Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 495 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear So and So

To disable ads, please log-in.

ROFL!!

Superb!! Thanks for filling me in.

Dear School Bus Driver-

Can't you see that the bike lane has ended and I've moved into your lane? Don't you drive the same route every day and the bike lane ends at the same place every day? Do you really have to come within a few inches of my shoulder when there's absolutely no one in the lane next to you?

Signed,

The commuter with the 5 flashing blinky lights on the back of her bike

Wow, I feel better already
    Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it - Maya Angelou

Dear God:

Can you please cancel the 15 inches of snow you were sending this weekend? I'd really appreciate it so much that I'll stop eating Cold Stone ice cream. While I have you on the line, could you maybe send me a financial windfall so I can open a bike shop catering to the needs of women cyclists?? Everyone would appreciate that greatly.

sincerely,
    karen, the one with the bad cold

Hey Karen,
    If you need someone to help you run the bike store count me in, I'm in the neighborhood. Now maybe if we both do the "no snow dance" maybe the Nor'easter will miss us.

Dear Fellow Path Users,

We are all in this together. I know you walkers wish those of us on wheels would go away, but we don't like getting hit by cars. Also, we are trying to be as careful as we can. So when we say, "passing on your left," could you please just make sure you're on the right half of the path? You and your little dog, too? Thanks. That would be great.

Also, a special message to roller bladers: It's not a great idea to have your Ipod cranked up to concert volume. Better to do that on the couch at home. Because you tend to use a lot of path and if you veer left when I've already said "passing on the left" I may not be able to avoid driving up your back.

Yours in courtesy and safety,

Shewhobikes

Dear Santa,

Daisy loves her new wheels! Thank you, thank you. She is one happy girl. They are smooth as silky, oh so comfy, and, my gosh, are they flashy! They danced all over the road today on their first ride together.

By the way, do you know anything about that dark menace that followed us? It turned when we turned, it mirrored our every movement and followed us home. There was also this bright orange ball in the sky. Is the end drawing near?

Signed.
    Happy Sarah

Dear Parents:

Would some of you consider buying your kid a bike...and riding with them once in a while? They might 1. get off the couch more often 2. be better able to transport themselves and 3. be less interested in drugs and alcohol. If you ride with them, you may even find out what is on their minds.

Dear lottery officials:

I am paying my dues but you are not coming through on your end. Thanks in advance for your attention to this matter.

shop vacs

Dear maker of shop-vac

Can you please make a quiet model? Having 3 of these running in my basement for the entire weekend did avoid damage to the carpeting, gyproc, and our tenant's belongings, but the ringing in my ears hasn't stopped yet!

Dear weather gods

Can you please cancel any remaining extreme weather you had planned until after we have our backyard dug up to put in proper drainage? That should be in May or June, so let's just keep it a steady -5 C with a gradual and windy melt, okay?

Many thanks

~T~

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    Dear 3M (and other tape manufacturers),

Can you please make one kind of masking tape that comes off as intended when you take it off the roll?

(This should tell you what kind of a morning I am having; I wouldn't normally post from work because of Big Bro!).

Love,
    yellow

Dear cycle clothing manufacturers,

Have you ever even considered producing a pair of womens baggy shorts that:

a) doesn't look like boys swimming trunks;
    b) doesn't smash my "never spend more than a day's wages on a single item of clothing" rule???

Yours,

- tlkiwi

Dear University Student Bus Driver:
    If you ever pull in front of me again and stop where there is no bus stop just so you can let your buddies off at their apts, I will be waiting for you and I will have more than my little bitty Torelli pump.
    Signed,
    Good Community Citizen and Tax Payer (so you can go to school and have a job)

Dear University Bus System Phone Person:
    Thanks for asking for lots and lots of details, confirming the lack of bus stop, and letting me vent. I'm all calmed down now and enjoying my post ride glow.
    In appreciation,
    SadieKate

Quote Originally Posted by yellow
    Dear 3M (and other tape manufacturers),

Can you please make one kind of masking tape that comes off as intended when you take it off the roll?
    Oh YEAH...I am SO with you on that one. Packing tape too please!

Dear Publisher's Clearinghouse,

Could you please skip the formalities and just confirm my winning entry? I need more time to ride, my son really wants to be homeschooled, and this working full time thing is really getting in the way of both of those. I don't need the convertible Thunderbird, cash will be fine.

Thanks in advance,
    fixedgeargirl

good one fixed gear girl! and ditto Independently wealthy would work much better for me and my habits!

so, do you really ride a singlespeed? do you race it? wow. I bow down in awe of you!

namaste,
    ~T~

LBTC - I do ride a fixed gear. It's set up like bikes you'll see in photos from the late 19th-early 20th century, when bikes were a major mode of transport for Americans. It's my townie/commuter and I ride mellow single track on it. Though I think my concept of *mellow single track* is skewed, since I grew up in Crested Butte, LOL. I've never raced it, and am less likely to now, since I blew my ACL last year skiing. I've become a lot more careful.