Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Crankin: the weather here isn't really good enough to ride outside unless you are on a FATBIKE. So, I go and ski and then come back and hop on the trainer. It's too soft for the Fatbike on the trails, and with all of the snow, roads are too narrow. Bug weather will get cooler tonight, sp we'll see what happens. I will admit that I'm definitely envious with you being able to ride outside>

Well, I could still be skiing, if I wanted to drive for an hour, but, like i said, the switch went on in my head! I didn't do much cold weather riding last fall/early winter, or even last winter, so I've been forcing myself out the door if it's above 38 degrees. And, when I actually get out there, it's enjoyable. I think part of the reason I like skiing so much, is that the season is so short, I get "crazy" with it.
    Some of the roads here are still melting, but except for my first ride, last Saturday, the rest has been fine. Of course, we are going to get some more snow on Wednesday, but it looks like, not more than a couple of inches, so the roads won't get too messed up again.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Oh! I'm definitely envious when I hear about your road conditions! Although we have had snow melt, the snowbanks are still high and roads narrow here... but I keep reminding myself that will change. Of course, waking up to -11 this morning, well now I'm VERY anxious

Bump!
    Snow is on its way. I might have a week that involved riding and skiing. Six to ten inches predicted, especially in the area where my favorite semi-local touring center is.
    On another note, we just booked a one week vacation in the Methow Valley at the end of Feb.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I most certainly did have a week with riding and skiing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rm.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	17471  
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

No snow. Anywhere.
    It's just too cold for me to ride outside. I guess I'm a wimp. Looking for some local hiking with elevation today.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Got some backcountry touring in 2 weeks ago. Last weekend it was below zero so we decided to stick at home.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN8767.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	17505

Is anyone skiing????
    I've been out a few times, thankfully, we have snow!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Been out a few times in the backcountry. The mountains still need more snow. Feb and March are our big snow months

From Day 2 of skiing this weekend. Saturday was a high of 10 F, with sustained winds of 20 mph, gusts up to 40. I was almost blown over more than once. Today was perfect.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	remprofile.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	17530  
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I had a delightful 2 days of skiing at the Craftsbury Outdoor Center in Vermont Jan 24-25. Skied 16.7 km Saturday morning, 11 km Saturday afternoon, and 13 km Sunday morning. Came back to a blizzard in Boston 2 days later. Unfortunately too busy shoveling and working to ski much on the local snow. But did get to Great Brook Farm last Sunday for 4 hours. Where were you skiing last weekend, Crankin?
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

We actually spent 2 days at Windblown. Kind of a spur of the moment decision to stay up in Rindge before we left Saturday morning.
    We were up at Bretton Woods the weekend before. I went to Great Brook last Thursday afternoon, but not sure if I can get there today. Snow shoed on my local trails yesterday (the one you hiked on a few years ago) and it was challenging with all of the deep snow.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    Was in Stowe, VT at a conference for a few days this week and XC skied at the Trapp Family Lodge today before driving home. There had been a few inches of new snow overnight so the conditions were excellent; I skied out to the cabin where you can get lunch and the place was packed (word to the wise: try to do that trip on a weekday and not a weekend, especially if you really don't like crowds). Going to the cabin is a workout--lots of uphill! Coming down from the cabin was a little sketchy in a couple of places where it was a steep downhill (I ate snow a few times), but mostly pretty good. I think the route I took coming back down was probably the most gradual downhill there was.
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

That is a really fun trail. And the cabin is always busy, even on weekdays during good snow season.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Had a great early morning ski at Great Brook today. They opened at 8:30, got there and we were skiing by 8:45. Trails were not even completely groomed, but it was awesome. Snow falling and only saw about 10 people while we were out. Did the usual outer loop of about 10.5K, all the hills and we were done by 10:00. Drove back to Concord and had a second breakfast and latte at a great café. Got to spend the rest of the day relaxing and finishing up some paperwork.
    Just got the call that my office is closed tomorrow.... this is almost as good as teaching.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura