding. The roof is new and assuming it was done right, should be OK. I had 14-16" water in the front yard after a bad Nor'easter a couple years ago - almost up to the 3rd step. I have a very bad feeling about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by withm View Post
    Irene is headed straight to my house. Not sure if my bigger threat is a tree (lots of them) falling on my house, or flooding. The roof is new and assuming it was done right, should be OK. I had 14-16" water in the front yard after a bad Nor'easter a couple years ago - almost up to the 3rd step. I have a very bad feeling about this one.
    Yikes. I'll keep all of you in Irene's path in my thoughts.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Dear thyroid.

I don't like you. Why can't you just behave like you're supposed to? I don't want to have Graves' Disease. I don't want even more eye problems than I already have. I don't want my endo to scrunch her face up when I ask her if it's okay to exercise (and go on a bike tour in two weeks that's already paid for). I don't want to fit in multiple doctors visits in my already busy schedule. I don't want to feel like I'm going to burst into tears and not know if that's "just my thyroid" or if I'm having a legitimate emotional response to stress.

Grrrr.

That is all. For now.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

(((Indy))) BTDT, if it does turn out to be Graves and you want to talk about it you know how to reach me. You are a strong woman and can stand up to it, but hopefully it will turn out to not be the problem. I had this very badly in my 20's and still remember what it was like.

I hope Irene turns out not be a problem, scary stuff indeed for those in her path. Sending good hopes, thoughts, and prayers for all TE members who might be in the path of the storm.